RotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationReloading Everything
WidenersTitan ReloadingSnyders JerkyLee Precision
Repackbox Load Data
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 2010 nevada cast bullet shoot

Super Moderator

..............I gotta say we pretty well cut that board in half right on the red line! Maybe there's something to these steenking Peestols after all, ya think?

That rifle team was a bunch of hard shooting folks. A few times I'd draw a bead on a bird and it'd explode before I could squeeze the shot off. Not many things better then shooting a match in a snow storm

.............Buckshot
    Father Grand Caster watches over you my brother. Go now and pour yourself a hot one. May the Sacred Silver Stream be with you always

Proud former Shooters.Com Cast Bullet alumnus and plank owner.

"The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."

Shrink the State End the Fed Balance the budget Make a profit Leave an inheritance

Marlene, Mom and I arrived home safely about 4:30p. yesterday! Our visit to Idaho was a good one. Our opinion is that Joy is recovering as well as can be expected. Even though the mending is in progress, it is going to take some time, but she is able to do a lot for herself, which give Onceabull some relief.

So many to thank:
    Firsrt, we thank everyone, what a GREAT group of folks! Now, for some specifics; Thank you Bruce, Karen and Kim for all you do from setting up the event to your wonderful HOSPITALITY! Karen and Kim make "bon-appetit" a reality!

NVcurmudgeon, Marlene (cookie cutter), especially thanks you for the new Ladies events and the CLASS Ladies "Golden Wheel Weight Awards"!

Besides those wonderful folks that we already know, it was great to meet newcomers: Our cousins, Geri and Chris, our grandson Chris, my friend Caleb Chinn, AZStew, Matt G., Matt Moulton, Quillbilly, BeeMan, Tom the "Safari Guy" and David Turnbull. There is always a danger when listing names of forgetting someone, so if I did please forgive me.

I will be posting some pictures, hopefully within a day or two. Buckshot , AZStew and MT Gianni those are great pictures you have posted. I will be sending you a PM to see if we can trade a pic or two.
    Last edited by cobbmtmac; 05-28-2010 at 04:36 PM.
    Have a TON of FUN, Mac ....................Born to ENABLE ................ "BEATING GRAVITY EVERYDAY"

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by MT Gianni View Post
    Slight correction, My son Matt, won the 400 yd rifle with my rifle a 98 Mauser with a 26" Shilen bbl, receiver sight and thumbhole stock. Load was a 311466 modified to a TC by Badgeredd over 57 gr of WC860.
    Congratulations to your son. I am really happy the mold worked out for you. Happy casting!!!!!

Edd
    Charter member Michigan liars club!

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in Government." -- Thomas Jefferson

"Consider the clown(s) just one of God's little nettles in the woods, don't let it detract from the beauty. Sooner or latter you are going to run into the nettles regardless of how careful you are."

Beware of man who types much, but says nothing.

Boolit Master

Smile Thanks to all - especially Bruce and family

This was my first time to the NCBS or similar event and this was the most enjoyable trip I have made in many, many years. I have never been made to feel so welcome by so many fine people I have never met before. The weather didn't matter including the 8" of snow I found on my truck when I broke camp 30 miles north of Winnemucca on Saturday to head to the shoot.
    A big standing 'O' to Bruce's family who prepared that fantastic buffet on Saturday evening. As always, Ormacheas is one of the best restaurants in Nevada.
    Thanks again to all and I can hardly wait for next year. I just hope the scope mount on my favorite cast boolit rifle will stay tied down so I can use it for the competitions.
    Quilbilly

Boolit Master in Heaven's Range
    OK. Here come the photos...

Thanks to cobbmtmac, MT Gianni, NVCurmudgeon and Obssd1958, I think I have all the names correct on the photos. If not, please let me know and I'll edit again. PLEASE include the photo number. and left to right order of the folks in the photos. Thanks!

The casters and varous curmudgeons congregate at Sid's Restaurant Friday evening.

1. Bruce B's New Revolver Cartridge.

2. The Casters Congregate at Sid's (Rools Committee Meeting)

L-R: MTGianni, his son Matt, Cindy (Mrs. Obssd1958), Obssd1958, NVCurmudgeon (back to us), Matt G., Bruce B (our host), Jaremy (NVCurmudgeon's son), Buckshot, 9.3x62 Al

3. The Casters Congregate at Sid's (Rools Committee Meeting) 2

L-R: Darren (cobmtmac's son), Anita, Geri, Marlene, cobmtmac, Chris, Tom the safari guy, Jack, Caleb Chinn

4. The Casters Congregate at Sid's (Rools Committee Meeting) 3

Going around the table Clockwise: 9.3x62 Al, NVCurmudgeon, Matt, MTGianni, Cindy, Obssd1958, Matt G., Bruce B, Jaremy and Buckshot

5. The Casters Congregate at Sid's (Rools Committee Meeting) 4

Basically the same folks as in the last shot, but that's me sitting to the left of NVCurmudgeon. I let Al shoot this one just to document that I was actually there.

6. Saturday Morning

Wind? What wind? (see flags)

7. Gittn' Down To Business

Background: Marlene, cobbmtmac.
    Foreground: Matt G. and Jaremy.

8. Why I hate Auto Focus Cameras: Look at the Springfield. Perfect focus. Look at the two shooters (NVCurmudgeon, NVWalt) behind the rifle who I wanted in focus.

9. Discussing the shot.

Jaremy, NVCurnudgeon, NVWalt

10. MTGainni and son, Matt.

Continued below...
    -
    -
    -
    Last edited by AZ-Stew; 06-01-2010 at 03:15 PM.
    Sig file change:
    "Obi Wan Baloney"
    VOTE 2012! Throw them out! Every last one of them! (Feel free to add this to your sig. Spread the word!)

"...Get a rope." Pace Picante Sauce commercial, ca. 1984

"I (did, on several occasions) swear to support and defend the Constitution of the United States, against ALL enemies, foreign AND domestic, and to bear true faith and allegiance to the same." And when I left, they never asked me to recant.

More photos...

11. MTGianni, CobMTMack (red hat), 7's & 8's (yellow hat), Buckshot

12. Foreground: 7's & 8's and Buckshot

13. Three of the ladies in attendance. Chris, Anita, Geri

14. Bruce B, the flags and Tom the safari guy.

15. Boom! Darren

16. A serious discussion.

Obssd1958, Gary and NVCurmudgeon

17. MTGianni, CobbMTMack, Chris, Jack.

18. Cookies! One of the ladies, Marlene (cobbmtmac's wife) baked some cookies for us. It was a welcome snack. Mac decorated the silver bullets.

19. Saturday evening at Bruce B's #1

name please, name please, Cindy, Obssd1958, NVWalt and Quillbilly

20. Saturday evening at Bruce B's #2

NVCurmudgeon with his back to us, Chris with the beard, and all the ladies, L-R: Marlene, Geri, Chris, Jane (Mrs. NVWalt), Anita, (Mrs. Jack) and Patty (Mrs. 7s&8s)

More below
    -
    -
    -
    Last edited by AZ-Stew; 06-01-2010 at 02:55 PM.
    Sig file change:
    "Obi Wan Baloney"
    VOTE 2012! Throw them out! Every last one of them! (Feel free to add this to your sig. Spread the word!)

"I (did, on several occasions) swear to support and defend the Constitution of the United States, against ALL enemies, foreign AND domestic, and to bear true faith and allegiance to the same." And when I left, they never asked me to recant.

Boolit Master on Heaven’s Range

BruceB & the "pistol Cartridge"

Any one fire that new "toy"of Bruce's ?? twice ???...Onceabull
    "The Eagle is no flycatcher"

More photos...

21. Saturday evening at Bruce B's #3

Bruce B and 7s&8s

22. Saturday evening at Bruce B's #4

Cobb MT Mack (?), Buckshot, NVBeeman and 9.3x62 Al

23. Saturday evening at Bruce B's #5

Matt G., MTGianni, CobbMTMack, Buckshot

24. Saturday evening at Bruce B's #6. Note that behind the "bubble" screen saver, Bruce's computer is connected to the Cast Boolits web site.

Buckshot, Jack, Caleb Chinn

25. The Young Guns.

Darren, Jaremy, Matt

26. Sunday Morning at the range. They tried to tell me they were getting sunburn last year... Yeah.

Chris and Quilbilly (and the snow)

27. 400 yard open sight match. Counting from the left, the 400 yard gong (our target) is the fourth black object, almost up against the berm at the end of the range.

Matt G. is the shooter

28. Some of the ladies braving the weather.

Chris, Geri, Anita, Marlene

29. Sunday evening at Ormachea's Restaurant 1.

Bruce B, daughter Kim, Obssd1958, Cindy, Darren, Bruce's wife Karen, Anita, Jack, NVWalt, Chris and I'll catch the rest on the next photo.

30. Sunday evening at Ormachea's Restaurant 2.

above Chris is Tom, Jane, Chris, Marjorie (Marlene's mother with back to us), Geri, Quilbilly, Marlene, MTGianni, cobbmtmac, Jaremy, NVCurmudgeon, Matt

Scroll down once more for the video of the first relay of the team pistol shoot.

-
    -
    -
    Last edited by AZ-Stew; 06-01-2010 at 03:19 PM.
    Sig file change:
    "Obi Wan Baloney"

Let's see if this works...

http://www.inficad.com/~gstewart/ncb...ol_relay_1.wmv

Please excuse the poor video quality. The original is very crisp, but the file size is 184 megabytes. I didn't think the guys on dial-up would care to bother with it, so there is considerable quality lost in the compressed video file. Even at this compressed and edited level, the file size is 4.5 megabytes. This will be easy for those on cable or DSL, but it may still be a chore for dial-up customers.

Regards,

Stew
    Last edited by AZ-Stew; 05-30-2010 at 08:44 PM.
    Sig file change:
    "Obi Wan Baloney"

Boolit Master

Pic #2. To BruceB's right (on the left in the pic) is me. To my right isn't NVWalt Stew. I'm ashamed to say I can't remember that gentleman's name.
    That's Jaremy between BruceB and Buckshot.

Pic #7: Me watching Jaremy shoot. (And I'm here to tell you, he CAN shoot!)

Pic#9: Jaremy, NVCurnudgeon, NVWalt.

Pic#23: I'm on the left.

Pic#25: Darren on the left, Jaremy in the middle.

Pic #27: That was me shooting at the gong. Seeing as the other Matt (MT Gianni's son) had already run 5 for 5 it only took one shot to put me out of the running. It was a real bad miss.

Wish I could help you out with more names Stew but I'm as bad as you are about remembering names...
    Last edited by Matt_G; 05-30-2010 at 08:59 PM. Reason: Added some names
    Matt

44 Special Articles

With regards to gun control in this country, everyone should be asking themselves one question:
    What is it that this government feels they need to do, but can't do, unless the citizens of this nation are first disarmed?
    (I seriously doubt you can come up with any plausible answers that you will like...)

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Thanks, Matt.

I got three PMs from cobbmtmac and will work on correcting things after supper.

For all others wishing to contribute name corrections and fill-ins, please do so via PM.

Thanks,

Stew
    Sig file change:
    "Obi Wan Baloney"

Cast Boolits Founder/B.O.B.

Wind in Nevada? LOL best flag pic so far,, I was there!
    Boolits= as God laid it into the soil,,grand old Galena,the Silver Stream graciously hand poured into molds for our consumption.

Bullets= Machine made utilizing Full Length Gas Checks as to provide projectiles for the masses.

http://www.cafepress.com/castboolits

castboolits@gmail.com

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by AZ-Stew View Post
    Let's see if this works...

http://www.inficad.com/~gstewart/ncb...ol_relay_1.wmv

Please excuse the poor video quality. The original is very crisp, but the file size is 184 megabytes. I didn't think the guys on dial-up would care to bother with it, so there is considerable quality lost in the compressed video file. Even at this compressed and edited level, the file size is 4.5 megabytes. This will be easy for those on cable or DSL, but it may still be a chore for dial-up customers.

Regards,

Stew
    .............Now if you'd video'd teams 3 & 4 instead of teams 1 & 2 it wouldn't have been as long, as we (team 3) cut our board in half in just under 3 minutes, vs the 7 minutes it took team 1, nyuck, nyuck!!

A video of the team rifle shoot would have been cool too, but that was during an interesting hailstorm, so protecting the camera was understandable

..............Buckshot
    Father Grand Caster watches over you my brother. Go now and pour yourself a hot one. May the Sacred Silver Stream be with you always

Proud former Shooters.Com Cast Bullet alumnus and plank owner.

"The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."

Shrink the State End the Fed Balance the budget Make a profit Leave an inheritance

My NCBS 2010 Pictures

Ladies & Gentlemen,

Finally, here they are, thanks to my Computer Guru, B-in-Law, Randy!

For "PatMarlin", These are mostly frontal pics, just kidding, but it is hard to get frontal views when they are firing!

Have a TON of FUN, Mac ....................Born to ENABLE ................ "BEATING GRAVITY EVERYDAY"

More NCBS 2010 Pictures

More NCBS 2010 Pictures

Banned

WOW! Great Pics.

Next year Mac, I'll volunteer to take the black hole angled shots ....

I see Al is sportin' a mustache, just in time for the snow.

Cousin Buckshot is one handsome devil. He can't help it, it runs in the family ...

Darn- wish I coulda made it.

Oh... and NV Bill looks a little taller...

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by onceabull View Post
    Any one fire that new "toy"of Bruce's ?? twice ???...Onceabull
    Uhhhh YEAH!!! 'Twas me who had the honor!
    Once with Bruce's "light" cast boolit load, and once with the full boat military loading -
    Waaaaaayyyyy COOOOOOOOLLLLLLL!!!!!

Thanks again Bruce - for EVERYTHING!!!!

Don

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
    - Henry S. Haskins in “Meditations in Wall Street”

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rapidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." ...Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Buckshot View Post
    .............Now if you'd video'd teams 3 & 4 instead of teams 1 & 2 it wouldn't have been as long, as we (team 3) cut our board in half in just under 3 minutes, vs the 7 minutes it took team 1, nyuck, nyuck!!

A video of the team rifle shoot would have been cool too, but that was during an interesting hailstorm, so protecting the camera was understandable

..............Buckshot
    I couldn't shoot the team rifle shoot. I was busy shooting the team rifle shoot. Our team won!

Regards,

Stew
    Sig file change:
    "Obi Wan Baloney"

Boolit Mold

Red face A Woman Speaks..........

Quote Originally Posted by Buckshot View Post

..............Buckshot
    Okay Guys....Great pics...This was my first time, and I believe I am hooked! Next year I will be more prepared and know what to expect! Geri (my sister) and I were very thankful that no one pointed and laughed at us....lol. Even though Geri did win an award!!!!!! I totally think more women need to shoot...isn't that right, Jane???? teehee.