Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Wideners
Load DataLee PrecisionSnyders JerkyInline Fabrication
Repackbox Titan Reloading
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Re-Re-Re-Run of MiHec .452 - 200gn Cramer

Boolit Master
    I need some advice . I have not recieved an invoice from Mihek. I have PM him, emailed him, emailed him from his web site no answer. I was on the list so i know he has a record of my order. Can anyone give me any sugestion on who to fix this problem. Thank you

Boolit Buddy

Don't know whats wrong....

On post #209, 8 days ago, Miha posted:

Quote Originally Posted by MiHec View Post
    All invoices are out!!!!

Check your e-mails

If you missing invoice please PM me.

So you were right to try and get his attention;
    I checked the list and your email is there and appears correct.

1. You do have a PayPal account, correct? That's where the invoice goes to.
    2. Is this the email address you use for PayPal?
    3. Did you log into your PayPal account and see if the invoice is there?

When I get an invoice from him, it comes to both my computer's email
    and into my PayPal account, I log into my PP account and pay from there.

There may be a problem because you are using a web-based account
    instead of a "client" based email installed on your computer, like Outlook.

Boolit Mold
    Mine arrived today. This is my first MiHec mould and now I can see what everyone has been raving about. Pictures just don't do credit to this level of artwork. I know I am going to have to have more...

Vendor Sponsor

Invoices

....And check your Spam filters/folders

I still have some open payments....
    Please if you did not receive PayPal invoice PM me here on the forum.
    www.mp-molds.com
    --------------------------------------
    If you want to win, you must not lose

Got mine today! Outstanding!
    Thanks MiHec.

Boolit Mold
    I recieved mine today, looks fantastic!

Boolit Bub
    Miha,

Got the mold today- this is an absolute work of art. I was a machinist for 11 years in a previous life, and I am absolutely enthralled with the outstanding work you put into this mold. Took some measurements, and it looks great. The only thing that I could find was one of the 5 point pins does wiggle back and forth .0025" in the mold (inward and outward) after closing the mold. Doesn't matter which cavity I put it in. I don't know if this will make any bit of difference, but we will see when I cast with it. It doesn't appear to be due to diameter.

The quality of this mold speaks to your attention to detail, and how much better work you put out now that you have your own CNC mill. Congrats- you have created one of the finest molds I have ever seen. Can't wait to heat 'er up and cast a hundred boolits or so.

Thanks! Oh, and THANK YOU for keeping the price so reasonable. This mold is worth a lot more than you are charging right now. You are a great credit to our hobby!

-Reid-

Boolit Buddy
    ya mine came in today too, haven't opened it but I know it's fine.

Boolit Master

I've done a couple of casting sessions with mine and have to admit that this is a fantastic mold.
    Top punch is great, too

walt
    NRA Life
    USPSA L1314
    SASS Life 48747
    RVN/Cambodia War Games, 2nd Place

In Remembrance - Super Moderator & Official Cast Boolits Sketch Artist

Well I guess were needed to post the arrivial of our new babies I got the twins took one of them and tried it out today gal can now full of 45 hollowpoints weight with WWs is 201grs did not mic them but mould works fast for a HP and easy just got to run hot which is fine. I be waiting for a 44 HP to come along.
    Reloading to save money I am sure the saving is going to start soon

got mine a few days ago, cast with it today. shortest break in of any mould I have ever used. It dropped wrinkle free, sharp edged, flat bases, after about 10 pours. However I did notice some problems.

Number one, on visual inspection, one can plainly see that the cavities are not finished. They still have tooling marks and are not smooth. I hope I am not being overly picky, but my lee and rcbs moulds cavities are as smooth as can be (well not perfect with the Lee's, but certainly not as bad as the MP I received). Now I am not here to bad mouth this mould or it's designer or anything like that, this is just not really what I was expecting for a $90 mould. Maybe mine is an exception and everyone elses is fine? just asking.

Issue number 2. The boolits drop WAY undersized. .450 to be exact (give or take). I tried with everything from pure lead to lino. They are all undersized. Now to be fair I am going to give it another casting session and a few days cure time to see if there is any changes, but .450 is just not even close.

Issue 3. Boolits are not round and the hollow cavity is not on center.

too bad I had high hopes for this mould. I will give it a few more tries and let's hope the trouble is ME and not the mould. I just don't get how this can be so far off?? I am really thinking I am doing something wrong, but I have never had this trouble with any other mould that I own in .452 (and I have at least 6 others). I obviously need some help with these problems. Thanks.
    Last edited by AriM; 03-13-2010 at 06:34 AM.

Boolit Grand Master

AriM;
    You need to PM Mihec and describe the mould's problems to him (a GOOD picture would be nice for him to see). He'll treat you properly.

I cast with mine today for the first time. The cavities are EXTREMELY smooth and well finished by ANY standard. First, I scrubbed the mould blocks thoroughly with a toothbrush and liquid hand soap. Then I used Rapine mould release on the noses of the pins (ONLY on the noses). I lubed the shafts of the hollow point pins (lightly) and installed them. I used the Pentagonal pins (LOVE those pentagonal pins).

I decided to go with 16/1 lead/tin this time. I wanted a "fix" on the diameter with an antimony free mix just for academic reasons. I had no problems with the bullets dropping - sometimes required a light tap or two on the handles and the bullets fell off the pins. It took a few casts to break in the mould (as usual) and then they started running VERY nice.

These are NICE bullets.

After they cooled I mic'd them and they ran .4523" on both sides of the lube groove. They were spec'd at .453" with WW's so they are just about spot on. Couldn't ask for more. I believe that these babies will SHOOT! I grabbed a random handful and with this alloy they weighed in at a nominal 201 grs. They only varied + or - .5 grs. Really nice bullets in every way.

I am, again, EXTREMELY happy. I can't wait until we finish up with the RCBS .45-270-SAA Cramer Style mould and it starts shipping. Things are looking GOOD!

Dale53

Boolit Bub
    I closely examined my mold's cavities- they are very smooth throughout except for the last .100" at the nose end. Visually rough, but haven't cast yet to see how the boolits cast yet. I guess I better do so soon, to make sure roundness and size are where they need to be.

-Reid-

Frosted Boolits

These babies DO shoot. EXTREMELY accurate over 5.0 grns titegroup (875 FPS out of my Kimber Custom Classic)...OAL to headspace on the boolit!
    My Feedback : http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...iscoyotehunter

An armed society is a polite society.

the BB knows

Quote Originally Posted by IllinoisCoyoteHunter:aka BB1 View Post
    These babies DO shoot. EXTREMELY accurate over 5.0 grns titegroup (875 FPS out of my Kimber Custom Classic)...OAL to headspace on the boolit!
    +1 on the 5 grns titegroup & as far as the mold goes mine drops boolits more or less at .4535 "perfect" I don't size them and they shoot great out of my Dan Wesson CBOB. I could not be happier with these molds in fact I just finished up casting around 300 of them. I'm using the 5 sided pin, shot the mold with a little dry graphite spray and let it sit in the pot for about 3 min, no lost boolits and no sticking

"That guns do more than protect us from criminals; more importantly, they protect us from the ongoing threat of government."
    Lyn Nofziger

Boolit Buddy

mold arrived

Miha,

My mold arrived today. I won't be able to cast for a while, but this mold looks as good or better than the first one. The vent lines appear to be significantly improved as well. Thanks for continuously improving your product line.

Two suggestions:

first, please engrave the diameter and weight on the outside of all your fine molds. Makes it much easier to find the right molds now that I'm collecting quite a few of your great works.

Second, let us op-out of the top punch and allen wrenches. I hate to see the parts go to waste, and they aren't of much use with my star lubricizer.

Thanks again for the great product. Can't wait to get the 44-200 RNFP and put it to work.

And a 7mm mold if it's in the offing.

Best,
    -john

Boolit Master

Was thinking I needed something to do to get my mind off my empty driveway.
    I thought it would be nice if my mold showed up, at least I could look at it.
    Dale said he would send me some handles to use. If I got the handles at least I could open them and close them and make believe.
    Well my friend has been getting my mail for me and today he brought the mail, and
    THE MOLD__AND___THE HANDLES. Hooo Raaaa.
    About 45* outside and a little windy. Could have been 20* and a full blow typhoon.
    This dog was goin to hunt. --------- Fired up the old Lee 10#der out on the deck and crank her up -------- back inside to prep the golden brass beauty. I had to tweak the pins a little as they were a little tite. Gave her a little bath with hot water, Dawn liquid and the old tooth brush.
    The Cavities were nicely machined, and the mold seem to function fine,
    Pins in and out nice and smooth, open close and no light between the two halves.
    A little bull plate on the pins, sprue plate,and a little here and there on the mold.
    Did a mini pre heat for the mold and put the range scrap with a little tin to her.
    After about 5 open and close and back in the pot, I started thinking Oh boy this is going to be sweet--and it was. Fill--drop--fill drop and the pile grew bigger and bigger.
    HP was centered--no sticking, no flash, no nothing but great looking bullets.
    Put a hot (warm) one on the scale it was 201 and .452 dead nuts on the diameter.
    Julie Say's --you don't look so depressed anymore. I said how could I be--look I have about 300 anti depressants here in this little pale. Had my coffee, my new mold and thank you Dale for the new handles.
    I just know everything is going to work out for us.

Sam--Gw.
    Hate is like drinking poison and hoping the other man dies.

*Cohesiveness* *Leadership* *a common cause***

***In a gunfight your expected to be an active participant in your own rescue***

The effective range of an excuse is ZERO Meters

Boolit Grand Master

Sam;
    Over a rather long life in a high stress occupation (now retired) I found that shooting, casting bullets, and reloading was one of the best (if not THE best) stress relievers EVER.

I have been doing all three for sixty years and still get as excited on a good performance on the range, or a pile of good looking bullets or loaded rounds as I did when I was fourteen.

Glad you like the handles!!

Dale53

Had a chance to run mine yesterday.

This is my first experience with any none aluminum mold so I had to "learn" where the molds happy place was regarding temp.

Once I got the message that it likes to run hot, I was making great boolits. Perfect, I won't even size these, just lube and shoot!

Boolit Mold
    Got mine yesterday (Monday) casting now.

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516 LastLast