Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingRepackbox
Snyders JerkyReloading EverythingLoad DataMidSouth Shooters Supply
Wideners Inline Fabrication
Page 1 of 20 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Explain your avatar and name.

In Remembrance

Explain your avatar and name.

I was thinking about this during the "Cast Boolits, USA--or our own town?" discussion (http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...t=Cast+Boolits) and realized not only do we have a lot of talent here at Cast Boolits, we also have a lot of characters--unique individuals, most of whom dance to their own drum.

You see all kinds of unique and interesting avatars and names to go with them. It's a Saturday morning, I'm waiting on the Dayquil to kick in and so I'm probably out of my head a little bit wondering about all this.

What the heck, might be fun.

Mine is pretty self explanatory. The older I get, the more reclusive from other folks and general society I become. My circle of true and close friends gets closer and tighter--likewise my disgust for the entitlement mentality segment of society grows larger.

Avatar? Self-explanatory as well. Guns do NOT cause crime any more than matches cause arson. In fact, when I argue with nimrods who believe in gun control, I tell them that based on my experience in law enforcement, guns CONTROL crime when used correctly and that if there were less gun control, there would be less crime.

So my avatar is just my way of preaching to the choir, I reckon. If I was on a lot of other forums where I posted/contributed, then I guess it would make more of a statement.

My name is James, my wife is Jammie. I kinda like her.

My avatar pic is myself on the left and my Grandpa on the right. The deer in the pic (well, the heads of the deer) are the ones we harvested in 2000 about a week apart. Growing up, my Grandpa was my mentor. I grew up 20 feet away from him and was at his side all the time. He and my Father got me into shooting and reloading EARLY. I remember seating primers with a Lee hand tool around the age of 7 or so. It was probably earlier than that.

I am continuing the tradition with my boy. He is 4 and likes to help pull the handle of my turret press. He isn't allowed anywhere near the room when I'm not there, and we are starting gun safety with nerf guns and a BB gun this summer.

I'll join in.

A J20 is a jeep truck, as some here might know, and I own one for some odd reason.

My avatar is a Missouri Battle Flag that was used during the US Civil War. I like the flag and history, so I use it everywhere. I also have a full-sized flag that drapes over my gun cabinet.

In Remembrance

At the time I became a member I had been lurking for a few months and was of the opinion that if the govt. wanted to find out who posted what they could. So I just used my name since I have nothing to hide. Recently my wife googled my name and I was surprised to find that statements I'd made on Cast Boolits came up. I now wish I had used something else and would recommend that all new members do so. No sense in making it easy for the enemy, but I'm sure a determined one could get the info anyway. BTW, I recently signed up on facebook and there are six of us Dale Clawsons there, but I'm the best looking one.
    I forgot to explain my avatar, which is mostly self explanatory. If you can see better than I there is a small star near the eastern edge of the panhandle that almost marks my place of residence, but is actually a tad too far south. I'm 5 miles from Oklahoma.
    Last edited by DLCTEX; 01-09-2010 at 11:28 PM. Reason: Explain avatar

Boolit Grand Master
    Mine's pretty much self explanatory.

Bullshop Junior = My dads user name is Bullshop, because that is the name of out shop. I am Jr. so I used Bullshop Junior.

Avatar. I just change it when Ever I find something better. right now it is the Prairie dog with the gun, because I was looking for some info about a ammo belt I found on google, and ran across it.

Name comes from 35 plus years of casting and reloading. Picture comes as a result of 31 years in the Air National Guard flying jets. My favorite was the f-4 Phantom. 14 years , and 3500 plus hours. Hope to retire in 3-4 more months. Bob

Boolit Master
    What can I say? I'm a WINO!!! You know that SMILIE with the coffee cup at the computer? Well that's me but substitute the coffee cup with a wine glass.

Winelover

Boolit Master

no, not a taxidermist. i repair musical instruments for one of the largest musical instrument chains in wi. i also am in sales there.

Boolit Master

Mine is my name....Sort of. My first name is Evan That's where the E comes in and I am Irish so the MC is the other part. And the 45 is self explanatory.
    You can miss fast & you can miss a lot, but only hits count.

Banned

Nickname given to me by an old coworker and good friend. We're mechanics, you see, and I like to get my face close to my work.

My avatar is one of our pet hooded rats, this one's name is Fudgie and he was just a few weeks old in the photo. Thinking of updating it soon with a pic of Fudgie on a pile of boolits.

Gear

Boolit Master
    Dennis Eugene, That's me my avatar is me, one of my favorite Mt's and a Sitka blacktail buck, The pic was taken with the camera timer as I spend most of my hunting time alone. Dennis

Boolit Grand Master

Mine is my name, more common than any alias I could think of. My avitar is our cat, Indiana Jones, who died last year @18 years old. He was our squirrel killer, he was mostly blind, deaf, and slow, but about 8mo before he died he proudly walked in with a squirrel in his mouth. Must have been a suicidal squirrel, but it made his day. He curled up in our bathroom sink and this picture was the result.

My statement refers to the "right" of medical care. There is no such thing.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

In Remembrance
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    31 years in the Air National Guard flying jets. My favorite was the f-4 Phantom. 14 years , and 3500 plus hours. Hope to retire in 3-4 more months. Bob
    Bob, from my time in the Air Force and later years as a civilian pilot, I have to say you are the first pilot I've known or heard of to actually claim that the F4 was/is your favorite airplane.

But then again, I ran into a few Thud drivers that never wanted to fly anything else. Makes me think something was amiss with their O2 system while in the flight levels.

Thanks for your service in the Guard.

Boolit Grand Master

Where our governors, congressmen AND THEIR WIVES make our license plates
    I had a hard time trying to find a good handle. Then I remembered the name my uncle used for many years representing the state of Nevada at Outdoor and Travel shows.

Yes he was also a real prospector.

My avitar is a photo of the original B W B and his faithful companion Girty.
    Last edited by Bad Water Bill; 07-22-2013 at 08:27 AM.

Boolit Buddy

My name is Mike and Westwind is the type of jet I flew for the past 8 years(till I got laid off).
    My avitar is just a 3 view of the Westwind.
    Will Fly For Boolits

Boolit Master
    Mike at least you did not pick the other name for the Jet Commander when it went to Isreal.

Banned
    When I joined the forum I was putting about 7-8 hundred rounds through my new pistol a week and it was what I was obsessing about at the time. I could not find a good way to express O.C.D and A.D.D in the same handle so I went with the one I have.

My current avatar was a pic I stumbled across and got enamoured by the pretty color and lines basically.

My signature .......... I love to turn animate objects into inanimate ones..they taste good. For inanimate objects I like to hit them from a distance that is way out of proportion to "normal" for caliber.

Boolit Master in Heavens Range

First the easy Part, The avitar is Katie OneShot and my own ugly mug at the GeeChee Gunfighters Christmas Shoot in 2007. As for the username, Muddy Creek is the location of the old Huggins family homestead in between Hemingway and Johnsonville, SC. This is the location of the first house I ever lived in, it was built by my GGGgrandfather George Samuel Briley Huggins. Sam is from my initials and what my Dad called me when he was real pissed.

Sam
    Muddy Creek Sam
    |__
    ( o )\_
    USN 100% Disabled
    Dark Lord of The Soot
    SBSS# 2137
    LASSOOS#1957s
    SASS VET #131
    http://www.muddycreeksam.com

My Feedback!
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=66946

Talking

In french army we use to abbreviate our names by writting only three letters of it : the first, the centered and the last one. That is for the "SCI". The "BUL" part is for the english (or american) term "v-bul".

Page 1 of 20 1234567891011 ... LastLast