Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxTitan Reloading
Reloading Everything Wideners
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: winter sucks

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Beekeeper View Post
    Freightman,
    Are you a native of Amarillo?
    Do you remember the football rivalry between Amarillo and Pampa?
    I was born and lived in Pampa until I left for the Navy.

Jim
    Yes I am a native of the Texas Panhandle I was born in Shamrock but got to Amarillo as fast as I could I was a year old when I got here. Tell you a story, I played for the Golden Sandstorm and in '57 we hadn' even had to play the first team for more than a quarter. We were going to Pampa all convinced we were the worlds greatest football team, no worry! Well we kicked off to Pampa and they prompley marched down the field and scored, what the heck we had never been scored on and that wea the sixth game. We recieved the foot ball and fumbled on our ten, they scored in two plays but missed the extra point, now we were concerned. Well it rocked back and forth through the first and second quarter, with three minutes left in the second the score was 13-0. They kicked to us and we got it on the five and our half back broke it 95 yds for a TD, we kicked to them they fumbled and we scored again before half score was 14-13. Well we got a inspirational speech at half to say the least. We went back out and playred football the score ended up 47-13 the Pampa first team ran out of gas as we had three teams that the only difference was how they numbered them. When you have 500 boys show up the first day of practice you have a lot to pick from.
    I understand now they almost have to begg boys to play. Different times I guess video games don't take as much physical effort I guess.
    O I haven't forgot you Charlie, that was a story I hadn't heard and I think you for it.

Been nudging 100-103 deg F here since early October '09. Only problem is keeping rust from sweaty hands off your favourite piece!

Hold Still Varmint; while I plugs Yer!

Boolit Master
    WOW! how do you like the scope on the BPR and how does it work? I have been considering putting one on my Shiloh due to eye problems.

Boolit Master

Thumbs up yessir

BAW,

That display has class!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Freightman View Post
    WOW! how do you like the scope on the BPR and how does it work? I have been considering putting one on my Shiloh due to eye problems.
    Freightman, don't do it, it puts way too much fun back into seeing the targets and hitting them again. Then you don't have an excuse for missing.
    I got one of the MVAs about a year ago. It got to the point of that or find another hobby. Being an old guy I didn't think I could be trained for any new tricks.
    It is NICE.

Bob
    GUNFIRE! The sound of Freedom!

Top to bottom;
    45/90, 45/70, 50/70, 50/90 and 40/65. As well as being working guns, I put together this little display for a local gunshow, Sharps rifles not being all that common "down under".

The Malcolm scope is optically good but I'm still working out the fine adjustments. Shot this 10 shot group at 100m, not brilliant by itself but there are 5 boolits through one ragged hole near the bottom.

BAW, are the second and last rifles made by Pedersoli? I just got mine from Cabela's two days ago and the only differences I see are the sights and mine has a bit of checkering on the pistol grip.

I shot mine (45-70) yesterday at 100 meters using the factory sights which to my ancient eyes are awful but still managed to put five into about 3 3/4 inches. I'll halve that - or better - when I get a decent Creedmoor sight on the tang. I shoot better when I can actually see the sights!

BTW, I was down under in January, 1976 and it was freezing cold for the two weeks I spent in NZ and Australia.

Quote Originally Posted by Freightman View Post
    Boys I am sorry I just can't imagine temps in that range the lowest it has ever been here during my life time was -9 and my car froze up then. Will a boolit even fly at those temps?
    -9? We get some of that every winter. Usually in January or February, but right now it hasn't stopped snowing here for a week, and that low of a temperature is usually too cold for much snowfall. If you've got a good battery and good antifreeze, cars shouldn't start to freeze up until it gets a little colder. Yeah, boolits fly at those temps--but digging empty cases up out of the snow for reloading can be a bit of a chore. when I was a kid, in the 1950's, we used to walk to grade school in our little town. The sidewalks were plowed, and every kid hauled his sled to school to use on the big hill just behind our schoolhouse during recess. Even at 20 below. Cheer up. Global warming is coming. The Gore-bots all say so, so it must be true.

Quote Originally Posted by doubs43 View Post
    BAW, are the second and last rifles made by Pedersoli?
    All are Pedersoli's. Boolit was a Lyman 398gn tapered design by Mathews with a full 65gn Swiss 3F (on the left)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12