Snyders JerkyRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline Fabrication
Lee PrecisionLoad DataWidenersTitan Reloading
Repackbox Reloading Everything
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Your Favorite 45 ACP Load

Boolit Buddy
    4.2 gr BE H&G 130 I have got 8 pounds of bullseye so I dont think Ill try anything else for a while.

Boolit Man
    Quote Originally Posted by KohlerK91 View Post
    4.2 gr BE H&G 130 I have got 8 pounds of bullseye so I dont think Ill try anything else for a while.
    7000 grains / 4.2 x 8lbs = 13,333 rounds.

I'd say you're good.

Boolit Grand Master

Lee TL 200 SWC WW alloy over 5.5 231 gently seated and taper crimped into range brass and a WLP primer to get the party started. Cheap, easy and does exactly what I want it to do. Wish a knew a woman like that.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Quote Originally Posted by TXGunNut View Post
    Lee TL 200 SWC WW alloy over 5.5 231 gently seated and taper crimped into range brass and a WLP primer to get the party started. Cheap, easy and does exactly what I want it to do. Wish a knew a woman like that.
    yeah buddy! That's my favorite
    Crabo

Do not argue with idiots. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Hey Jack, I wonder if we are in the same neck of the woods?

Anyway, I noticed that 260 grain Speer load in my Speer 11 manual and have often thought about it. I've read a couple other threads over the years where guys, including Taffin, had some heavy bullet loads in the old 45 auto.

I actually have a 45 Super set up and do run a 265 grain Beartooth WFNGC bullet to 1000 fps with ease. More than that as well, but like the 1000 fps load the best for basic woods walkin' or fishing up on Eagle Creek or the Sandy river.

Boolit Master
    Don't have a favorite load yet, but I've had good luck with 5.1 grains of vihtavuori N32C over a 230gr bullet. A bit mild, I think I can go up to 5.5 still. Will have to chrono and see.

Once I get my H&G #68 mihec mold I suspect thats the bullet I will be using for .45ACP and nothing else. Not a big fan of having a buncha different types, I want one for each caliber and stick to that.

Boolit Master
    G'day All.
    Mine is a Lee 225gr RN Lubed with BAC seated to 1.205 in Federal small primer cases over 5.0gr W231.
    This fired in a Para GI Expert.
    Nice load. And accurate at 20 metres.
    Hooroo.
    Regards, Trevor.
    Australia

Boolit Mold
    I just loaded some Lee 230 gr RN over 4.6gr Bulls Eye. We'll see how that runs, any thoughts?

Boolit Mold
    H & G #68 and 4gr Bullseye.

Cast Boolits Owner

For years that was my "go-to" load. I think you will be pleased.

Quote Originally Posted by kennyb View Post
    I just loaded some Lee 230 gr RN over 4.6gr Bulls Eye. We'll see how that runs, any thoughts?
    "The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion."
    - Albert Camus -

5.7 grains of Herco pushing a Lee TL452-230-2R lubed with JPW if I TL and WWVA if i size it in the Lyman 45, seated to 1.260 OAL. I have also used Clays International, 3.8 to 4.1 grains pushing the same boolit at the same OAL. A word of caution, Hodgdon no longer lists loads for Clays international in anything other than shotguns, I got my load info from an Aussie who used to shoot it in IPSC before the blokes down under banned the .45 ACP from private ownership, he said he had shot 50 pounds of it as ADI was his sponsor. There used to be .45 ACP info printed on the label of Clays International. I take no responsibility for your extremities or your weapons if you use my load data.

Boolit Mold
    I have an NEI mold throwing a 230 RNFP.. I sent it to a genius, erik@hollowpointmold.com & he turned it into a great hollow point mold. I mix 2lbs. of linotype w/20lbs. WW & come up with a 240 gr. hollow point. I use 5.1gr. of 231 & it feeds through my 2 kimbers & my friend's AMT Hardballer. It is extremely accurate, but I haven't chronograph-ed it...

Boolit Master
    3.9-4.2 WST
    4.2 Red Dot
    with 200 SWC

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456