MidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Reloading EverythingRepackbox
Load DataLee PrecisionSnyders JerkyTitan Reloading
Inline Fabrication Wideners
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Shot my chrony today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I put a double layer of clear plastic in front of the display on my old Chony F1. cut them from lenses used in welding helments, They will stop GCs & ML patches but I don't they'll help with a boolit.
    The 3 people a man must be able to trust completely are his gunsmith his doctor & his preacher ..,his gunsmith for his short term health ,his doctor for long term health ,and his preacher incase one of the others mess up.

Boolit Master
    I have had a chronograph for years and find it useful. Think it was said that it isn't when you will shoot it but that you will. Fortunately Ohler has all the electronics sitting on the bench when you shoot. Just connect two wires and away you go. Was at the local range using it and got off the bench to get a drink of water and found some fool getting ready to shoot. Put my hand on his shoulder and told him not to shoot. Few well chosen words and probably saved it from being shot. Didn't ask or nothing. Frank

I grazed my prochrono a few weeks ago. I should have known better bringing it to the range on a weekend. It wasn't lined up properly and was too low. I didn't want to wait for a cease fire. I felt like a complete idiot. I just grazed the side, it didn't even break the plastic, just left a black streak. Unfortunately, it was enough to scramble the display. It actually still went on, and still seemed to work fine except the screen had the black ink were you couldn't read the display well, if at all. On a side note, competition electronics was quick to fix it and charged me $50 shipped back to me. Let me say, when I took it out after I got it back, I was extra careful.

Boolit Master
    Same here . That is why I bought a Pact Model 1 with BIG sky screens.

Vendor Sponsor

Started singing "I Shot The Chrony" to the tune of "I Shot The Sheriff." Just grazed the top of the plastic sensor, it lived and didn't even need any superglue! got lucky!

Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

Boolit Buddy
    I put 357 slug through the back sensor housing on my first outing with Chrony surprisingly the sensor still survived, so I just put a bracket on top to hold the screen rods (sensor housing was also holding those rods) and it still works

Boolit Bub
    I also shot mine, but with a failed gas check smack in the center of the face. I heard it ring out and the only damage was an imprint of the check. Whew! No other damage, but I thought I lost it for sure.
    MONTANI SEMPER LIBERI

Boolit Bub
    After shooting a skyscreen or 2 over the years I decided to get one of the Lab Radar units so no more chance of me shooting the chrono unless I do something real stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by 1980Harley View Post
    I also shot mine, but with a failed gas check smack in the center of the face. I heard it ring out and the only damage was an imprint of the check. Whew! No other damage, but I thought I lost it for sure.
    Well, if you keep up your practice...maybe you'll getter next time! ... ...
    a m e r i c a n p r a v d a

Be a Patriot . . . expose their lies!

“In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.” G. Orwell

Been a few years since somebody bagged em a Chrony? Well, today I broke the dry spell, a doozy to. An F-1 master, and a beaut at that. It was no match for a .44 cal 250 Keith semi wadcutter doing about......1300??? Can't be sure on the velocity as the first two shots didn't register so I did what any sensible doofus would do and held a little lower. Third times a charm I guess. I mean, what would they expect? Putting a crosshair in their logo, then plastering it on the front of the dang thing?

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

Need to move your windage...that would be 8" left at 50 yds!
    "My main ambition in life is to be on the devil's most wanted list."
    Leonard Ravenhill

Quote Originally Posted by Dunkem View Post
    Been a few years since somebody bagged em a Chrony? Well, today I broke the dry spell, a doozy to. An F-1 master, and a beaut at that. It was no match for a .44 cal 250 Keith semi wadcutter doing about......1300??? Can't be sure on the velocity as the first two shots didn't register so I did what any sensible doofus would do and held a little lower. Third times a charm I guess. I mean, what would they expect? Putting a crosshair in their logo, then plastering it on the front of the dang thing?

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk
    Dang, that sucks....

Boolit Buddy
    A new member to the club ........... LOL. Sorry but a lot of us have done that. Mine was a 50 cal Black powder. took all the time to wrap it to protect it from the powder made little deflector for the arm because of the blast from FFF...... set it up and blew it to hell. Chrony guy was like "really" send me a replacement cheap. Sure it will happen again .........

Banned
    Been there, done that....

Boolit Master

I don't ever intend to go there or do that...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	167401062.uGPgPUwL.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	62.3 KB 
ID:	219599

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    Buy a MagnetoSpeed Sporter Chronograph. You'll never have to worry again about another bullet hole. Plus, it works indoors and with no lights on
    https://www.amazon.com/Magnetospeed-.../dp/B00VTZXF8Y
    Regards
    John

Boolit Master
    You could set a steel plate in front of the box. The reading comes from the bullet passing over it. Just couldn't see the read out.

Boolit Master
    A cousin who had a gun shop/pawnshop at Ash Flat, had a feller come in to buy a chronograph. The feller said he already had one, but he was checking the speed of his crossbow bolts, and put a bolt right through it, dead center.

I had shot my last year and it was still ok till I used it early this year and kill it.DOA , I went to see the gunsmith I bought it from and he call the one it is made by and sent it in to them and they replace it for half of what I paid for it. I have not use the new one yet.
    Life Member of NRA,NTA,DAV ,ITA. Also member of FTA,CBA

Boolit Master

5 years ago shot mine then again last year.

Bet it will happen again!! Way of life. Although one of the new radar units that sits behind may stop it.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast