Lee PrecisionRepackboxWidenersSnyders Jerky
Load DataInline FabricationRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters Supply
Reloading Everything Titan Reloading
Page 1 of 17 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: 9.3 noe gb

Grouchy Old Curmudgeon

9.3 noe gb

Ok...here it goes. DJ, aka Blammer will soon post the design and dimensions. It will be in the 280 grain range. It will be available in plain base or gas checked and solid or hollow point nose types. NOE will be the maker with his usual pricing. Rob...aka No.1 and I will honcho the buy, you'll be sending the money to Rob. Once you see the design place your name on the list. Any questions feel free to PM me. We believe this boolit while not perfect is the best compromise for a lot of rifles. As stated before the 9.3x62 is the hardest to satify because of it short neck. The design allows for some latitude in seating depth. I think we can get the 15 needed but if not we'll run it as a small group buy. With Rob and I we only need 13 more.
    And a BIG thank you to Rob for handling the paper work and shipping, this is no small task guys. And a MONSTEROUS thanks to DJ. For those of you who don't know him Darrell is a really great guy who always accomodates the design whims of a number of us. He does very nice work and never asks for a single penny or a free mold. He and Rob have fianlly made this a reality.
    Gentlemen and Fellow members,

The 9.3 Group Buy is Now Open. The planning thread can be found here: http://www.gunloads.com/castboolits/...230#post768230

Dj (Blammer) will provide and post the drawings as required very soon. These molds will be produced by Night Owl Enterprises (NOE). Scott (shooter93) will handle all questions about design and I will handle the paperwork, funds, contact with Al, receipt from Al and final shipment to you.

We will keep this one open for 6 weeks. If we don't get the required 15 then we will have to chip in a few extra $$ each to make it a go. The prices found here: http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...30&postcount=1 are current. To save you time from looking I have cut/pasted the prices below. Be aware that there will be shipping charges on top of the price listed. USPS has a new flat rate box that is pretty small that should fit your mould fine. I will require you add insurance and delivery comfirmation to your mould because once it leaves my hands I have no control over it's destiny. I anticipate these additional charges should not exceed $10 per person unless you live outside the US. If you do, please contact me by PM to make arrangements.

As a clarifier, this will be a no profit deal for me to honcho it however If you feel you owe Dj, Steve or me something for our work please use the donate button located here: http://www.castboolits.gunloads.com/...page=donations follow the directions and reference this group buy as the reason for your donation. Any an all donations will be used to benefit our site.

This Group Buy is for a 9.3 mould that can be had in non-GC, HP or combination of GC / non-GC / HP.

Night Owl Enterprise does not accept credit card but they do accept paypal (+3%), money order or personal check. I will send a personal check to them since it is the most cost effective method of payment. I will call for money in about 2-3 weeks. I will accept your personal check or a postal money order but want to have them deposited so they can sit in my bank at least 10 days before I send MY check to NOE. I am not saying that anyone will stiff me but as we all know, stuff happens.....

The following was a direct cut/paste from their thread. Based on the below info your can get your mould configured any way you desire:

We offering the following:
    Single cavity mould $68.00 Ea.
    Double cavity mould $72.00 Ea.
    Three cavity mould $79.00 Ea.
    Four cavity mould $85.00 Ea.
    Five cavity mould $92.00 Ea.

Plus Shipping/Handling.
    Prices are subject to change at any time.
    Price above is based on ordering 15 or more moulds at a time.
    You can mix number of cavities in an order to make 15.
    We can cut gas checked and non gas checked cavities
    in the same mould if the bullet is designed for it.
    Use LEE Commercial 6-Cavity handles (not included).
    Lyman, RCBS type top punch furnished with each mould
    as well as a sample of Bull Plate sprue plate lube.

Hollow pointing one cavity and furnishing a double
    ended pin would be $35.00 Extra.
    If you want to fashion different HP profiles, an extra blank pin would be $1.50.

We will accept Checks, Money Orders and Pay-Pal
    Pay-Pal requires a 3% sir-charge.

We will honcho group buys if requested.
    Or refer you to one of the honchos we work with.

Moulds are machined from 2024 Aluminum
    Used for high strength structural and aircraft applications.
    Tensile strength range 30,000 to 63,000 psi
    Sprue plate (blued), alignment pins, and hardware will be
    carbon steel.

I will post a running list of confirmed orders with username and options and a list of zip codes that payments have been received from in the next post.

Thanks for your participation in the GB,

Robert
    Last edited by No_1; 01-05-2010 at 10:03 PM. Reason: Proper format for GB's.

Cast Boolits Owner

List of participants.

no_1 - 5 CAV - 3 GC - 2 PB
    Shooter93 - 3 CAV - GC W/ BLAMMER DEAL
    Hornsurgeon - 4 CAV - GC W/ BLAMMER DEAL
    Jdbrowning - 4 CAV - GC - 1 HP
    Mr Humble - 2 CAV GC W/ BLAMMER DEAL
    JKingRPH - 2 CAV GC W/ BLAMMER DEAL
    Tjohn - 4 CAV GC W/ BLAMMER DEAL
    7.62 - 4 CAV GC W/ BLAMMER DEAL
    GLDPRIMR - 2 CAV GC W/ BLAMMER DEAL
    DAVE3872 - 2 CAV GC W/ BLAMMER DEAL
    AKRIET - 5 CAV , 4 GC W/1HP, 1PB W/ BLAMMER DEAL
    Chapuis - 2 CAV GC W/ BLAMMER DEAL
    15Bobcat - 2 CAV GC 1 HP W/ BLAMMER DEAL
    NUJUDGE - 4 CAV GC & 1 CAV GC W/HP, 1 EXTRA PIN AND BLAMMER DEAL (2 MOULDS)
    SOJERGUY - 2 CAV GC W/ BLAMMER DEAL
    PETERTHEVET - 5 CAV w/3GC, 2PB, W/Blammer deal
    VERNEY - 4 CAV GC W/BLAMMER DEAL
    DAVE BULLA - 3 CAV GC W/BLAMMER DEAL
    BILL439 - 2 CAV 1PB, 1GC W/BLAMMER DEAL
    DAVE BULLA - 3 CAV, 1GC, 1PB, 1PB W/HP, 3 EXTRA PINS W/BLAMMER DEAL
    Johnny Cyclone - 2CAV 1PB / 1GC and the Blammer deal
    63 Shiloh - 4 cav 3 GC, 1 PB w/ Blammer deal
    frykasj - 2 cav, gas checked, one HP with the Blammer deal.
    Last edited by No_1; 07-24-2010 at 02:05 PM. Reason: add names
    "The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion."
    - Albert Camus -

Banned

Ok here are some pics.

for those that want a plain base, the gas check shank will be made to full diameter. This will provide a longer than usual rear drive band of .230.
    Last edited by Blammer; 03-26-2011 at 09:05 PM.

Cast Boolits Owner

Thanks Dj!

Robert
    "The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion."
    - Albert Camus -

Boolit Mold
    Mark me down for a four cavity gas check with one hollow point.

Boolit Master

i'm in, not sure what combo though. perhaps 2 gc and 2 pb.

Cast Boolits Owner

*** news flash ***

Gentlemen,

The GC boolit design being offered will be cut to use standard .375 gas checks. As you may already know, Dj is our resident Gatorcheck Gas Check rep and he is going to begin carrying this size as a standard size in his stock but in the mean time he is offering exclusively to the members of the 9.3 GB the chance to purchase 200 gaschecks for $6.00. He will bag them up, send them to me and I will put them in your package so you will have the compete set up when it arrives. If you wish to get some gaschecks added to your purchase, please notate it in your post for your mould desire and remember to add $6.00 to your total cost.

Robert
    Last edited by No_1; 01-06-2010 at 10:33 PM.
    - Albert Camus -

Boolit Master

ok, ill go with a 4c-gc.

Boolit Master

btt - after all this time lets not let this one die!

Banned
    I will take a double cavity gas check and gas checks as well and pay with paypal.

Should be fun in this! Yes Martha, it is one of two know Merkel SR-1s "over here" in 9.3x62. Actually a 1 MOA 3 shot group rifle!

Last edited by Mr Humble; 01-13-2010 at 09:15 PM.

I would like a two cavity gas check mold + gas checks.

Please e mail payment info when the time comes.

Regards

Jeff
    Last edited by jkingrph; 01-28-2010 at 06:50 PM.

Boolit Mold
    I would like a 4 cavity GC - with gas checks.

Boolit Man
    I will take a 4 cavity GC with gas check please - PM sent

Boolit Master
    My 1930's era Husky was just delivered by the man in the brown truck.

The rifle is in fine shape and the bore sparkles. Next I did what every castboolit shooted does, I slugged the bore and it looks like it goes .3685-.3690", so it's a tad fat. I have a RCBS 375-250 mold that drops WW at .376" when the mold is hot enough to frost the bullets. I think cast them at normal temperatures and try to squeeze these down to .371" for use in the rifle.

Hopefully I can give this a try before the ordering queue closes.

John

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by johnly View Post
    My 1930's era Husky was just delivered by the man in the brown truck.

The rifle is in fine shape and the bore sparkles. Next I did what every castboolit shooted does, I slugged the bore and it looks like it goes .3685-.3690", so it's a tad fat. I have a RCBS 375-250 mold that drops WW at .376" when the mold is hot enough to frost the bullets. I think cast them at normal temperatures and try to squeeze these down to .371" for use in the rifle.

Hopefully I can give this a try before the ordering queue closes.

John
    John,
    If your chamber neck and throat will handle a .371" sized boolit your are set...
    I shoot the same boolit in my CZ 9.3X62 and it works great.. My groove is .367" and I sized the boolits .370" to fit my case neck and throat..

Boolit Master
    It's going to be close unless I turn the case necks.

I ran a new WW 8x57 over a Hornady 375 tapered expander ball, and the neck ID was about .372" and I could feel it drag when I chambered the case.

John

Boolit Mold
    I would like a two cavity gas check mold + gas checks.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by no_1 View Post
    Gentlemen,

The GC boolit design being offered will be cut to use standard .375 gas checks. As you may already know, Dj is our resident Gatorcheck Gas Check rep and he is going to begin carrying this size as a standard size in his stock but in the mean time he is offering exclusively to the members of the 9.3 GB the chance to purchase 200 gaschecks for $6.00. He will bag them up, send them to me and I will put them in your package so you will have the compete set up when it arrives. If you wish to get some gaschecks added to your purchase, please notate it in your post for your mould desire and remember to add $6.00 to your total cost.

Robert
    How do you plan on getting a .375 gas check inside a case neck that is .366? Is it possible to size it down .008 or .009?

Boolit Mold

Quote Originally Posted by no_1 View Post
    List of participants.

no_1 - 5 CAV - 3 GC - 2 PB
    Shooter93 - 3 CAV - GC
    Hornsurgeon - 4 CAV - GC
    Jdbrowning - 4 CAV - GC - 1 HP
    Mr Humble - Pending - 2 CAV GC
    JKingRPH - 2 CAV GC W/ BLAMMER DEAL
    I would be interested in a 2 cav- gc.I am no sure how to contact the right person' as I am not a computer whiz.

Boolit Mold

9.3 mold

Put me down for a 2 cavity gas check with gas checks.

Page 1 of 17 1234567891011 ... LastLast