Reloading EverythingRotoMetals2Load DataWideners
Inline FabricationLee PrecisionTitan ReloadingRepackbox
MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: The Twenty-Two Thread

When reloading supplies were non-existent...still not much better.... I 're disocvered'' the fun of .22rf shooting.A buddy had thousands of rounds,so sold me some as there were no bricks around here for a while either.

Just have a stock 10-22..well it does have a new trigger group... and my son has a Rossi pump gun.
    The new group on the Ruger improved groups a ton.wow

17.00 a brick sucks,but beats the heck out of not having any ammo.

First real gun I ever had, a "Monkey Wards" 22LR that was stolen during my poor days. It had belonged to my grandfather, given by my grandmother after he passed on. Still sick about it 35 years later.

Anyway, nowadays.

Taurus PT-22 , blue

Ruger Mark III, 22/45, 6" barrel, blue

Ruger 10-22, stainless

Qualified for the CCW with the Mark III, as TN does not specify what you can carry. Once you get the permit, you can carry any legal pistol you want.

Boolit Master

Sure, maybe 8 or 10 of em.

My 22 is a Springfield 1922 M-2 Training Rifle.

Pretty darn accurate!
    Have a TON of FUN, Mac ....................Born to ENABLE ................ "BEATING GRAVITY EVERYDAY"

Boolit Master

Semi-auto hand guns, revovers, and rifles. They are a lot of fun just plinking and letting the grandkids shoot. One grandson has laid claim to my High Standard HD-M while another has spoken for my Smith Model 617 and his sister wants grandpa's Browning. The 7722 is a fun tree rat gun and 1022 gets a workout when the kids are visiting.

Yep...it'd be fair to say I/we shoot them quite a bit.

Edd
    Charter member Michigan liars club!

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in Government." -- Thomas Jefferson

"Consider the clown(s) just one of God's little nettles in the woods, don't let it detract from the beauty. Sooner or latter you are going to run into the nettles regardless of how careful you are."

Beware of man who types much, but says nothing.

several single shot .22's
    3 trainers
    one Henry lever
    one Ruger 10/22 converted to .17 Aguila

I have a Ruger single six, and a CZ model 99.

I don't shoot them much (Not the rifle, I use the Single Six alot for trapping). 22 ammo is getting hard to find, and I have a Marlin 357
    Last edited by Bullshop Junior; 01-18-2010 at 04:17 PM.

Moderator Emeritus

I have 12 22's, and was told to join another forum if i wanted to discuss them, so i did. have a nice day.
    Give us this day our daily lead.

Sic Semper Tyrannis.

If you don't want 1984 you're going to need some 1776.
    WWGWD

Boolit Master

46b scope mount

Quote Originally Posted by Freightman View Post
    I was given a Mossberg 46B in a box just parts and no two pieces together, said for me to use as parts he was tired of trying to put together. Well in an hour I had it together and went to the range. One hole at 25 yds made my day now I am going to get the scope mount or the peep that goes with the old mossbergs.
    Havalin sales deals only in Mossberg and they have a side mount bracket with rings for the older Mossberg's. I bought one it was a perfect fit. IMO the old Mossberg rimfire's are one of the most accurate rifle's out there. FB

Boolit Master

One of the most fun and accurate 22s I own is on a TC Encore frame. I have the stainless Pro Hunter. I have a 3-9 silver Leupold on it. My grandson loves it. At 50 yards he can shoot milk jug caps (on edge) and shotgun shells all day long. It is fun and cheap. It is also a good way to spend quality time with my 11 year old grandson!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 45nut View Post
    anyone here shoot a 22?
    Yes.

Banned
    I have several rifles and pistols in .22RF but they are not really range toys. I do not send many 22Lr's downrange with no purpose other than fun. I use 22's more for gathering tasty little vittles than anything.

My favorite 22 rifle is a birch stocked remington 581 that I stripped the colored varnish off from about 17 yrs ago. It has a nice orangish hue to it now. It is used alot for treerat gathering with my Mt. Currs. It is also my "meal of opportunity" front door/open window house gun.

My favorite 22 pistol is my Monson made 22 DanWesson....it is what makes little long eared furballs into stew fodder when I run my beagles.

Boolit Master

Is the Pope Catholic?
    USMC 1980-1985

Boolit Master

Over 10,000 rounds a year.

Heck yeah, .22 LR is the only thing I DON'T reload for though lol
    Keep moving forward!

Boolit Bub
    I like old Mossberg .22's

for critters I have a Mossberg 146b with a 4X Weaver scope and a Mossberg 152 semi-auto with factory peep sight

For paper I have a Mossberg US 44 with factoy receiver sights

Richard

Boolit Master

Three rifles, 4 handguns

John
    W.TN

Boolit Master

I had a Ruger Mk III with a bull barrel and a red dot scope thingie. It was so accurate that it got boring. I sold it off.

I have a CZ 453 Varmint barrelled bolt action rifle with a Leupold scope that is just a tack driver. My buddy had a Kimber with a good scope and we had a little contest with them.

At 75 yds my cheapo rifle outshot his every time. Even when we swapped rifles back and forth the CZ outshot the Kimber everytime. He paid over a grand for the Kimber and I paid less than $400 for mine. His is a lot nicer looking but mine shoots better.

But even this ammo for these is kinda getting pricy compared to when I was a kid and a box of 50 rounds in .22 LR cost about .75 cents and today?

We are talking about some ammo running at 5 cents a round or more. I can make .45's cheaper than that.
    Pax Nobiscum Dan (Crash) Corrigan

Currently casting, reloading and shooting: 223 Rem, 6.5x55 Sweede, 30 Carbine, 30-06 Springfield, 30-30 WCF, 303 Brit., 7.62x39, 7.92x57 Mauser, .32 Long, 32 H&R Mag, 327 Fed Mag, 380 ACP. 9x19, 38 Spcl, 357 Mag, 38-55 Win, 41 Mag, 44 Spcl., 44 Mag, 45 Colt, 45 ACP, 454 Casull, 457 RB for ROA and 50-90 Sharps. Shooting .22 LR & 12 Gauge seldom and buying ammo for same.

Rifles
    Savage-Anschutz 64 sporter
    Contender Carbine (18")
    Winchester (Miroku) 1885 Low Wall

Handguns
    Ruger MkI
    S&W Model 63 (the SS Kit Gun)

I don't shoot them much since getting into casting. Too much centerfire load development work going on. May have one along to test out the chronograph or kill time while waiting for barrels to cool.

Unless its a range day with the kids, then we shoot them a lot.

-ktw

If any one is looking for a good 22, we have a CZ for sale. Good price. PM me.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast