Inline FabricationLoad DataSnyders JerkyTitan Reloading
Lee PrecisionWidenersRotoMetals2Repackbox
Reloading Everything MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: .36 squirrel rifles. anyone ?

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by buckweet View Post
    ummm ? where did you go2 skool ? st.louis is in illinois.
    Uh, um, well St. Louis is WEST of the "River" . . . now EAST St. Loius is in IL.

Time to go for a ride, or take out the old map . . .
    John 3: 16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Boolit Master
    Well this thread is making me homesick. My .32 Perdersoli is a days drive from this motel room. Its sitting next to my possibles bag with a bone handled patch knife laced to the strap. Possibles bag has a flask of fffg, a charged inline capper with a couple of cap tins for spare, a handful of .315" balls, and a baby food jar full of patches soaking in moose milk. I really need to get her out for a dance around the shooting range.

Only game its killed was a skunk in my Uncles pasture north of Clovis, NM. Shot the skunk through both front shoulders at about 40 yds, barely far enough. Shot it while cruising around in a 1952 Willys flat head Jeep. Oh that was the good old days for sure!
    "Time and money don't do you a bit of good until you spend them." - My Dad

Boolit Master

Was that Willys a Flat head, or F-head? I had a 1953 CJ3B and it was F head.
    Tough son of a gun.
    Last edited by docone31; 02-05-2010 at 11:29 PM.

i love them ol' jeeps, we used to have an 86 wrangler

Boolit Master
    1952 was the last year for flat heads in Jeeps. That was a great Jeep. Dad had a couple, but that one he and I partnered on it. Saved our pennies and bought it at a county auction. It had been bought by a county commissioner from gov't surplus and he got in trouble over it, the county wound up owning it. It had been a follow-me jeep on some air base I believe. It had the 24 volt electrical system, so when the county got it, they didn't run it b/c of the difficulty in jumping it off. We got it, converted it to 12 volts, alternator, totally re-wired the Jeep, installed a new gas tank, painted it gray with a couple of cases of Krylon 1611. It looked great. A real head turner.

Had lots of fun Jeeping around Clovis in my High School days. Cruised lots of country roads, ran all over my Uncles farm/ranch, every hill available around Ute Lake, and a couple of deer hunts in Southern NM around Weed, and down to about 40 miles south of Hope. I've had that Jeep in some places my Dad and the Game Warden would not want to know the details of.

My Sisters kids learned to drive sitting in my or my Dad's lap, twisting the steering wheel before they're feet reached the pedals.

After I grew up, moved off, times were tight and the Jeep wasn't getting used much, one of Dad's cousin-in-laws bought it, and now it resides happily on a farm north of Melrose, NM. That's probably where it will live out its years, and I expect it has a decade or two ahead of it yet.

I miss it. But really I guess I miss the good times, fun and family that were associated with it the most.
    "Time and money don't do you a bit of good until you spend them." - My Dad

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234