Snyders JerkyLee PrecisionRepackboxWideners
Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingRotoMetals2
Inline Fabrication Titan Reloading
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: No primer shortage at all

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazman1602 View Post
    Mike I'm just curious, why is it you always have something smart aleck to say to people who have a different point of view than yourself?

No disrespect, no harm intended, you just come across as really grumpy sometimes.

And what WILL you sell those primers for as long as there's a shortage?

Many Thanks,

Art
    <flame on>

in this case,maybe because i make my living in this industry. i sell brass for a living, but i am also a stag arms dealer(non -ffl), sell powder on special order, and primers when i can get them.
    i'm tired of people calling everyone selling primers sclapers, scum and stuff like that.
    paying stupid prices in an auction, and then complaining about it...is just plain silly.
    my cost on primers went up significantly.....the price listed above is my aprox cost delivered....
    and why is my opinion "smart aleck" remark ?

i sell primers for aprox 32-35/k. they are all for sale...i have not bought any primers for personal use in over a year....and i still have plenty on the shelf..
    only accurate rifles are interesting

Boolit Master

There out there . . .

Since I was going into town (Tucson 80+mi away!) I decided to look for some more SP primers . . . 2nd Amendment had Rem for $4.99 a sleeve (100) but when I asked him how about 1000 or 2000, he said that they only sold them by the 100, and they only had 1400, but he would sell me 1000 for 49.90 + tax! (but he really did not want to sell me that many)

I then started calling around, and found Thunderstick had Magnatech, Wolf, Fed . . . but only sold them 1000 per customer! The Fed SP were $33.95 + Tax ($2.75) . . . So . . . I sent my wife in, while I walked the dog . . . then we switched, and she walked the dog, and I went in and got my 1000, but I saw they also had CCI which I liked better, so I got those, same price as the Fed's . . . They have quite a bunch of powder to choose from too . . . I was there 3 weeks ago and bought a bunch of powder, and some Win LP primers $33.95 per 1000.
    John 3: 16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Banned

the 33 range is gonna be the new price get used to it, and about 40 for the match.
    if you don't like the prices go elsewhere.
    i drive 3 hrs to get things because i don't like the prices,or availability around me.
    save up and go buy in bulk.

Boolit Master

Fair enough Mike, I do understand your position and meant no offense to you with this thread at all.

The "smart aleck" thing is just the way I take you sometimes I guess -- I'm not sensitive or any of that krap it's just the way the posts come across to me. If I offended you I do apologize and no I don't kiss butt nor am I PC, I just try to be a nice guy after almost dying awhile back is all.

You DO have a point about price though, as long as people are willing to pay the price that's the way it goes.

Respects,

Art

Quote Originally Posted by mike in co View Post
    in this case,maybe because i make my living in this industry. i sell brass for a living, but i am also a stag arms dealer(non -ffl), sell powder on special order, and primers when i can get them.
    i'm tired of people calling everyone selling primers sclapers, scum and stuff like that.
    paying stupid prices in an auction, and then complaining about it...is just plain silly.
    my cost on primers went up significantly.....the price listed above is my aprox cost delivered....
    and why is my opinion "smart aleck" remark ?

i sell primers for aprox 32-35/k. they are all for sale...i have not bought any primers for personal use in over a year....and i still have plenty on the shelf..
    ”Only accurate rifles are interesting”
    ——Townsend Whelen

In a time of universal deceit , telling the truth is a revolutionary act
    —- George Orwell

Boolit Master in Heaven's Range
    Quote Originally Posted by johnlaw484 View Post
    Powder is not easy to find either.
    Cabela's in Phoenix (OK, it's Glendale) had quite a bit of everything New Year's day when I was in. The only thing he said they had a hard time getting was small pistol. They were encouraging sales of 1K at a time. $33 and change/K, $4.99/hundred. CCI Benchrest were higher.

I bought a pound of H4895 for $23 and high change. They had most powders in stock. No shortage of J bullets, either.

Regards,

Stew
    Sig file change:
    "Obi Wan Baloney"
    VOTE 2012! Throw them out! Every last one of them! (Feel free to add this to your sig. Spread the word!)

"...Get a rope." Pace Picante Sauce commercial, ca. 1984

"I (did, on several occasions) swear to support and defend the Constitution of the United States, against ALL enemies, foreign AND domestic, and to bear true faith and allegiance to the same." And when I left, they never asked me to recant.

Small pistol is what I have a hard time getting.
    Cabella, Grafs, Gamamiel, Midway, Midsouth has none. Widners has PMC.
    Bob T

Boolit Grand Master

There are lots of primers listed on Backpage here in Phoenix. $30+ to $40+. Don't know if there is delivery available.

Boolit Master
    I think the scalpers are going to fall behind on their yacht payments soon. Even the Great Depression ended. I predict primers at under $100/5000 by summer. I have a crystal ball. ARs and parts have dropped very dramatically in a matter of months. Components will follow. Hang in there guys.

Banned

No real shortages here. Still a little iffy on what's instock at any given time, shelves are almost full but not every thing, all the time. What was the best place (Sportsman's Warehouse) is Mighty proud of their stuff! A number of the local gun-shops are better priced.
    Powder is ~ $26 /lbs, primers are available @ ~ $33 /k (Sportsman's warehouse is asking $40+ however) and I got 2K CCI LP for $57 at what is usually the most expensive place in town.
    No limit on purchases either.

Boolit Mold
    I have been buying Wolf primers from Wideners.com. About $29 a thousand, and they have most of the common sizes in stock most of the time. There is a $22.50 HAZMAT fee, so I usually buy at least 5 or 6 thousand. That makes it cheaper than most other places for me, and my last order got here three days after I ordered.
    Last edited by NavyEngineer; 01-09-2010 at 11:36 AM. Reason: Added Brand name Wolf

TNTreloading.com for primers!

Quote Originally Posted by bbq223 View Post
    TNTreloading.com for primers!
    Just went to there site and none available.
    Bob T

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by rwt101 View Post
    Bob T
    I went there (TNT) this morning, and everything is out of stock, as far as primers go . . .I bought a bunch of powder from them back in the summer, good deal, and quick shipping, would buy from them again.
    John 3: 16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by rwt101 View Post
    Bob T
    Ditto..............
    ”Only accurate rifles are interesting”
    ——Townsend Whelen

In a time of universal deceit , telling the truth is a revolutionary act
    —- George Orwell

During the summer I ordered some powder and primers from them. I did not get a response back confirming it. Then I tried calling and they were not taking calls. Tried email and told them to cancel, still nothing. But I was never charged.

So I was not too happy.
    Bob T

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12