MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2
Snyders JerkyReloading EverythingWidenersLee Precision
Inline Fabrication Load Data

Thread: SAECO 929 for 9mm

Boolit Mold

Talking SAECO 929 for 9mm

I pored my first boolits last night sized em today. Made up a few dummy rounds to check what size and OAL combo would work in my M&P Pro. I think the casting gods where smiling on this noob cause with the boolit sized to .3575" the shoulder of the wadcutter part of the boolit just kissed the rifling at listed max OAL of 1.169". I'm really happy cause this sucker is long at .710" and I'll take all the case capacity I can get! And the dummy feeds and extracts without issue and there is room to spare in the mag.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SAECO929_scalled_001.jpg  

Boolit Master

Go to the store and buy a lottery ticket, immediately! Nice boolit! Looks good in it's brass home.
    Marty-hiding out in the hills.

Boolit Master

I've got the same mould and load it for my XD9. It's so neat to be able to see your hole in the paper from 25 yards.
    I'm using Lar's Carnuba Red for lube, seems to be working well for accuracy and preventing leading.
    I've tried several different powders and the AA#2 and AA#5 have been my favorites so far.
    EW

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by stiles View Post
    I pored my first boolits last night sized em today. Made up a few dummy rounds to check what size and OAL combo would work in my M&P Pro. I think the casting gods where smiling on this noob cause with the boolit sized to .3575" the shoulder of the wadcutter part of the boolit just kissed the rifling at listed max OAL of 1.169". I'm really happy cause this sucker is long at .710" and I'll take all the case capacity I can get! And the dummy feeds and extracts without issue and there is room to spare in the mag.
    Nice looking boolits!! What I want know is how you got the parting line of the boolit to extend down the case when
    you loaded it?
    Calamity Jake

NRA Life Member
    SASS 15704
    Shoot straight, keepem in the ten ring.

Smile ??????

Does anyone have any experience using this bullet in a Sig P-226? Saeco makes a .40 cal in a very similar shape. I use it and it works great in my .40 cal 1911, but will not feed in any P-226 that I have tried it in. Nice clean holes in the target, but won't work in a Sig P-226 at any OAL. Not enough meat on the nose to cause it to nose over and go into the chamber. I know that the feed lips have a lot to do with this, but the price of Sig mags keeps me from trying to Bubba my way through it.

If that bullet works (feeds) well in a P-226, I might buy the mould for my 9mm P-226. Any input appreciated.

Boolit Master

Cadillo, the 929 is actually meant for the .38Super. I do use it w/o problems in my XD9s. You may have to go to a SAECO 924 which has been a proven feeder albeit a 124gr -vs-the 147. They are both SWC.
    EW

Boolit Master

I've shot a bunch of the 929s in my High Power seated at 1.092" and they feed fine. I normally ran them around 900 FPS when I had that mould and they were accurate.

The #73 H & G is almost the same weight...144 grains versus 148 for the 929 and it functions in my High Power as well at 1.092" and is accurate.

Too many moulds so I traded the 929 and kept the H & G.

Little heavier than I normally shoot in the 9mm but it's a good, accurate bullet./beagle
    diplomacy is being able to say, "nice doggie" until you find a big rock.....

Boolit Master

i have the saeco 929 but ive only used it in my 2- 38 supers, it shoots the best of the out of the saeco# 377- 122 gr tc and a saeco #384- 122 rn. for my 2 - 9mms the #377 is the most accurate out of the 377 and 384

Boolit Master

Both the 929 and the #73 H & G were designed for the .38 Super but they'll do all right in the 9mm. Both are a little heavy for my taste in the 9mm. One of these days, someone will make me a deal I can't refuse on a Super and I'll try the #73 in that./beagle

Quote Originally Posted by bobthenailer View Post
    i have the saeco 929 but ive only used it in my 2- 38 supers, it shoots the best of the out of the saeco# 377- 122 gr tc and a saeco #384- 122 rn. for my 2 - 9mms the #377 is the most accurate out of the 377 and 384
    diplomacy is being able to say, "nice doggie" until you find a big rock.....