Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingInline FabricationSnyders Jerky
WidenersLee PrecisionLoad DataRotoMetals2
Repackbox MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Heavier weight 45 LC hollow points

Quote Originally Posted by Changeling View Post
    A 270/280 gr bullet will blast through the biggest deer that ever lived relative to meplat diameter (.320/.340/.360 and hardness of the projectile as 44Man has said so often. When someone who has been there seen it and done it, talks , maybe you should listen.

If you don't agree, no problem, do it your way!!!!
    What would you know about it? Based on your posts, you haven't even fired your 45 Colt yet, but you're giving advice on bullets to use for deer?

Some people prefer to think and experiment for themselves, rather than believe everything they read from the internet experts.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by yondering View Post
    What would you know about it? Based on your posts, you haven't even fired your 45 Colt yet, but you're giving advice on bullets to use for deer?

Some people prefer to think and experiment for themselves, rather than believe everything they read from the internet experts.
    What I know about it is researching the subject from people like Taffin and Fryxell, I also contacted Eric at Bullet Hollow Pointing service who has been known to Hollow point a few molds plus some other sources I won't divulge to you because of your moronic attack on me.
    They are the Internet experts that I believe have the expertise to know a few things about the subject that you don't know, not that you know anything but how to be a rude jerk. I gave correct information. If for some reason you can't act like an adult and ask in an appropriate manner, forget about ever getting a reply from me. You contribute NOTHING to the subject but your rude ignorance.
    You go right ahead and experiment on your own, we'll see how long it takes for you to learn to take advantage of the expertise of others willing to give it and save people a lot of money and testing for something that has been already done.
    Since this isn't the first time you have attacked me please refrain from EVER commenting on another of my posts. Your kind of input is not needed so you and a couple of your friends can act like the Internet experts that you are NOT!

Now you run along and tell the system administrator that the bad man got tired of my **** and jumped on me, LOL!

You're correct in saying I haven't fired my 45 Colt, (I have a 45 RUGER), and I have been getting all the things I need for it, not that is any of your business whatsoever.

Try contributing to the knowledge base instead of hampering it. People doing what you are is the very reason why one of the forums has up a sign about "come on in lurkers", for what, so they can be attacked by your type?

Boolit Grand Master

People, people, people!! Let's place nice!

We all have something to contribute here. If you don't agree, then just don't reply. Fighting amongst ourselves won't get ANYTHING accomplished.

Understand, this great advice comes from a guy who has recently been reprimanded on another forum for speaking a bit harshly (me).

Let's all just back up a step, simmer down, and get to be friends again.

FWIW
    Dale53

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Dale53 View Post
    People, people, people!! Let's place nice!

We all have something to contribute here. If you don't agree, then just don't reply. Fighting amongst ourselves won't get ANYTHING accomplished.

Understand, this great advice comes from a guy who has recently been reprimanded on another forum for speaking a bit harshly (me).

Let's all just back up a step, simmer down, and get to be friends again.

FWIW
    Dale53
    I totally agree with you Dale I think/believe I have been more that courteous to everyone on the forum. However when someone attacks me on more than one occasion I think I have a right to protect myself and answer the allegations, This is what I did.
    Sorry if I offended anyone not associated with the problem.

I totally agree with you Dale I think/believe I have been more that courteous to everyone on the forum. However when someone attacks me on more than one occasion I think I have a right to protect myself and answer the allegations, This is what I did.
    Sorry if I offended anyone not associated with the problem.
    Sounds like some explanation is in order. I'm not going to argue about this, but will explain myself once.

Changeling, I didn't "attack" you, any more than your post was attacking Bucks Owin. I was calling you on the BS of saying "when 44man speaks maybe you should listen". Criticizing someone for not believing everything they read on the internet is a little backwards, don't you think? Bucks Owin shared the results of his experimenting, and you ridiculed him for not doing it "your" way.

As for telling me I've contributed nothing, read back up at the top of this thread. Your post title is "Heavier weight 45 LC hollow points", I responded with a very good option for a heavier 45 Colt hollow point. I've also offered advice in many of your threads, based on my own experiences.

Please don't talk to me about not contributing here; that's the pot calling the kettle black. The only "contributions" I've seen from you are just repeats of other people's thoughts; most of your posts are requests for information that could have been found in a simple search.

Much of what I know about cast bullets is information I've learned here, but everything that I claim to know has been verified by my own experiences. My criticism of you was for repeating unverified information, and ridiculing others for not doing the same.

Even if your information was from a trusted online source, you don't know it to be true if you've never tried it, and yet a number of your posts lately have presented other's information as if it were something you know to be true. That's not contributing, that just hot air.

You're right about one thing, I do find most of your posts annoying, because many of them are worded to get a lot of responses and heated discussion, without adding much value to the forum; aka, borderline trolling. Not this particular thread, but many others.

HEAVY bullets Changeling my friend....

Sure a 270 HP would be fine on a deer. Actually, the original black powder .45 Colt load has dropped more than a few critters such as buffalo, grizzly, runaway horses etc. The "lesser" .44/40, even more of 'em! But since we're talking HEAVY bullets in the .45 Colt, that means 300+ grs to me. From 255 to 270 ain't much of a jump....No one respects 44man's opinion any more than I do, in fact I sometimes ask his advice "behind the scenes". His is the voice of experience not theory! As to "Heavy .45 LC bullets", HP or not, I've found that when you step up to a 300 gr @ 1250 fps level, the .45 Ruger becomes a whole different animal! I'm enjoying the heck out of playing with these handheld thunderbolts. Penetration? In spades! Can't wait to try some 457122's now! I can understand your enthusiasm regarding the .45 LC Changeling, and reading about and theorizing about various aspects of reloading and ballistics of same. I do it too. I dearly want a .500 WE to play with and I gobble up anything written about that cartridge that I can find. But what I'm most interested in, is folks who actually shoot one. Their opinion means the most to me. Savvy?.... Dennis (who also thinks you need to actually SHOOT your .45 Colt! )....Photo: Hardcast 335 gr .45 Colt Link to article: http://www.riflemagazine.com/magazin...d=321&magid=24
    Last edited by Bucks Owin; 02-21-2010 at 01:30 PM.

Boolit Master
    I'll shoot the Ruger when I get it finished and not before, if anyone doesn't like the way I do things I really don't give a dam.

If you don't like my posts, try not answering.

I'll shoot the Ruger when I get it finished and not before, if anyone doesn't like the way I do things I really don't give a dam.

If you don't like my posts, try not answering.
    Huh! Pardon me sonny.... (And "dam" is spelled damn)