RotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyLoad Data
Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingRepackboxWideners
Lee Precision Reloading Everything

Thread: Is Rapine out of business?

Question Is Rapine out of business?

I phoned CH4D to order a second mold and was told Rapine went out of business. Is this true? I like my Rapine and want a second, this sucks.

I had talked to Dave at Ch4D about a year ago, see, I thought they had taken over Rapine, but they were just distributors. Dave told me then that the owner of Rapine was getting up there in years, over 70, so perhaps he is gone, or perhaps everyone became a PITA to him. A lot of us were and the number was growing along with the fellows age. So, he's either still around and tired of all us PITAs, or gone. Shame, he had some unique designs.

Boolit Buddy
    yes, last month they closed up. i think George retired last year or the year before and his son ran it for awhile. they had great round ball moulds.

My first mold was a Rapine, his 265150. On all the illustrations I'd seen it was spire point, I wanted that to feed in my 6.5 Jap. When I received it, it was a flatpoint with a pretty big meplat. You can see where the spire point was taken off the cherry. I called and asked him about it, guess that's when I became a PITA, cause everyone else was wanting the dang flatnose. The mold cast well though it's a bit out of alignment now. He has a few designs I've not seen elsewhere, that'd be a collection of cherries to have!