Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
Reloading EverythingSnyders JerkyRepackboxWideners
Load Data MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Explain your avatar and name.

Mine is self explanatory if you know of or watch South Park. When I signed up here, was watching an episode and need a avatar and user. So why not.

My name is Cole and I love .45's (.45 Colt and .45 Automatic Colt Pistol) and 45-75's.
    My mom had a Kermit doll she loved and I thought that a gunslingin'-gangsta-kermit was very appropriate

Boolit Buddy

Name comes from the comic strip and the song, avatar my 73 super with a dusting of rare Alabama snow.
    Noli Me Tangere

Boolit Master

My avatar

I spent 15 years at our former residence trying to kill off the gopher population.Hence the name Gopher Slayer. I didn't make a dent in their numbers. We lived on two and a half acres which were surrounded by other fields so my efforts were to say the least futile. As for the avatar I have always been a lover of the Colt SA and have owned several. This is the only one left. The badge is an old deputy U.S. Marshal's badge. As an avatar I wanted to use one of me standing by a distant relative's grave at Tombstone's boothill but it would have been much too small to read.
    A GUN THAT'S COCKED AND UNLOADED AIN'T GOOD FOR NUTHIN'........... ROOSTER COGBURN

On Heaven's Range

The name hawkeye comes from graduating from the univ of Iowa, and was my call sign when I was in the air in VN. On the ground they yelled DOC as loud as they could.

My avatar is my best buddy Duke. Nuff said

Mr. Ed
    The only good cast boolit is the one that hits the target

Well, mine name was given, as all proper nicknames should be, by my peers back in my old law enforcement days. This was during the period where the Dirty Harry movies were coming out (Magnum Force was current at the time IIRC). I had just joined the department and was still gathering my equipment. Back in those days, we had to supply our own guns, leather and even had to buy our own badges and nameplates. When an *** would start with the department, they would assign him to all the departments for a week or two each to kinda get a feel for how everything worked.

My 2nd assignment was with the plainclothes detectives. We were going on some stakeouts of local fertilizer dealers as there had been a rash of thefts recently. I was told that I needed to carry a concealed weapon and dress in a dark suit and tie (we were more "traditional" then). My problem was that at that time, I didn't really have any concealed holsters for anything. Plenty of guns, but short of sticking something down my pants, I had no way to carry. I DID have a Bianchi X15 shoulder holster that fit my S&W Model 29, that I bought to use externally when hunting or whatever. So, obviously, as soon as a reported the the detectives, the hilarity ensued. After that, it became "Hey, Harry, come here and look at this." or "Callahan, take this prisoner to court." The Dirty Harry jokes continued for the rest of my career. When the Internet came along, I was looking for a pseudonym to use. "Dirty Harry" seemed a little childish, and they never really called me "Dirty Harry" anyway. Hence H.Callahan was born.

My kids named me that.......... they were still in elementary school.
    [smilie=

( I'm known as just "reloaderman" on other forums )

I'm a Chevy Nova fan, and remember only seeing Chevelle's & Camaro's souped up. So choose the name Novalty as a homonym for Nova and Novelty for it being unusual.

My avatar is my second love of S&W firearms.

Boolit Master & Generous Contributor

Just an old country boy from Louisiana here. The Louisiana explains the Down South handle. I had other avatars but finally decided to put my ugly mug up. I may change it again someday.
    If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.
    Samuel Adams

Sam

Banned

I was born and raised in IN just over the IN, IL border. Spent alot of time in Soldiers Field and Wrigley so I'm a fan for life. Moved to NC in 84' and stayed so I'm now a damn yankee. Been here longer than I was in IN and all my kids were born here. Sorry no impressive bear hunting stories here. The avatar is my Dad's WWII medals. He is/was my hero. Not only because of his service to our country, but also showed me how to be a good man.

As a side note; He was an Army Ranger forward observer, on the 3rd tank to go into Bastogne in the Battle of the Bulge, 2 battlefield commissions from Patton himself 2nd and 1st Lt., Purple heart w/2 clusters, bronze star, marksman. My youngest got his shooting eye.

My handle is a model of CNC machinery manufactured by an American company that no longer exists. My avatar is a picture of my buddy, whose main purpose in life is taking up space in my house.

I was born in Keo Arkansas in 1948,so Old Arkie, I think some saw it as Ol Darkie so I put my picture as my avatar.
    OldArkie

Boolit Master
    The name is my own. The avatar is my Grandson and myself in Death Valley (Tiger Stadium) on Saturday night. He appears shorter than I am but is actually 6 ft. I am somewhat "vertically challenged".
    Old retired guy in Baton Rouge La.

Quote Originally Posted by ncbearman View Post
    I was born and raised in IN just over the IN, IL border. Spent alot of time in Soldiers Field and Wrigley so I'm a fan for life. Moved to NC in 84' and stayed so I'm now a damn yankee. Been here longer than I was in IN and all my kids were born here. Sorry no impressive bear hunting stories here. The avatar is my Dad's WWII medals. He is/was my hero. Not only because of his service to our country, but also showed me how to be a good man.

As a side note; He was an Army Ranger forward observer, on the 3rd tank to go into Bastogne in the Battle of the Bulge, 2 battlefield commissions from Patton himself 2nd and 1st Lt., Purple heart w/2 clusters, bronze star, marksman. My youngest got his shooting eye.
    A friend of mine spent the winter in Bastogne, 101st.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by LAH View Post
    A friend of mine spent the winter in Bastogne, 101st.
    Well.............I wish my Dad was still around to not only ask him about that, but many other things I have thought of since he passed. My hat is off to your friend as I know that he too was a hero. Here is a better pic of his hardware.

Attachment 77164

My hat is off to your father. Surely he put his time in. Here is picture of Lee Tucker who was there that winter in Bastogne.

His plate

Boolit Bub

Mine started with a double meaning. I was in my 40's when I first used it plus I enjoy calibers that start with a 4.

My current avatar is "off-the-rack" as it were. I found it here. one day I will change it.

Moderator Emeritus

My name came from online gaming playing Ultima Online back when there were only a few servers and the name stuck - I am an old kid. Name came from my favorite author, David Eddings and the book was the Belgariad. My gaming friends just called me Wolf.

The avatar is Grumpy, my favorite Disney character. I first took my son trapshooting when he was 16. We started shooting ATA events and at every shoot I would wear a different Grumpy shirt. Even won a club event that they automatically asked to put Ron ( first name) "Grumpy" on jacket I won. My son also took high Junior in handicap with a 94 at the NJ State event a few years ago. Now he is in college and we only shoot together occasionally, but I keep trying to get him out more. Working on getting my wife and daughter to shoot also.

Randy C is me and Abbie girl my hunting partner my wife is Brenda Lee

Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920 LastLast