MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionSnyders JerkyTitan Reloading
RotoMetals2WidenersRepackboxInline Fabrication
Load Data Reloading Everything
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I like old presses

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by David2011 View Post
    .30/30- Do you know what kind of powder measure that is in the center of the bench? I have one just like it but don't know anyting about it.

David
    It is a Belding and Mull powder measure. I'm sure 30-30 will chime in.

Boolit Buddy
    The B & M powder measure is one of the most accurate measure's made. One has to go to a exotic electronic system to beat it. Simple and it works, as far as charges go they are all the same one after another.

It seems no one mentioned the Texas turret press , seven stations and made from cast iron and steel.
    And I have the grand daddy of all the turret presses, the Hollywood Universal! One of the first presses able to load 50 BMG, 12 stations for dies, four stations for shell holders, and last four stations for primers.

Remember the old rounded primers you needed a primer post that had a rounded cup in the end other wise the pellet was crushed.

Big press stands 19 inches talland you pull the handle up, it's a toggle linkage, not compound.

Boolit Buddy
    As indicated in the other posts the powder measure is indeed a Belding & Mull.

Boolit Master at Heaven's Range 2010

tools

I have a Meepos luber also.that was a nice unit.the bonaza is the best single stage around.I have one also.the trulines are great little presses I have 5 and had one hole in the turret opened to 7/8 14 for carbide sizing die. in all.heerter was my second press,third really as my first was a modern bond "C' press.now I use lee turrets.
    WILDCATT

Here's a few (still serviceable) old war horses.

First pic....Front row...Herter's Super 3 (very common early 60's)...Rcbs 2A...Rcbs A...and another 2A Note: these 2A's are not A2's), the 2A's were the original cast steel models that were later followed by the A2 cast iron models around mid 50's.

Rear : an unknown 2 hole "H" press (possibly a Lieb)..and a Hollywood Sr.

Second photo is a very rare RCBS pre-A with an original Fred Huntington rear mounting bracket including reversed linkage whereas the ram lowers on the down stroke (1949 ?)

Have some Dietemeyer's, more RCBS's, CH's, and Pacific's but I need to dig them out someday.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC_0008.jpg   A Pic.jpg  

Very nice Ozark!

Please put me in your will!

Banned
    Ozark, do you have better pictures of the H press? Does it have any markings at all? The only Lieb H press I have seen had a single L cast into the frame.
    Ken

Boolit Man
    Central western Virginia where I 77 & I 81 come together

Rockchucker

Any of you know how far back the RCBS rockchucker goes ? Mine was bought in the late 50's or very early 60's.
    vita est breves

jerrold

Boolit Master
    Chargar & Ozark Howler:

If you ever see another RCBS A2 or 2A available please drop me a note ! I have been searching for a long time !

Jerry
    S&W .38/44 Outdoorsman Accumulator

Banned
    Jerrold, the rockchucker came out in 1967. There is a date stamp on the top of the frame, probably under the bushing flange. You need a 1-1/2" wrench to remove it.
    That same year the A2 was changed by enlarging the tupper frame "O", eliminating the bushing and changing to cast iron construction.
    The presses pictured are the rockchucker on the right and the working prototype based on the Jr2 frame, on the left.
    Ken
    Last edited by Pressman; 07-03-2010 at 11:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pressman View Post
    Ozark, do you have better pictures of the H press? Does it have any markings at all? The only Lieb H press I have seen had a single L cast into the frame.
    Ken
    Ken,

Here is some additional pics of the "H" press I believe to be a Lieb, also a pic of another Lieb press I recently sold on Ebay. The similarity in the linkage between the two (and the "L") made believe the "H" model is a Lieb also...maybe you can confirm ?

Thanks....Bob
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PIC L.jpg   P5.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by GLL View Post
    Chargar & Ozark Howler:

If you ever see another RCBS A2 or 2A available please drop me a note ! I have been searching for a long time !

Jerry
    Jerry,

I do run across some of the A series from time to time, unfortunately some sellers (on Ebay) are beginning to see an the interest in this model and are asking unreasonable prices...but once in a while a deal does comes along.

Boolit Buddy

One can find the shellholders to the older reloading presses for sale on ebay.

Boolit Buddy

press

I saw one of the Herters 3C presses this last weekend at the Boise show. $30.00 was a good price. My wife bought me one in about 1963 with a set of dies for $13.00. Used it for years. The toolman.

Boolit Man
    Central western Virginia where I 77 & I 81 come together
    Jerrold, the rockchucker came out in 1967. There is a date stamp on the top of the frame, probably under the bushing flange. You need a 1-1/2" wrench to remove it.
    That same year the A2 was changed by enlarging the tupper frame "O", eliminating the bushing and changing to cast iron construction.
    The presses pictured are the rockchucker on the right and the working prototype based on the Jr2 frame, on the left.
    Ken
    i sure thought i bought my Rockchucker earlier than "67. Been reloading since "62 and don't remember having any other press, but i have CRS. May take the bushing off to look. Once was told the date is on the top, but didn't specify that it was under the bushing so i thought maybe mine was an early one without date.
    vita est breves

jerrold

I bet there is a date under the bushing.
    I finally removed that bushing to see what the date was on mine this year. Turns out it was 1975 and I would have sworn that I had it longer than that as well.

Boolit Grand Master

Lordy Lordy, A Lyman Armoury, A Lyman Spar T, both Tru Lines, An All American, An Ideal #1 Sizer, a 45, and a 450, A Redding Jr, Pacific balance scales a herter's #5 wire balance scale, and a bench full of Ideal and 310 hand tools....

All I got is old stuff.

Banned
    Ozark Howler, your screen name through me. We talked about those presses when you sold the first Lieb on ebay. My name there is Herters.
    Ken

Banned
    Here is my Christmas present, a Multiplex press. Still need to find out more about this tool. It is from the very early 1950's. Lasted through 1953/4 for certain. Was made in Ohio and that is about it.
    Ken
    Last edited by Pressman; 07-03-2010 at 11:57 AM.

Here is my Christmas present, a Multiplex press. Still need to find out more about this tool. It is from the very early 1950's. Lasted through 1953/4 for certain. Was made in Ohio and that is about it.
    Ken
    Ken,

That's an excellent looking press, I heard of them from time to time, but yours is the first one I've seen.

Nice Xmas present...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast