Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2WidenersLoad Data
Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationTitan Reloading
Repackbox

Thread: Eleven Degree Forcing Cones

Boolit Buddy

Eleven Degree Forcing Cones

Around two years ago I bought the eleven degree forcing cutter kit from Brownells after talking with Sheriff Jim Wilson. I cut some of my pistolas, which was Smiths and Rugers. I only shoot cast. The cutting didn't hurt any of them and it helped some. A friend of mine just bought a used Ruger Redhawk four inch barrel that shot cast boolits at twenty five yards into maybe 6 to 8 inches at 25 yards. After the eleven degree forcing cone cut the group shrank to around 2 inches. Amazing difference. My question is, have any of you tried this with a cap and baller black powder pistola ? I haven't owned one for several years, but that might change today because I am going to the gun show at Lakeland Florida. thanks Jim

Black Powder 100%

Livingston, La. 20 miles east of Baton Rouge, La.
    Jim, I have four USFA revolvers that have the 11 degree forcing cone. They are in 45 Colt and 44-40 and I shoot nothing but BP in them. The idea behind the 11 degree forcing cone is so that the bullet enters the barrel without damage and then fills the bore for better accuracy. Target guns have had their forcing cones opened up to different degrees for years. I don't see where the round ball would benefit with this. Maybe if you were firing the conical bullet there could be improvement but that would be something that I have never heard of anyone doing. I don't see any problem with trying it.
    Shooter of the "HOLY BLACK" SASS 81802 AKA FAIRSHAKE; NRA ; BOLD; WARTHOG;Deadwood Marshal;Bayou Bounty Hunter; So That his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat; 44 WCF filled to the top, 210 gr. bullet