Reloading EverythingRepackboxLoad DataMidSouth Shooters Supply
RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
Wideners Snyders Jerky
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A model 1937 Remington Rangemaster 22rf redeems itself

Boolit Master and Generous Donator
    Dale:

I LOVED that "Frogmoor" Ballard when I saw it the first time in the "Journal". How often does one see humor like that enshrined in wood and steel? Well, you do in some of the old German Schuetzens, but those adhere to the Teutonic mantra: "Anything worth doing is worth doing to gross excess!"

Doug
    NOV SHMOZ KA POP?

Boolit Grand Master

Doug;
    The Ballard Frogmore was my first truly custom "decorated" rifle. It has been a very satisfying acquisition. It shoots as good as it looks.

Dale53

Boolit Master
    Hip'sAxe, i bought the 52B about 15 years ago. When I got home and took the action out of the stock the date on the underside of the bbl was 46, I wasborn in 1946 so that rifle will never be sold. The rifle belonged to a shooter on long island new york and thats all the dealer knew about it. The kenyon trigger is almost spooky. Has a wide trigger shoe and is set pretty light. I've been thinking about sending it back to Karl Kenyon and get it cleaned and tuned. Think I better hurry up as Karl is in his eighties last I heard. The dealer also had a few of the shooters other rifles. Pre war model 70 bull gun in 300 H&H magnum, a pre 64 70 in 30-06, Which I bought later, and the 52B plus a springfield armory "T" springfield with the remington bbl. I let the springfield get away from me though. Price was $900 would be worth at least twice that much today. Thanks for the tip on the 22rf ammo. I have about 4000 rds sellier and bellot 22rf that me and my buddy got some time ago. Think that will last awhile. Try Thad Scott's web site, he normally has a bunch of martinis there and from what I can see they are in great shape and reasonably priced. Frank
    Last edited by Frank46; 06-08-2006 at 02:19 AM.

Super Moderator

...............Anyone heard of a Frazier? A guy was at the range Tuesday with one he'd just bought at a gunshop in the desert. The action was made by Frazier and the barrel is so marked, but I don't think he made that. It's a hunk of gun for a 22RF.

.................Buckshot
    Father Grand Caster watches over you my brother. Go now and pour yourself a hot one. May the Sacred Silver Stream be with you always

Proud former Shooters.Com Cast Bullet alumnus and plank owner.

"The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."

Shrink the State End the Fed Balance the budget Make a profit Leave an inheritance

Boolit Master
    What would a real nice 37 be worth to someone today?
    Nighthunter

Boolit Master
    Funny thing, all through the years that I have been fooling around with firearms I've never seen a model 37. Must be one rare bird indeed. Frank

Boolit Master

Just got back from the Mid Atlantic Championship 6400 at its new home in Palmyra PA. The new higher front sight block I needed for the 37 arrived a few days before I left so I brought it with me. Showed up at the range last Wednesday to practice, screwed the sight block on the 37's bloop tube and shot it some, it felt so good and shot so well I decided to use it for the 6400 instead of the Morgan. Well, I shot way better than I probably ever have including a 1597-141 out of a possible 1600-160 on the last day with the scope, a Redfield 3200 20X with medium cross hairs. Last target of the 6400 was a real bell ringer for me, 200-20X at 100. Got a lot of compliments on that one, saved it too. I'll have to give the Morgan some more time, but its amazing how that darn 37 shoots. Then again is could just have been my turn as "Even a blind hog can find an acorn once in a while".

Boolit Grand Master

Hip's Ax;
    Derned fine shooting. It is one thing to shoot well in practice, but quite another to do that well in front of God and everyone.

Congratulations!!

Dale53

Boolit Master

Thanks Dale, sure feels good to do that well once in a while. I've shot higher scores but this is my first time breaking 140 X's. I'm amazed that this worked out, I was prepared to shoot 1560's all year getting use to these new rifles. Nice to know I do deserve that Masters classification I have after all!

Super Moderator

..............Congratulations! I'm sure that was hard work, as the mental stress and pressure can sure get to ya. What ammo did you use?

.................Buckshot
    Father Grand Caster watches over you my brother. Go now and pour yourself a hot one. May the Sacred Silver Stream be with you always

Proud former Shooters.Com Cast Bullet alumnus and plank owner.

"The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."

Shrink the State End the Fed Balance the budget Make a profit Leave an inheritance

Boolit Master

I'm using Eley Match Semi Auto this year. It is by far the most popular this season. At less than $800 a case delivered and with the way it shoots almost no one is going near the Eley Tenex at $1100 a case. Most folks look for and test the lowest published velocity lots but mine says 1062 FPS on the box and I have no complaints.

Boolit Master in Heaven's Range
    I sold a 37 for a friend once,it brought about $600.00 with a Unertl scope and target iron sights,about 12 years ago.
    I had bought his 40X .22,wish I had bought the 37 also.
    They are sure much higher now.
    While I was trying to sell it,I shot it a very little.Offhanded at 50 yards with the iron sights I was popping the heads off daisies.Scary!

Boolit Master
    Nighthunter,

They typically go for $700-$900 here in California; the lower value for a very good specimen without sights and the higher one with a telescope or irons on it. A really expensive scope would of course increase the cost.

I guess I'm "tuned" to Remington 37's because I see them fairly often at gun shows. Nowhere near as often as a Winchester 52 of any era, or a BSA Martini, but much more common than a Stevens 417 or a gunsmithed Ballard. Condition is usually very good to excellent, obviously; no one would drag one through the woods hunting or leave it in the garage uncleaned for decades.

Some of the sales talking points Remington made were that the 37 came stock with the heavy "bull" barrel that Winchester offered as an option on the 52. Also that the iron sights were the same height off the barrel as the telescope sight, allowing the same hold and spot-weld whatever the match.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12