Snyders JerkyLoad DataInline FabricationTitan Reloading
WidenersReloading EverythingLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
RotoMetals2 Repackbox

Thread: Am I using the best lube.

Boolit Buddy

Am I using the best lube.

I have been using White Label ( BAC Lube Special Blend ) On Lyman Bullets 9MM, 38/357, and 45ACP. I shoot Mid-Range loads. Nothing hot. I bought a case of this a couple years back. It has worked pretty well. But I am getting low and will need to order lube soon., And was wondering if this is the best lube for what I am doing. Or if there may be something better. The price is good. I have a Heater on My lube/Sizer, so a harder lube would not be a problem.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by hornady View Post
    I have been using White Label ( BAC Lube Special Blend ) On Lyman Bullets 9MM, 38/357, and 45ACP. I shoot Mid-Range loads. Nothing hot. I bought a case of this a couple years back. It has worked pretty well. But I am getting low and will need to order lube soon., And was wondering if this is the best lube for what I am doing. Or if there may be something better. The price is good. I have a Heater on My lube/Sizer, so a harder lube would not be a problem.
    The White Label Lubes are excellent, cost effective lubes. If it works for you I see no reason to change. I personally use LARS White Label's Canauba Red the most of any lube. I am not saying it is better or more versatile, just that I use it a lot. Nice thing about the Red is it is pretty much usable for any smokeless powder cartridge, rifle or handgun. On the downside for some it DOES require a heater.

For handgun loads, you'll probably find no other lube that works any better or is cheaper than the BAC that you are currently using, IMO.

BTW, you are aware that LAR45 is a member here and there is a link to his products here also? Lar45's LsStuff at the bottom of the page.

Edd
    Charter member Michigan liars club!

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in Government." -- Thomas Jefferson

"Consider the clown(s) just one of God's little nettles in the woods, don't let it detract from the beauty. Sooner or latter you are going to run into the nettles regardless of how careful you are."

Beware of man who types much, but says nothing.

I agree w/ Badger. I bought some BAC & Carnuba to test. I run a Star w/ a heater & prefer the slightly harder lube for handling reasons. It's not as tacky & gives great results w/ 800fps 45acp through 1800fps 45-70. So from now on it's just the Carnuba for me.

Boolit Grand Master

This is currently my most recommended bullet lube - Lars White Label Carnauba Red. I use a heater with my Star, RCBS, and Lyman sizers and appreciate the "less sticky" and "less apt to melt" in a hot environment and ruin the loaded round.

I am very happy with this fine lube - the reasonable price just adds icing to the cake.

Dale53

Boolit Buddy
    Thanks guys, I think I will try the red. I switched from Lyman orange magic awhile back. It was just too tacky. And over priced. The BAC was better. But still on the soft side.

Banned

the red is a bit firmer and should work just fine for your application.

I switched from BAC to the red and like it better also.
    Crabo

Do not argue with idiots. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Boolit Grand Master

I went in the opposite direction and switched from Red to BAC and never looked back.
    Old enough to know better, young enough to do it anyway!

Men who don't understand women fall into two categories: bachelors and husbands!

Banned
    I prefer the BAC over C. Red . I have used BAC from gallery loads all the way to stooooooopid high FPS and it has not let me down. If you do not have a labratory or an understanding spouse...it is the best way to go IMHO. Glenn's prices and product is close to impossible to beat.

Black Powder 100%

Livingston, La. 20 miles east of Baton Rouge, La.
    Glenn's lubes make it almost impossible to make your own lubes. If he still made his BP lube then I would not be buying beeswax to make my own. He sold out of his BPCR lube about 16-18 months ago and has not made anymore.
    Shooter of the "HOLY BLACK" SASS 81802 AKA FAIRSHAKE; NRA ; BOLD; WARTHOG;Deadwood Marshal;Bayou Bounty Hunter; So That his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat; 44 WCF filled to the top, 210 gr. bullet