WidenersInline FabricationLoad DataSnyders Jerky
RotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionReloading Everything
Titan Reloading Repackbox
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 7.5x55 swiss loads

Boolit Bub

7.5x55 swiss loads

i am looking for loads for the 7.5x55 swiss that uses a 170 grn gas checked cb. the powders i would like to use is either h4831-h4895-imr 3031 or aa2520. does any one have any such loads you would share. thanks wayne h

Boolit Master

7.5 --- Swiss

Wayne I use A 200gr boolit gas checked with 29grs. to 35grs. of IMR-3031 .

Boolit Bub

7.5 swiss

thanks for your reply. i now have something to work with. wayne

Wayne;

For more loading information on the 7.5x55 I have used data associated with the 7.62x51.

The cases are close enough capasity for data to interchange reasonably well and CB loads shouldn't really press the pressure limitations of the K31 anyway.

Good morning,
    Forrest

Gentelmen;

Just an update here, although I'm mystified about why lots of the posts on this thread no longer appear.

Just lately I have run the K31 through another of the "proving tests" done to see if the loads worked up last summer still print as well now ~ in the cold of winter ~ as they did during the heat of the year.

The answer is; Yes! The load of 29 grains Varget and the RCBS 30-165-SIL is still shooting very well.

Just a note here regarding the thread on 7.5x55 Swiss dies. I load only with the Lee collect neck-sizer dies and so far the cases have 7 cycles since new. No signs of excess sizing (why? when it may be held to the minimum necessary?) and dedly accuracy every time.

Good afternoon,
    Forrest

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by FAsmus View Post
    Gentelmen;

Just an update here, although I'm mystified about why lots of the posts on this thread no longer appear.

Just lately I have run the K31 through another of the "proving tests" done to see if the loads worked up last summer still print as well now ~ in the cold of winter ~ as they did during the heat of the year.

The answer is; Yes! The load of 29 grains Varget and the RCBS 30-165-SIL is still shooting very well.

Just a note here regarding the thread on 7.5x55 Swiss dies. I load only with the Lee collect neck-sizer dies and so far the cases have 7 cycles since new. No signs of excess sizing (why? when it may be held to the minimum necessary?) and dedly accuracy every time.

Good afternoon,
    Forrest
    ...........Forrest, possibly you're refering to this one ?: http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=72704

If so it's still here and intact

.............Buckshot
    Father Grand Caster watches over you my brother. Go now and pour yourself a hot one. May the Sacred Silver Stream be with you always

Proud former Shooters.Com Cast Bullet alumnus and plank owner.

"The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."

Shrink the State End the Fed Balance the budget Make a profit Leave an inheritance

Boolit Master

"Just an update here, although I'm mystified about why lots of the posts on this thread no longer appear."

Go to the bottom of the topics page(in this case CB Loads/military rifles) and change amount of subject lines from week to month or whatever you want then click apply.
    Calamity Jake

NRA Life Member
    SASS 15704
    Shoot straight, keepem in the ten ring.

Gentlemen;

Yes ~ I belatedly went looking more carefully and found that thread too.

Thanks for the reminder though.

Good afternoon,
    Forrest

Boolit Buddy
    FASMUS,

What's your Overall Length of your 7.5 rounds loaded with the RCBS 30-165-SIL boolit?

Inuhbad;

The overall loaded length is 2.930, which compares well with 3.045 for the ball round I have on hand. Thus the cast load works through the magazine perfectly.

Good evening,
    Forrest

Boolit Buddy
    FAsmus et al:

Does the bolt completely close on the 2.930 with the 165 sihl, or do you have to slam it hard?

Boolit Master
    Ohio- Painesville and Cleveland and Port Clinton.
    I find that 30 gr of 4895 and a 200 gr bullet works fine in my G.1911. The K31 is trickier with the short throat, but if you play around with it it will work. Personally I do best with the Lee 155 gr in the K31 as it is a bit more pointed and rides up into the bore better than most cast designs... that is the ogive is more favorable.

Bkbville;

Does the bolt completely close on the 2.930 with the 165 SIL, or do you have to slam it hard?

F- The bolt closes with gentle pressure, allowing the straight-pull cam to work easily. I'm sure the cartridge overall length has to be adjusted to fit the individual rifle in consideration of the wear in that particular rifle's barrel. Mine is 2.930, anyone else's will be determined by trial.

Good morning,
    Forrest

Boolit Buddy
    Jonk,
    Yeah, the K31 is challanging.

Just about anything I cast fits in my K 1911, but the 155gr Lee (I assume the 312-155-2R is what you mean) is too big for my K11's throat - I have to seat it back.

I'm aware of the bump die but I'm hoping the 165 Sil works out.

My test seating comes in at 2.850 though I haven't had a chance to shoot these.

Boolit Master

Twenty grains of 2400 and any cast bullet from 150 to 180 grains with a gas check using the bump die works just FINE.
    A gun is like a parachute: If you need one and don't have one, you won't be needing one again.

Thanks everybody for the info. I've recently got interested in loading for the 7.5x55.
    Mrs. Hogwallop up and R-U-N-N-O-F-T.

Boolit Buddy

7.5x55

My Lee 180 gr. casts at 168grs. and produced some really nice groups sitting on top of 19.0 grs. of 4759 and a Rem 9 1/2 primer. This load was used in a 1911 and a 96/11. I have a K31, but haven't done any cast bullet shooting with it yet..................Ray

Banned

I pulled everything out of the safe for an inspection and wipe down. Ran a patch down all the bores as well. Life has been a bit hectec the past few years, and this was way over due. Good thing to as there were a few little rust specks that got in there. Actually 4 specs to be exact on 2 rifles. Must be from handling and not wiping down before putting back in. just minor and dissapeared with 0000 and some oil.

Which brings me to my K31, that's sitting next to me right now. I never fired cast through it yet. What are the pressure limits of the K31?

They sure are neat rifles. I love the bolt and action on it, plus the overall feel. Swiss have always made good stuff.

From the original Swiss manuals for the K31 and K11:

Maximum chamber pressure ........ 3200 Atm

(3200 Atmospheres = 47,027 psi)

Resp'y,
    Bob S.
    USN Distinguished Marksman No. O-067

It's REAL ... it's wood and steel!

From a CIP data sheet sent to me by Dave at CH4D: Pmax=3800bar = 55,114PSI The 3800bar is by transducer. I'm out of picture room or I'd post the data sheet. The same is on the Swiss rifle site, but someone removed the pressure data.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast