Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingRotoMetals2
Lee PrecisionWidenersSnyders JerkyTitan Reloading
Inline Fabrication Repackbox
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: .41 spl

Boolit Master

.41 spl

First pics posted here. 686 .41spl Clements conversion.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails littlepistol5.jpg   littlepistol6.jpg  
    Last edited by ddixie884; 01-23-2012 at 12:54 AM.
    JMHO-YMMV
    dd884
    gary@2texastrucks.com
    Gary D. Peek

Moderator Emeritus

Well, thats pretty interesting. How's it shoot?
    grit yer teeth an pull the trigger

Boolit Master

It shoots

Kidding aside, With 6grs of unique or 6.5grs of universal, It is comparable with a K-frame .38spl, but hits a lot harder.
    JMHO-YMMV
    dd884
    gary@2texastrucks.com
    Gary D. Peek

Boolit Bub
    Thanks for the pictures --- It looks Great.
    I've heard Dave Clements does a Super job on his work.

anachronism
    Doesn't he offer a 10mm conversion for the 686 too?

Boolit Master

Dave clements 10mm

I see on his web site that Clements Custom Guns does offer the 10mm conversion on the GP100 Ruger, but I think he only works on N-frame S&Ws, no longer working on L-frames. I'm glad I had mine done, before he quit.
    Last edited by ddixie884; 01-09-2010 at 12:00 AM.
    JMHO-YMMV
    dd884
    gary@2texastrucks.com
    Gary D. Peek

Boolit Master
    Nice, that's big too!
    In all, the .41 Magnum would be one of my top choices for an all-around handgun if I were allowed to have only one. - Bart Skelton

Boolit Master
    Wow, nice. Ever since I bought those 100 pieces of Starline I've been thinking about a gun in that caliber. I'm leaning toward a Security Six if the cylinder is large enough. Don't have one to measure though.

Could he have made that 686 into a 6 shot 41 mag?
    Last edited by targetshootr; 01-22-2010 at 11:24 PM.

Boolit Master

Ruger GP100

Has any body got one, or ever seen one?
    JMHO-YMMV
    dd884
    gary@2texastrucks.com
    Gary D. Peek

Boolit Master
    Until today, there was a 5 shot 44 spl GP 100 on Clements site but it's gone now. I asked about doing one and he said he no longer offers it.

Boolit Master

Humm I want one too
    I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
    Paralyzed Veterans of America

Looking for a Hensly &Gibbs #258 any thing from a two cavity to a 10cavityI found a new one from a member here

I am seriously considering a 41spl gp100. Can this be done with the factory 6 shot cylinder?
    Due to the price of primers, warning shots will no longer be given!

Boolit Master
    Yep, most definitely and it makes a fine shooter! Mine is a 6 inch blued GP. He sends the factory barrel out to be re bored and cuts the chambers into the factory cylinder in house. I love mine but may not have done it if the Lipseys 44 special had been available. Well, I probably would still have done it but as a 4 inch since the Lipseys 44 is a five, never too many revolvers

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...ts-GP100-in-41
    “You don’t practice until you get it right. You practice until you can’t get it wrong.” Jason Elam, All-Pro kicker, Denver Broncos

Awesome gun! I have a Dave Clements 5 shooter and his work is amazing..

Quote Originally Posted by rking22 View Post
    Yep, most definitely and it makes a fine shooter! Mine is a 6 inch blued GP. He sends the factory barrel out to be re bored and cuts the chambers into the factory cylinder in house. I love mine but may not have done it if the Lipseys 44 special had been available. Well, I probably would still have done it but as a 4 inch since the Lipseys 44 is a five, never too many revolvers

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...ts-GP100-in-41
    Thanks for the link and the info! Do you still love it as much now? I am guessing yes. My idea is a little different. I am thinking of a 3” ss model with a slab sided barrel and the lett style grips with the insert. It will be a winter carry gun.
    Due to the price of primers, warning shots will no longer be given!

Boolit Master
    Yes, I still really like it! I am working on getting a load for the wadcutter and have been so busy that I have gotten nothing done, if that makes any sense. I have been shooting the Lipseys 44 because I have an old Dillon dedicated to 44 special and it’s just easy. I will post some more about the 41 when it cools off a bit.
    I considered doing a short one, but decided I wanted a hunter. I have a 696, so that itch kinda scratched. I was going to have this one slabbed and cut to 5 inches but he told me the short lug 6 inch would feel like I wanted, he was right! I also considered 10mm but decided the moon clips were not for me. I like rims and heavy bullets at low(ish) pressure. Didn’t see wasting and cylinder capacity by using a shorter case. Now, you can get a factory 10mm, so even more reason to do the 41special in a custom!
    “You don’t practice until you get it right. You practice until you can’t get it wrong.” Jason Elam, All-Pro kicker, Denver Broncos

Boolit Grand Master

I’ve got 2 revolvers he’s worked over. Absolutely gorgeous work. He has another of mine currently. He will be retiring in the next few years according to our conversations so better get work done when you can. Pistol smiths are a dying breed.

Boolit Grand Master

And Dixie, that is a fabulous piece

Banned

ive got a 696 too and love the thing so my itch is scratched too. I have had dave build me two old model 357s into a 41 mag and a 44 special. he also cut the barrel and case hardened my 4570 cowboy. One other thing he did that was cool is he back bored the chambers on a couple ruger old armys that let you use about 5 grains more powder. Turned them into legit hunting guns. I like him and John Linebaugh because when you have them do work there the ones doing the work not someone they hire so they can sit in the office with there feet on the desk like some of the others. I scratched my 41 special itch years ago when I had gallagher build me a 5 shot old model drift sight single six. To be honest I never saw the big deal. Just harder to find brass for but it was cool. Boge Quinn bought that one from me.
    Quote Originally Posted by rking22 View Post
    Yes, I still really like it! I am working on getting a load for the wadcutter and have been so busy that I have gotten nothing done, if that makes any sense. I have been shooting the Lipseys 44 because I have an old Dillon dedicated to 44 special and it’s just easy. I will post some more about the 41 when it cools off a bit.
    I considered doing a short one, but decided I wanted a hunter. I have a 696, so that itch kinda scratched. I was going to have this one slabbed and cut to 5 inches but he told me the short lug 6 inch would feel like I wanted, he was right! I also considered 10mm but decided the moon clips were not for me. I like rims and heavy bullets at low(ish) pressure. Didn’t see wasting and cylinder capacity by using a shorter case. Now, you can get a factory 10mm, so even more reason to do the 41special in a custom!
    Last edited by Lloyd Smale; 07-12-2020 at 02:33 PM.

Boolit Grand Master

SWEET !
    I Like It !
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast