Inline FabricationRepackboxLee PrecisionTitan Reloading
Snyders JerkyReloading EverythingWidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply
RotoMetals2 Load Data
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Explain your avatar and name.

Boolit Master
    Gnoahhh= the G is for my first name, Gary, and the noahhh is my Hash nickname (from when I was a Hasher- google "Hashing" or "Hash House Harriers." I'm a wooden boat builder, and I'm an "old " guy, with the HHH of Hash House Harriers tacked on.)

Gotta get around to picking an avatar one of these days.

In Remebrance

Bret is my first name. I was named after James Garners character on "Maverick". I thinl my Mom hoped I grow up to look like a young James Garner. Instead she got Homer Simpson with a dash of Wilford Brimley thrown in, or vice versa.

My avatar is the Bennington Flag. I wanted to use the Bi-Centennial flag but couldn't find a pic. The 1976 Bi-Centennial was a really big event to me.

4207 was my shield (badge) number. My original name here was Tpr. (Trooper) Bret and my original avatar was an NYSP shield but the whole cop thing ruffled too many feathers.

My first name is Dan and I am a full blooded Polak and my last name ends in "ski." My avatar is of the Green Bay Packers as I am a big fan and live near Green Bay.
    Semper Fi

Boolit Master

My screen name is obviously my name and location. The avitar comes from the fact that my ancestors on my father's side have been traced back to 1500's France. The more recent relations great-grandparents on my mother and father's side came from Canada. So being of french descent and the fact that frenchmen are referred to as frogs, hence the avitar. The picture was e-mailed to me by my son. It shows a contented frog chillin' out on a lily pad, laying back with his hands er front flippers resting on his belly...Ray
    Proud member in the basket of deplorables.

I've got the itch, but don't got the scratch.

Years ago I was at the Criminal Justice Academy in Columbia for a class, don't remember which one. A classmate and I had been out on the town and came back late. The door to the dorm was locked and we had to knock on a window to get someone to let us in. When the guy came to the door he asked for a password and the guy I was with said "Mumblypeg". I actually thought he said mumbly pig and about fell out laughing. When I asked where he came up with mumbly pig he told me it was mumblypeg and it has stuck in my mind ever since. I don't know much about the game but I never forgot that night. So it's just something that I use. My avatar is my blue healer "Belle". She doesn't mind wearing ear muffs and I thought it looked cool. I also have a picture of her at the shooting bench behind a Highwall in 38-55, looks like she's shooting. My signature is Albert Einstein... very true.
    Experience is the source of all knowledge.

First name and first letter of my last name. I am a member of the Cherokee Nation of Oklahoma, thus the seal of the Cherokee Nation. My Dad's mother was full blood, my granddad was half Cherokee half Irish. Bill

Boolit Master at Heavens Range Bob Krack's Avatar
    Ohio for a while Kalifornia then who knows where - Missouri?
    I started with screen name "VillageIdjit" hoping to show some humility (after years of using the screen name of "Sorcerer's Apprentice" for the same reason).

After watching a little rebel rousing and being involved in some "community service" here decided to use my real name. Charles Robert Krack - going by Bob as known by my family.

Dad was Charles Francis Krack and he was adamnant about not having a "JR" so I ended up with a different middle name. Dad's Uncle Charlie, and Dad's oldest brother , Uncle Robert, a WWII fatality, might have had some bearing also.

A feller here sent me a cash payment of $10 and enclosed in a card, I assume to disguise its contents, depicting the bald eagle which I really liked. I scanned it, cropped it and uploaded it as my avatar. Durned proud of it, too!

And yes, this village is my home now.

Bob
    I was always taught to respect my elders, but it's getting harder and harder to find any!

Μολὼν λαβέ; approximate Classical Greek pronunciation [molɔ̀ːn labé], Modern Greek [moˈlon laˈve]), meaning "Come and take them" is a classical expression of defiance reportedly by King Leonidas in response to the Persian army's demand that the Spartans surrender their weapons at the Battle of Thermopylae.

Boolit Master

In the Heart of N Alabama smack dab along Tornado Alley.
    Well I'm called Rick which is a nickname for my real name, Richard. Then since I live in Alabama (Roll Tide!) I go by Rick N Bama.

My avatar is shows 2 of my 4 Grandsons. BTW, I have 6 Grandchildren with another Granddaughter due toward the end of the month.

Rick
    Democracy is two wolves and a
    lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting
    the vote. - Benjamin Franklin

Boolit Master

I live in Alamo, TN, which is the county seat of Crockett county. No, David Crockett(he didn't like to be called Davy) was not born here or ever lived here. When the county was formed from 4 other counties back in the 1800's, they liked the name and renamed the county seat.

The avatar is the result of looking for a picture that was appropriate. When I found it, it said that permission was required to use it. I emailed the referenced address but got no answer, so it may disappear someday if they threaten to sue me.

John
    W.TN

trk are my initials, avatar at the moment is me.

Chief of Smoke - a term used in the Artillary for the senior enlisted sargent of the firing battery. This is the guy that commands "FIRE!"
    Pulaski Coehorn works - I make cannons and mortars. Comoderate the Blackpowder Mortar and Cannon forum on graybeard outdoors.
    Winery - home brew. Wears the label: Chateau Barracks.
    and grid coordinates of where I live.
    trk
    aka Cat Whisperer
    Chief of Smoke, Pulaski Coehorn Works and Skunk Works
    N 37.05224 W 80.78133 (front door +/- 15 feet)

Boolit Master

I adopted my handle back in the 90's. I started on the internet with a WebTv unit and cruised political discussion groups. I discovered that when arguing with sissies, liberals or professional welfare recipients and confronting them with facts they would usually respond with "what ever", "racist" or "you're a red neck". I'd always thank them when called a red neck. I adopted AzRednek to PO the libs. I discovered somebody else had already chosen the correct spelling in a local group sponsered by a talk radio station I participated in so I dropped the C and have been using it since.

I died, the medics brought me back

One of my buds said "Fred is dead'

Which lead to dead Fred as my nick.

So now that im killing my self slowly smelting lead.

Lead Fred

<---random avatars
    I have sworn on the altar of GOD eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.
    Thomas Jefferson

" Any law that is NOT constitutional is not a law" James Madison

Longrange, Retired Navy Sniper.

It is a SIG, nuf said on that point I hope

Banned

We seriously have talent from all walks of life here.

My first rifle, purchased by my own hard work at 10 years old, my first love, in my avatar.

Boolit Master

My handle comes from flying RC scale models. I had a Fokker EII "Eindekker" (early WWI German monoplane for those who aren't airplane buffs) which I pranged in so frequently that it became known around our flying field as "Baron von Kraschenbirn".

So far as my avatar, I'm a confessed "parrothead"...Jimmy Buffet fan...so the "It's five o'clock somewhere" bird pretty much explains itself.

Bill
    "I'm not often right but I've never been wrong."

Jimmy Buffett
    "Scarlet Begonias"

My avatar is just a picture I found several years ago and have always liked it.

And I am a logger in Indiana the Hoosier state.
    If grasshoppers carried .45's the birds wouldnt mess with them.

I'm the typical jack of all trades, master of none. When the kids ( all 4 are boys) would break something ( and they were always doing that!) mom would scold them and one day out came " ah oh...daddy fix it ". After 30 years they still use the phrase

Boolit Grand Master

The avatar is because I like to shoot USPSA revolver. The screen name is because I didn't think about it very long on the first gun board I signed up to, and I've kept it the same everywhere I go (except for ARFCOM).

Boolit Grand Master

I like the S&W Mountain Gun .44 Mag. The warthog was shot with my orginal Mountain
    Gun, rebarreled with a 6.5" powerport bbl. to use in South Africa. Was planning to put
    the original barrle back on, but the new one shot too well to remove. So I bought a
    replacement. Thinking about putting a different avatar, maybe me and the wife and my
    kudu.

Bill
    If it was easy, anybody could do it.

Boolit Master
    login ID = boring... first six letters of my last name, last letter = first letter of my first name.. I've been using this login ID on several boards for several years.. it's even my geocaching name.. Just not creative I think..

Avatar = A day at an OHV area.. we found a 2 ft deep mudhole.. and my wheeling buddy caught this nice muddy picture