RepackboxTitan ReloadingWidenersInline Fabrication
Reloading EverythingLoad DataSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2
Lee Precision MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: WT Borrow 1/2 x 28 or 14x1mm barrel thread tools

Boolit Buddy

WT Borrow 1/2 x 28 or 14x1mm barrel thread tools

Does anyone have the barrel threading tool set that has the threading die, die alightment tool, and the die handle that would let me borrow it to thread my SAR-1 barrel? I can give a deposit or work out some kind of renting payment if you have it. thanks PM me please if you can work out a deal.

If you don't have any takers, you can get 1/2-28 taps and dies from JTS Machine for ~$15 each. I don't know what your capabilities are, so that may or may not be helpful to you.

Boolit Master
    To do it properly you need a lathe. Bullet strikes right in front of your face are no fun.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by richbug View Post
    To do it properly you need a lathe. Bullet strikes right in front of your face are no fun.
    A threaded die would make the threads concentric to the barrel OD, but the threads need to be concentric to the bore, thus the need for a lathe as Richbug states.
    "Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." - Ernest Hemingway

Boolit Buddy

A lathe is not required with the threaded alignment tool that fits into the 30 cal bore and has striaght threads on it to start the die straight on the barrel. I asked if someone has some I can borrow no lathe required I did my research and know a lathe is of no use for my ak

Boolit Master
    A flash suppressor shouldn't be a problem, but a sound suppressor wouldn't be a good idea!
    "Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." - Ernest Hemingway

Boolit Buddy
    I have the 14 1 left hand set to include the special die wrench PM me.

Used it to thread a Norinco SKS worked great with a lot of oil.
    Last edited by gds; 01-09-2010 at 02:48 PM.

Boolit Master

NW Ohio, almost as N and W as you can be :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by yotatrd4x4 View Post
    A lathe is not required with the threaded alignment tool that fits into the 30 cal bore and has striaght threads on it to start the die straight on the barrel. I asked if someone has some I can borrow no lathe required I did my research and know a lathe is of no use for my ak
    Actually there is at least one guy that threads a LOT of muzzles without removing the barrels on all kinds of rifles. Tornado technologies maybe ?? He has built a jig to hold a barreled action in his lathe.

One could also jig the gun up in a vertical knee mill like a Bridgeport and turn the barrel with a boring head, then run the die on it perfectly square.

Where there is a will there is a way.

Bill
    Both ends WHAT a player