WidenersLee PrecisionInline FabricationSnyders Jerky
Reloading EverythingLoad DataTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters Supply Repackbox

Thread: When's Dan Coming Back?

Boolit Grand Master

When's Dan Coming Back?

Has anyone heard when Mountain Molds will be back in production? I am in serious need of a 450 gr. mold for my Sharps. I am getting super accuracy with the 450 Lee bullet, but the bullet , even with a grease wad won't go more than 4-5 shots without fouling out. A bullet on the same design, with big deep grease grooves would be just the ticket.

Boolit Grand Master
    His website indicates an ETA back to moldmaking in August. There is a also a blog page that details the work he is involved in getting a VERY rural site up and running as home and work place.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance Four Fingers of Death's Avatar
    The hide of the man! letting himself be distracted from doing God's work making exquisite moulds! Lol!
    "I'll help you down the trail and proud to!" Rooster Cogburn.

"Slap some bacon on a biscuit and let's go! We're burnin' daylight! " - Will Anderson (John Wayne) "The Cowboys."

SASS Life Member No 82047

http://s89.photobucket.com/albums/k228/4fingermick/

Psycholigist to Sniper; 'What did you feel when you shot the felon Sargeant?'
    Sniper to Psycholigist; 'Recoil Ma'am.'

From my Irish Ancestors: "You've got to do your own growing, no matter how tall your grandfather was."

Boolit Master
    Try a lube wad.
    BIC/BS

Boolit Grand Master

I tried a felt lube was saturated with my bp lube and although it helps I still can't get a decent string of shots. The outfit I shot with goes 5 or 10 shots w/o cleaning and I need to be able to do 10. The 405's will do the 10 shots, but the groups are over 1" larger. Besides I have been good and deserve a new mold.

Boolit Master

KCSO,

I shoot that Lee 450 in my 75 Sharps and go 10-15 shots with no appreciable loss of accuracy. What lube and powder etc. are you using. My range notes show that when compressed .055, that 70gr of Goex Cartridge grade, a .030 walters veggie wad and that boolit lubed with Bullshop's #2 will shoot 2" at 100yds with 3 or 4 creating a ragged hole for two, five shot strings. I cannot get better than 2" from any boolit that I have tried in that gun. I suspect it is a limitation of my eyes more than the gun.
    NRA Life Member Since 1981

"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good"-- George Washington

II Corinthians 4:8-9. We are hard-pressed on every side, yet not crushed; we are perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted but not forsaken, struck down, but not destroyed."

Psalms 25:2 O my God, I trust in thee: let me not be ashamed, let not mine enemies triumph over me.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Boolit Grand Master

I am using Swiss 1 1/2 F, I will try some Elephant this weekend and see if that might make a difference.

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by KCSO
    Besides I have been good and deserve a new mold.
    Makes sense to me--and sometimes to Marie, too.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

Try some of the lube I use in my Italian Sharps. Don't even have to use a blow tube. It's a 40/65 and use 2f Swiss. 5 parts beeswax, 5 parts crisco, and 1 part canola oil. Works mighty good for me.

Boolit Grand Master

I don't think the lube is the problem as this is the same lube that goes 15 plus in my other rifles. I am trying to keep the velocity up and still not over compress the Swiss so I am skimping a little on the felt wads. I am sure that if I go to two wads and about 60 grains of powder the bullet will shoot, but i really want to stay in the 1250 range rather than the 1150. I still have to try some paper patch in the gun so who knows. I also have to tune my 330 gr. load for deer before this fall as I want to use the Sharps for at least one deer tag.

Found my load by bumbling more than anything. I just use a wad from milk carton and compress the 2f Swiss quite a bit. Seems to be quite forgiving. It do shoot real clean.