RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionTitan Reloading
RotoMetals2Load DataInline FabricationReloading Everything
Snyders Jerky Wideners
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: cost of H & R Handi-rifle?

Boolit Grand Master
    And then you can rechamber it to 445 Super mag!!! All you need then is the brass. Still shoot 44 mags out of it. Think low end 444 marlin

Boolit Master
    I just saw a 500 S & W Handi Rifle on gunbroker for $ 399.00. That seems extremely high. Will they ever make a .460 or is the pressure too high? I saw some pictures of Ranger Ricks spire point boolits for the .500. Now I am really interested. .445 Super Mag sounds good too.

Don't mind me, I am just rambling.
    "There is not a single instance in history in which civil liberty was lost, and religious liberty preserved entire. If therefore we yield up our temporal property, we at the same time deliver the conscience into bondage." --John Witherspoon, The Dominion of Providence Over the Passions of Men. 1776

"The words of the Lord are pure words, like silver refined in a furnace on the ground, purified seven times." Psalm 12:6 (E.S.V.)

Black Powder 100%

Livingston, La. 20 miles east of Baton Rouge, La.
    Exile, Go to the Greybeard forum and check out the swapping and selling thread for the Handi-Rifle and bbls. I have seen a lot of good buys on it.
    Shooter of the "HOLY BLACK" SASS 81802 AKA FAIRSHAKE; NRA ; BOLD; WARTHOG;Deadwood Marshal;Bayou Bounty Hunter; So That his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat; 44 WCF filled to the top, 210 gr. bullet

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by jnovotny View Post
    Bought one for the little woman 6 months ago in 30-30. Paid a whopping 235.00 for it.

I'd sure like to find one of those! They're as rare as hen's teeth around here.

- Tristan

The handi rifle thing can get you. I have three frames and 4 barrels. one is a rifled 20 gauge barrel that is super accurate with Remington Buckhammer slugs, I have 2 223 barrels, a Superlite and a standard contour and my favorite cast bullet shooter is my 44 magnum barrel. I bought it first and what a shooter with a keith 250 gr. cast bullet. This gun keeps my mold hot. I have 50 cases designated to this rifles best load, 23.0 grs of Imr 4227 and the Keith bullet. Only 50 so i can keep a handle on bullet output! I cut the barrel to 17.5 inches and mounted a 3x9 Bushnell Banner scope on it. It is easy to do a good trigger job on them and with a little tweaking all the barrels I have owned shoot very well.

Boolit Mold

Smile

i just picked one up 3 weeksago for 235.00 chambered in 357.im having a little trouble getting it to shoot good though,im not used to the forcing cone.its all new to me.i cant figure why a rifle needs a forcing cone.i'll get it to shoot eventually i guess

Boolit Master
    rickt300, where can I get info on that easy trigger job? I have a few of the same guns you have. Thanks

Generous Donator

I picked up a NIB 357 mag w/black plastic stock for $175 at a gun show from a dealer about 1 year ago. I too have too many. 3 frames, 30/30, 243, 308, 357 mag and max, 44 mag and 45 LC. Looked at a used scoped 223 for $215 the other day but I have nothing else in 223 so I passed.

Boolit Master

You guys looking for more info about the Handi rifles, go here: http://www.go2gbo.com/forums//index.php

Scroll down.

That'll make you happy.

Cat
    Cogito, ergo armatum sum.

(I think, therefore I'm armed.)

Boolit Grand Master
    357's are know for hit or miss, because of the long throat. Some shoot well with the long throat and some don't. Many rechamber to 357max ,or reading on Greybeards, use 360 wesson brass

handy dandi HANDI s

cruise the gunshows
    sold the 223 I was carrying for $150 had less in it BUT it got heavy

seen brand new 44 MAG for $180

guys are tote em around all the time

I have a
    45-70 shiraku
    30-30 win
    243 win
    7.62x39
    22-250
    30-06
    45 colt as long as the target is not shootin back, their great
    can not find a better gun to learn to cast & reload for
    casca
    " BRING DOWN THIS WALL"
    President Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by dualsport View Post
    rickt300, where can I get info on that easy trigger job? I have a few of the same guns you have. Thanks
    http://www.go2gbo.com/forums//index....html#msg308025

http://perkloafm.com/

Boolit Mold
    $228.00 NIB at my local/favorite shop. They can be had for about $150.00 FTF if you are in the right place at the right time in this area.

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by Tristan View Post
    I'd sure like to find one of those! They're as rare as hen's teeth around here.

- Tristan
    H&R just made a run of the 30-30 Handi a few weeks ago but so far I can't find any via the major distributors, I am also looking for one.

Boolit Master
    Someone here was talking about a .22 Hornet the other day too. That sounded interesting to me. Wonder if that would be enough for a coyote?

exile
    "There is not a single instance in history in which civil liberty was lost, and religious liberty preserved entire. If therefore we yield up our temporal property, we at the same time deliver the conscience into bondage." --John Witherspoon, The Dominion of Providence Over the Passions of Men. 1776

"The words of the Lord are pure words, like silver refined in a furnace on the ground, purified seven times." Psalm 12:6 (E.S.V.)

Boolit Master

Big enought for coyote and Texas white tails! I've bagged several. Not my choice for deer but you shoot what you have in your hands when you see 'em.
    I have an old Model 157 with the full wood forend. Bore feels like a coke bottle inside,tight,loose,tight,loose ect. But it shoots cast and Jword pills with wonderful accuracy. Prairie dogs past 200 yards a few times too. It's a K-hornet now just to make brass last,plus Ks look sooooo cool. And you can still shoot factory ammo anytime you want.
    Lewis AKA Wright Brothers Gunsmiths

"Illegitimus non carborundum"

Political Correctness: A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t*rd by the clean end!

Boolit Master
    What's a K-Hornet?

exile

Boolit Master

K-hornet is an improved Hornet,squared up shoulder and a lot less body taper. Named for Lyle Kilbourne. It increases case volume some,can add 100-150 FPS to your loads with Jword pills and makes brass last forever......at least a long time.
    They did the same thing to 218 Bee and called it a Mashburn Bee. Same idea, Blown out to allow more push powder and to lessen case streching.
    Last edited by Cactus Farmer; 01-02-2010 at 10:54 AM. Reason: spelling,again.........
    Lewis AKA Wright Brothers Gunsmiths

"Illegitimus non carborundum"

Political Correctness: A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t*rd by the clean end!

Boolit Master
    Thanks.

exile

I learned all the Handi tricks I know on the Greybeardoutdoors board.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast