Lee PrecisionWidenersInline FabricationTitan Reloading
RepackboxRotoMetals2Snyders JerkyLoad Data
MidSouth Shooters Supply Reloading Everything
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Parts for Lyman #45 lubrisizer

Boolit Man

Quote Originally Posted by imashooter2 View Post
    The cap is not necessary. A 1/4 inch ratchet wrench will work for the pressure screw or you can get an original style wrench from Chapman.
    I just took it apart, cleaned it, and discovered that what you said about the cap is true, imashooter2... pretty much ornamental the cap is. Never heard of Chapman but I'll google it. I also determined that one vital thumb screw is missing but I'm sure the hardware store has a reasonable facsimile.

Thanks for your help!
    Because freedom isn't free....

Boolit Man
    Quote Originally Posted by imashooter2 View Post
    The cap is not necessary. A 1/4 inch ratchet wrench will work for the pressure screw or you can get an original style wrench from Chapman.
    Yea, what he said.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by SteveK View Post
    I just took it apart, cleaned it, and discovered that what you said about the cap is true, imashooter2... pretty much ornamental the cap is. Never heard of Chapman but I'll google it. I also determined that one vital thumb screw is missing but I'm sure the hardware store has a reasonable facsimile.

Thanks for your help!
    First item at the top of the page...

http://www.chapmanmfg.com/OrderParts.html

Boolit Grand Master in Remembrance

the cap is not essential true, but it does help keep the rod centered.

Harbor Freight also has a ratchet wrench available. 3 bucks IIRC
    Lets make America GREAT again!
    Go, Go, Go, Go, Go Donald Trump

Keep your head on your shoulders
    Sit with your back to the wall
    Be ready to draw on a moments notice

Boolit Grand Master in Remembrance

Lets make America GREAT again!
    Go, Go, Go, Go, Go Donald Trump

Keep your head on your shoulders
    Sit with your back to the wall
    Be ready to draw on a moments notice

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by jcwit View Post

True enough. Fortunately the cover for the 450/4500 fits. First item on the list:

http://www.lymanproducts.com/store/page150.html

While you're ordering, the O ring pressure nut (2nd item down) is a significant upgrade if your 45 still has the brass skirt nut.

Boolit Mold
    Well after over 50 years I finally broke the handle on my Lyman #45 lube sizer...Any ideas or info where I might find a replacement??
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by erikk View Post
    Well after over 50 years I finally broke the handle on my Lyman #45 lube sizer...Any ideas or info where I might find a replacement??
    Thanks
    fellow member jonB made a few , if he still has any left or not i dont know ... pm him and ask would be my first suggestion , second would be to post a want to buy add ,good luck amigo
    Je suis Charlie

" To sit in judgment of those things which you perceive to be wrong or imperfect is to be one more person who is part of judgment, evil or imperfection."
    Wayne Dyer
    if it was easy would it be as worthy ? or as long of lasting impression ? the hardest of lessons are the best of teachers [shrugz]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLzFhOslZPM

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    Thanks
    I've had a section of 3/4" pipe epoxied to the end of mine for the last 25 years or so!
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Moderator Emeritus

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fryboy View Post
    fellow member jonB made a few , if he still has any left or not i dont know ... pm him and ask would be my first suggestion , second would be to post a want to buy add ,good luck amigo
    I don't have anything for sale right now. here is a link to the thread to show you how I built them and maybe it'll give you a few ideas to make your own...Be sure to read post 31, it has photos of the improved version I ended up Making 20+ units of for resale.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...izr&highlight=
    Last edited by JonB_in_Glencoe; 11-30-2013 at 07:49 PM. Reason: oops, forgot link...link added
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Master
    Follow this link to a PDF with an excellent set of 1950's instruction's. http://stevespages.com/lymanom.html
    My hero's have always been Cowboys!

Boolit Master

You might try eBay aka crapbay. Sometimes you can find one for sale for parts pretty cheap
    Gun Control means hitting what you aim at!

Certified NRA Pistol Instructor
    Life Member of the NRA
    Life Member of the Disabled American Veterans Association

Boolit Grand Master

No link found in post #30

Bill
    If it was easy, anybody could do it.

Boolit Master
    Bill, the link is in 31.
    My hero's have always been Cowboys!

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by MtGun44 View Post
    No link found in post #30

Bill
    thanks Bill,
    Link added
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Bub
    Here is a picture of the Lyman 45 I'm currently in the process of modifying. I got the unit in an estate sale, and it was in excellent shape with just a few paint chips here and there. I'm currently cleaning this up and making a few modifications. All I planned to do was clean it before selling since I don't need another sizer. After reading through some threads, I decided to make a quick few changes so that I maybe able to get a few extra dollars but also give the buyer a good sizer that is ready to go with a few convenience modifications. I started by mounting it to an extra piece of aluminum I had left over in the garage, that way the buyer can decide if they want to mount it directly or just clamp it when they use it. I added spacers because I heard a lot of good things about people using an old soldering iron to use as a heating source vs. having to buy a Lyman heater. You can see it sticking out on the left side.

What I'm actually going to do is buy an old coffee maker for $5 and use that as my heating element (stole idea from someone on the board I believe). I'll open the bottom up, and route the heating element under the sizer. My engineer friend has told me about something that'll help route the heat where I want it to go. The coffee maker will also allow the user to setup the heater to start before they plan on sizing, which means they are ready to go when they get there. It's also safer then using a soldering iron.

Don't sweat the cap and wrench too much. The wrench you can pick up any where, and if I remember correctly someone on the board knows how to make them. The may be able to make one for you, or give you directions on how to. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00799.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	58.0 KB 
ID:	89133Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00802.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	48.7 KB 
ID:	89134

If you use a ratchet, make sure it's a six-point. Don't ask me how I know.......
    Cognitive Dissident

i need the threaded rod for a model 45. where can i find one ?
    I would rather die on my feet than live on my knees~!

lyman

( fairly cheap too )

depending upon which cap you have you may have to enlarge the hole on the cap a bit but other than that ...

"
    Replacement Parts 4500/450 - ( 9) Pressure Screw 2990559 $6.00

fine time to pick up a new pressure nut or o-rings as well

Replacement Parts 4500/450 - ( 2) Pressure Nut (with two o-rings) formerly 2990146 2990708 $5.00

http://www.lymanproducts.com/store/page150.html
    Je suis Charlie

" To sit in judgment of those things which you perceive to be wrong or imperfect is to be one more person who is part of judgment, evil or imperfection."
    Wayne Dyer
    if it was easy would it be as worthy ? or as long of lasting impression ? the hardest of lessons are the best of teachers [shrugz]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLzFhOslZPM

Boolit Master

I need a guide rod. My left one is bent at two places. I tried to straighten it but... its straighter but still rubs/ binds. If anyone has some spare time and a mini lathe, I've got all the pertinent measurements, i just don't have access up here in AK.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast