Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersRotoMetals2
RepackboxReloading EverythingLoad DataTitan Reloading
Snyders Jerky Inline Fabrication

Thread: 410 loader

Boolit Mold

410 loader

which companies make 410 loader am trying to find something in can afford to get started loading so daughter will be able to shoot more any help would be appreciatedthanks in advance.

Terry

Boolit Grand Master

Well, I was going to suggest Lee Loader or Lee Loadall but I see they don't make Lee Loaders for shotgun anymore and the Lee Loadall doesn't come in 410.

You might try looking for a used MEC Junior in 410.

Not knowing your circumstances I will make a suggestion. My son wanted to hunt with a 12 ga. but was young at the time and found the recoil was too much even with standard 1 1/8 oz. trap loads so I down loaded and went 7/8 oz. with reduced powder charge. That worked for him and patterned well at reasonable ranges so I set his range limit and he used that load until he grew some.

This worked out well for me too in that I did not have to buy another set of reloading equipment and components or eventually trade up to a large gauge as he grew.

BPI also lists light 12 ga. loads and 12 ga. loads for 2 1/2" hulls which are suitable for smaller framed types like women and kids. Standard hulls can be shortened for use.

Just a thought if you already have a 12 ga. and 12 ga. reloading gear.

Longbow

Boolit Master

Lowbow Is right. A 410 loader that will do what you need to do will run about $400 new. Look on feebay for a mec 600 and the adjustable charge bar{you need it for the 410} The progressive is a pain on 410.

In Remebrance

MECs line of loaders are pretty foolproof.

Boolit Mold
    considered going to a 20ga for her but she isn't very big even at 10 and has shot a 20ga once but the recoil was a bit much right now but she also didn't fit the gun very well either so i might go ahead and try her on a 20 ga again with a gun that fits her then i can look for a 20ga setup or just buy cause 20ga is cheaper than 410 that is for sure and have a 20ga bbl already fit ti that frame so would work. thanks all so either a mec loader or go up to a different ga

Terry

In Remembrance

You don't state what she will be shooting with the 410, but if it's game such as rabbit, quail, or dove she would be handicapped with the small shot load. She would be much better off with a 20 fitted to her even if you have to load reduced recoil loads for her for a while. I'd bet she could handle field loads with a good recoil pad and maybe a padded jacket. Don't forget hearing protection. Make sure it's fun, whatever it takes.

Boolit Mold
    going to try both since have both bbl but would rather she could shoot 20ga would be much cheaper to feed. going to try it when i get the stock and trying to decide what to do about a recoil pad though will see how it goes. thanks for the help.