RepackboxLee PrecisionReloading EverythingTitan Reloading
RotoMetals2Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyWideners
MidSouth Shooters Supply Load Data
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Magnum Research, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by JSH View Post
    What does one of the BFR rigs weigh, scoped and loaded? 6-7 pounds maybe.
    That is where I have issues. I know not a pistol, but I could have a rifle that weighed what one of these weighs that would shoot a lot better, a lot flatter and a lot further and kill critters just as dead.
    If the BFR's quality is as good as I have been lead to believe, I honestly feel they are missing out on some marketing.
    Heck if they had a custom shop and offered a few calibers that were not normal stock items and gave a heads up that there would be say a year wait. I still think there is a marketable place.
    jeff

Ummmm they do have a custom shop. http://www.magnumresearch.com/bfr_precision.asp

the wait isn't a year, only four weeks. I contacted them yesterday, as I am ordering one next month. after I get some money from barry. they will pretty much make anything (caliberwise) you want. several options available. since some people are concerned about the market MRI is missing there you go. I don't think most people get BFR's to shoot at 600 yards. some people are very good with them. see 44man. different guns do different things. show me a six pound rifle I can shoot a 725 grain slug in for 830 dollars that is under seventeen inches in length
    Are you mormon? no. Are you catholic? no. Do you know what causes it? yes. and we like it.

Boolit Grand Master
    That 38-55 gun looks interesting!!

Boolit Master
    For the guy that wanted a smaller BFR, I'm pretty sure they are making a 45LC now called a "shorty". Darn now I'm interested.

Just what makes you guys that own them like them so much? Are they built with tight tolerances like the freedom Arms revolvers, is the accuracy always exceptional, can someone elaborate?

I made a mistake, it was NOT a 45 but a 44Mag called "the shorty", sorry if I inconvenienced anyone.
    Last edited by Changeling; 12-31-2009 at 04:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Changeling View Post
    For the guy that wanted a smaller BFR, I'm pretty sure they are making a 45LC now. Darn now I'm interested.
    I have the 45LC/410 and it's the same size as my 45/70

you could get them to make you a 45 with out the 410 option to make it a normal size cylinder. it would be pricey though because you would have to do it through the precision center. 1249 without options, though its built to very tight tolerances, tighter than their normal stuff, and we are still way lower than fa. here is a link to a 44 on their website I have never seen before, the weight they list on it is way off though http://www.magnumresearch.com/Expand...Code=BFR44MAG5 that's whay my 10 inch 500 weighs.
    Are you mormon? no. Are you catholic? no. Do you know what causes it? yes. and we like it.

Boolit Master
    For the guy that wanted a smaller BFR, I'm pretty sure they are making a 45LC now called a "shorty". Darn now I'm interested.

Just what makes you guys that own them like them so much? Are they built with tight tolerances like the freedom Arms revolvers, is the accuracy always exceptional, can someone elaborate?
    The BFR's have a good bit tighter tolerances than a standard Ruger, they don't have the under/oversize throat issues either from what I've seen. The triggers are generally decent to quite good. The barrels look good, and I've never heard of one that didn't shoot well.

For the money, the standard catalog BFR's are a great deal. They aren't perfect, but nothing ever is. They cost more than a Ruger, but you get your moneys worth in places it really counts. You get what you pay for most times, and the BFR's are a good example.

it is the most accurate gun I have shot. granted I suck, but nonetheless it was crazy what I was capable of. ask 44man about accuracy. it is not a freedom arms. I don't guess anyway, I have never owned one. If I want a premier freedom arms with an octagon barrel it;s only going to run me 2800. that's funny. they are definitely built better than rugers, and I think if you want one even tighter go to precision center, still a whole lot cheaper than a freedom arms. my 500 bfr has a bc gap of 003. BFR's are guaranteed to be under 005. precision center's are 002

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 500bfrman View Post
    it is the most accurate gun I have shot. granted I suck, but nonetheless it was crazy what I was capable of. ask 44man about accuracy. it is not a freedom arms. I don't guess anyway, I have never owned one. If I want a premier freedom arms with an octagon barrel it;s only going to run me 2800. that's funny. they are definitely built better than rugers, and I think if you want one even tighter go to precision center, still a whole lot cheaper than a freedom arms. my 500 bfr has a bc gap of 003. BFR's are guaranteed to be under 005. precision center's are 002
    So when your F/A comes in, tell us how you like it...

Cast Boolits Founder/B.O.B.

they are pretty impressive..

Boolits= as God laid it into the soil,,grand old Galena,the Silver Stream graciously hand poured into molds for our consumption.

Bullets= Machine made utilizing Full Length Gas Checks as to provide projectiles for the masses.

http://www.cafepress.com/castboolits

castboolits@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by 500bfrman View Post
    it is the most accurate gun I have shot. granted I suck,
    Get the 410 and shoot some aspirin tablets off a post with your friends.

As long as they don't see you load it, you can damage some egos.

The syntax the last time I did it:

I'll be darnned. I hit that 12 ga shell. It was luck. I'm a lousy shot. I;ll try a 357 case.

I'll be darned, I hit it. It was luck. I'm a lousy shot. I'll try a 22 case.

I'll be darned, I hit it. It was just luck. I;m a lousy shot. I'll try an aspirin.

I'll be darned, I hit it. Just luck I'm a lousy shot. Anyone see any Gnats.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12