Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2RepackboxLoad Data
Inline FabricationWidenersTitan ReloadingSnyders Jerky
MidSouth Shooters Supply Reloading Everything
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 480 Ruger

I didn't know they dropped it. I guess you can tell I don't follow the 480 that much.
    Are you mormon? no. Are you catholic? no. Do you know what causes it? yes. and we like it.

Boolit Master

Scored on some good deals today before work. Picked up 400 loaded rounds of 44-40, 100 rounds of 7mm Rem Mag, 100 loaded rounds of 480 Ruger, plus 225 new unfired Starline brass in 480 Ruger. All loaded rounds come in the green MTM boxes. Got it all $220.00. I thought I was getting a steal.

Boolit Buddy
    more like felony theft....

Boolit Master

They place i got it from is a bow shop that is selling it for the owners late father-in-law. Lots of good deals have went out the door before I found out about it.

Boolit Master
    I talked to Ruger about the .480 and the reason for dropping it from production and was told that it was a marketing decision. Probably weren't selling many. That's too bad as it is a fine gun/caliber combination.

I am still in the process of picking my jaw up off the floor. AFter i figured out Ruger made the 480, yet I can't know get a 480 from Ruger. But I can get other places. MRI
    Are you mormon? no. Are you catholic? no. Do you know what causes it? yes. and we like it.

As for an answer to the OP, I am shooting a Lee 400 grain water dropped, pan lubed -w- felix lube, in Hornaday cases, over 19 grain of Lil-Gun, with CCI Mag LP. Out of my 7.5" SRH -w- 2x7 Burris optics, if I do my part, I am getting sub 3" 6 shot groups at 50 yds, -w- no leading and right at 1100 fps.

Boolit Buddy
    Check this site out:

http://forums.accuratereloading.com/...10309#55810309

The images are no longer available as it is several years old, but the info is pretty good.

Boolit Bub
    Wolfman, have you tried pushing that bullet any faster?
    I just picked up that mold but haven't cast any yet. I'm hoping for around 1250 from my 7.5" barrel with H-110 & ww aloy, probably heat treated, tumble lubed.

Quote Originally Posted by Vance in Ak View Post
    Wolfman, have you tried pushing that bullet any faster?
    I just picked up that mold but haven't cast any yet. I'm hoping for around 1250 from my 7.5" barrel with H-110 & ww aloy, probably heat treated, tumble lubed.
    Not yet, but im gonna

I just got into casting and making my own lube this summer, and worked this load up as a plinking load, just to see how hard it was going to be to control leading. I have had a lot of fun with the reaction it gets at the range I work at, and am getting ready to start heating it up a bit to see where it can go.