Lee PrecisionInline FabricationWidenersLoad Data
Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxReloading Everything
RotoMetals2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bullplate.

Boolit Master

Bullplate.

How long does a stick of BullPlate mold lube last?

Boolit Master
    It's not a stick, it's a liquid, and for a hobby caster - just about forever! I'm sure Bullshop will chime in on this one. I apply it with a toothpick.

Boolit Buddy
    Changeling, a 4oz bottle should last years unless you get the round bottom bottle that tips over easy. I think Daniel had a special batch of bottles made up for us clutzy casters that just have to knock them over.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by SWIAFB View Post
    Changeling, a 4oz bottle should last years unless you get the round bottom bottle that tips over easy. I think Daniel had a special batch of bottles made up for us clutzy casters that just have to knock them over.

I've never even seen it. You guys have talked about it and how great it is so I went to the bottom of this page for instance and clicked on the Bull Shop in there it refers to "Lube and BullPlate as sticks), Are we talking about the same thing? This is the stuff you put on the hinges and sprue plate of the mold to keep it working correctly. I'm sure you know what you're talking about but now I'm confused.
    I emailed about getting 3 sticks of Bullplate but never received a reply, maybe this is the reason, they just think I'm nuts.

This is why people who sell things should have pictures, but they are under construction.

Go Here: http://bullshop.gunloads.com/bullsho...ite_05_002.htm

Boolit Master

I just went to that link, and it say Bullshop Bullplate sprue lube, 4.00/2 0z bottle. Pics would be nice but it seemed clear enough. Once you get it you will like it. I bought 15 bottles a couple of years ago just so I would have a lifetime supply, it's that good. But I do use it in a different bottle with a very small pour spout in case I knock it over, again!

He sells both.

The sticks are lube sticks made with bullplate mixed in it. I'm not sure the lube comes in stick form but is a slap of lube made with a reciepe of bullplate mixed in.

Hope this helps.

Marlinreloader

Bullplate is in liquid form and is for the molds. I think this is what you are wanting.

Boolit Master
    Changeling
    Sir I did answer your email but perhaps you have a protective systam that spammed me out. I remember explaining the difference between the liquid bullplate and our boolit lubes.
    I answer all email's and all PM's promptly, at least I do my very best to do so.
    BIC/BS

Boolit Master

This is how i use my bull shop sprue plate lube I shake it up & unscrew the lid , place open bottle in a tray i have so i won`t spill it .
    I then take a fresh Q tip & clean out the lid & replace lid , then use this thru the castin session or 2

If I dip in the bottle I`ll put too much on !!!!!
    Last edited by GP100man; 12-17-2009 at 06:14 PM. Reason: spelun
    GP100man

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Springfield View Post
    I just went to that link, and it say Bullshop Bullplate sprue lube, 4.00/2 0z bottle. Pics would be nice but it seemed clear enough. Once you get it you will like it. I bought 15 bottles a couple of years ago just so I would have a lifetime supply, it's that good. But I do use it in a different bottle with a very small pour spout in case I knock it over, again!

This is what I see: Bullets-up to 40 LB ---$13.50
    Lube Sticks (also Bullplate and case lube)
    1 ---$2.50

That's basically it, to the left of that is an entire section that is blanked out.
    I sure didn't see what you are reporting.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullshop View Post
    Changeling
    Sir I did answer your email but perhaps you have a protective systam that spammed me out. I remember explaining the difference between the liquid bullplate and our boolit lubes.
    I answer all email's and all PM's promptly, at least I do my very best to do so.
    BIC/BS
    Thats probably what happened, it was sent to Spam. Thanks for the reply.

Boolit Master

I just went back and now it is different again!

Plus 2 for: "put the lid back on". I put a dab on a Q tip, rotate in on the inside of the neck to remove excess and put the lid on! I think one bottle could last a lifetime (at least mine) and I've cast 50-60,000 bullets. This is great stuff and it's used to lube alignment pins, as well as the bottom of the sprue cutter. A tiny bit goes a long way.
    Cloudpeak

Boolit Master
    I must have gotten one of those round bottomed bottles. I read all the inf. i could find an about spilling. So i thought if i enlarged the bottom of the bottle. But i needed it now. I know. Ill lightly tighten a small C clamp so its more stable. Don't you know while going about casting, i hit it somehow. Tipped the whole thing over. Fortunately only lost half the bottle.
    Bullshop do i have to designate on my next order to get a flat bottom bottle. LOL
    Kevin

Boolit Master

Mine hasn't tipped over . . . only need to use it once . . . for each mold, unless your doing a lot . . . covers do work.

Dan can't be standing around you, teaching you how to fine tune your motor skills.
    John 3: 16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Boolit Master

I'm glad I bought several bottles. Somehow I didn't fully tighten the cap on my first bottle and still had it in my hand when I reached out to do something that required raising and rotating my wrist. End result was more than half the bottle running down arm. Sopped up what I could. What's left is more than I'll need for a while plus have backup bottle.

It did relieve my carpal tunnel pains, got rid of a nasty rash, and removed two warts from the effected area while leaving my skin silky smooth...

Boolit Master

Add me to the one's with a round bottomed bottle. The first time I used it I left the cap off but set it on the back of the bench. On the next cast I dropped the boolits on a towel and one bounced off of the towel and knocked the bottle over. Lost half the bottle before I could set it upright.

NOE supplies a tiny bottle of Bullplate as a sample. I now use one of those bottles. It is a tiny squeeze bottle that I can't spill.

This is what I found on the website:

Bullshop Speed Green Lube
    2oz Hollow Stick
    $2.25

1 Pound Cake
    $17.50
    Bullshop NASA Lube
    2oz Hollow Stick
    $2.25

1 Pound Cake
    $17.50
    Bullshop Bullplate Sprue Lube
    2oz Bottle
    $4.00
    Bullshop Bullsize Case Lube
    2oz bottle
    $4.00
    Question for Dan - What is the case lube like? Is it like Imperial sizing wax to apply with your fingers or an oil to go on a lube pad?

Custom Cast Boolits Google Search

The Learning Never Stops!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Changeling View Post
    I've never even seen it. You guys have talked about it and how great it is so I went to the bottom of this page for instance and clicked on the Bull Shop in there it refers to "Lube and BullPlate as sticks), Are we talking about the same thing? This is the stuff you put on the hinges and sprue plate of the mold to keep it working correctly. I'm sure you know what you're talking about but now I'm confused.
    I emailed about getting 3 sticks of Bullplate but never received a reply, maybe this is the reason, they just think I'm nuts.

This is why people who sell things should have pictures, but they are under construction.

Go Here: http://bullshop.gunloads.com/bullsho...ite_05_002.htm
    I knew right away when I saw your post that it wasn't because of your confusion between sticks and bottles that you didn't *receive* a reply from Dan, don't ask me how I know that.

As a note, I understand The Bullshop site exists partially (or mostly) due to some support from our own technical gurus, so not being a megabuck, super-slick hollywood production it maybe lacks a few features yet. But that's fine with me, I get promt and courteous response directly from the owner, and the products would be a bargain at twice the price (now don't get any ideas, Dan!) which is more than I can say for most of the selling sites out there with their huge web and ad overhead.

Gear

Boolit Grand Master

Where our governors, congressmen AND THEIR WIVES make our license plates
    I just pick up the phone and it is in the mail.

I have used the lube on the molds as suggested but it also works sizing 223 cases down to 20 VT.

Last week my daughter called and said her elderly neighbor could not get her oven door open as the rollers were rusted in place. What kind of an oil can I use that will not smoke up the house but loosen the rollers? Bullplate Lube to the rescue. I dipped a Q tip in the magic round bottomed bottle and let it drip down each side of the rollers. Wow it opens better than when it was new. Dan do you need any more suggestions?

IT WORKS

I cast on a steel bench. A trip to Wallyworld for some of the self adhesive magnet sheets solved the tipping problem for me. I just cut out a piece the right size and stuck it on the bottom of the bottle.

jim

Boolit Master
    The first thing I thought when I purchased the BullShop sprue plate lube was my potential misfortune of spilling it. I am what people like to refer me as “a tight wade” (I like to call it frugal at it's finest) so the first thing I did when I purchased this miracle for aluminum molds was open the bottle dip a q-tip in then immediately screw the cap back on. I then sat the q-tip with the sprue lube on a Tupperware lid and started to cast up until I had all cavities with full bases and then applied the sprue plate lube on the mold surface and the underneath side of the sprue plate as well as the alignment pins/sockets. I never had to reopened the bottle during the rest of the casting session as there was more than enough lube on the q-tip to relube at the end of the session. BTW……………this product could be the best dang thing I've ever used for casting; it makes for a casting experience delight.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast