RepackboxLoad DataLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
Reloading EverythingSnyders JerkyTitan ReloadingInline Fabrication
RotoMetals2 Wideners

Thread: This weeks changes on the Blammy Shells

This weeks changes on the Blammy Shells

I changed the bushing for the 209A primer and I think I'll change it a little more. These work fine but take a little longer to make than I like.

I also used low brass. There's no need for high brass and it makes sizing more difficult. This shell was shortened for my 3" chamber.

Boolit Master

Is that bushing just a press fit ?

And what is it made of ?

BTW it looks like a great finished product

John
    Yea, thou I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for thou art with me; Thy rod and thy staff, they comfort me.
    And I carry a LOADED Hell Cat

Quote Originally Posted by johnch View Post
    Is that bushing just a press fit ?

And what is it made of ?

BTW it looks like a great finished product

John
    I threaded the entire primer pocket and flash hole on the BMG case and then screwed the bushing in full length. I used a steel set screw that I annealed this week. I've also used 3/8" brass rod and screws. I also used a3/8" PEX JB Welded in and it worked, but it made me so nervous I decided to go back to metal.

The steel is just easier to find and already has the hole started and centered.

I screw it in so it's flush with the inside wall and JB Weld the threads. Then I cut it off with the case head, drill a hole 0.155 the entire length of the bushing (New flash hole). Then I ream for the primer and countersink for the flange on the primer.

Be careful when you do this. The bushing is the dangerous part of this system. The case heads I can do in my sleep but you want a complete seal at the primer.
    Last edited by peter nap; 12-17-2009 at 09:14 AM.

I love your zeal in pushing the envelope , I am curious about your TRI- BALL loads you want to work up but I kinda cringe at using 50bmg brass..... I can't ever see haveing too much 50BMG brass and it keeps more expensive. at least the govt. is still selling its scrap brass it was iffy for a while.
    Todd