Load DataTitan ReloadingInline FabricationWideners
MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingRotoMetals2Snyders Jerky
Lee Precision Repackbox
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Replacement rolling block trigger spring

Boolit Master

PS
    Any suggestions on rebuilding a No.4 Remington?
    I'd like to replace the block with a centerfire block and fitt a .32 short barrel to it.

The rifle is a beat up relic, so no collector value left. About all thats salvagable is the receiver, hammer, triger, stock and buttplate. The receiver needs some welding and reshaping at the front, someone beat it with a hammer trying to tighten the barrel fit. Its a takedown and the lever is still with it.[/QUOTE]

I don't think you will ever locate a center fire breach for a #4. The only ones I have seen were done by a gunsmith.

It is possible to get a full size roller down to a 2 pound trigger pull. The old spring can be filed down but takes some time. Usually the hammer is a little soft so building it up with hard welding rod and recutting the full cock notch gives a harder surface, less drag. Changing the angle 1-2 degrees will make the trigger pull a bunch lighter. This is best left to someone who knows how to do it.
    Last edited by John Taylor; 04-02-2017 at 07:48 PM.

I lowered the trigger pull on my roller buy thinning the trigger spring, and drill and tapping for an engagement screw in the hammer.
    Lowered the pull to under 2# it's pretty light but I only shoot BPCRS. And it's safe hammer won't drop if you drop the butt on some rubber padding while cocked.
    Those who choose violence as a first option are typically confronted by somebody else using violence as a last resort.

Live a good, honorable life. Then when you get older and think back, you’ll enjoy it a second time.

Do not confuse my being polite for weakness.
    Using MX Linux 21

From the free state of Idaho

Last night I dug through my box o gun springs and found a leg of a round wire torsion spring that was .045" and long enough to make the spring, the difference is like daylight and dark. Thanks for advice guys, can't wait to shoot the ole girl again.
    Last edited by singleshotcajun; 04-04-2017 at 06:47 PM.

Mr. Taylor, if you have the 22 breach block could you make a barrel bushing off center ( up or down, whichever way works ) to put the firing pin in the center of the .32 ? I made one to convert my .32 RF to 22 LR ( otherwise the firing pin wouldn't hit the rim of the 22 ) just a thought.

hey, watch where ya point that thing!

Quote Originally Posted by enfield View Post
    Mr. Taylor, if you have the 22 breach block could you make a barrel bushing off center ( up or down, whichever way works ) to put the firing pin in the center of the .32 ? I made one to convert my .32 RF to 22 LR ( otherwise the firing pin wouldn't hit the rim of the 22 ) just a thought.
    I'm not John, but I think I have the answer. I have a Zettler Bros. Ballard built off a #6 Schuetzen centerfire model. The barrel on it is a .22 Short, but the action still uses a centerfire firing pin. Zettlers cut the threaded shank off center to the bore of the gun, so it could fire the .22RF cartridge, but not alter the firing pin.
    By doing the threads off center, the gun is able to be equipped with two barrels, and not need two breechblocks for CF and RF operation.

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by nitroproof View Post
    I just put a washer under the factory spring, worked the same way.
    Same here. Works well.

Noah

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ohland View Post
    The main spring in the old retrobate's Pedersoli rolling block fractured about 1/2 inch from the end (towards the screw, IIRC). There is a technique in one of Frank DeHass' books, a 1/8 inch rod, bent up at the end, fits into a shallow drilled hole on the underside of the hammer. There is a small ring of CRS silver soldered back on the straight part of the rod. A coil spring fits on the rod, pushing against the collar. The rod then goes into a through drilled hole in a 1/4" square piece of CRS. The square guide then simply fits up against the existing spring screw and the stock keeps it in place...

Ever tried to get replacement Pedersoli parts?
    yes its easy vti carries what anyone needs.

Boolit Bub
    Pull the wire out of and old lawn mower throttle cable to make RB trigger springs., Bend a one leg wire leg as shown above for a nice light Target gun or a U shaped two-legged spring will give it a firm feel for a hunting gun. You can also bend the wire to tweak it to your liking!

Boolit Buddy
    Made my trigger spring for a#5 RB by filing (Dremel) a hacksaw blade down same size as original, works great.

coffee's ready, Hootmix.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12