RotoMetals2RepackboxInline FabricationReloading Everything
Titan ReloadingLoad DataMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders Jerky
Wideners Lee Precision
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910

Thread: Priming With Lee Loader - Any Accidental Discharges?

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by SteelHorseCowboy View Post
    I'm using an 8 ounce leather mallet and have started tapping very lightly. I'll try your idea of rotating the case, but I'm still going to go ahead and get a hand primer. So I can speed up my screw ups!
    I've used 16 oz leather mallets, 3 lb. dead blow hammers, 1 lb brass hammers, 5 lb lead hammers and of course a yellar plastic hammer and it does not make any difference when seating primers with a Lee Loader. Just make sure you watch what you are doing, make sure the primer is straight in the "pocket" of the tool and the spring loaded washer is free and you'll be fine. I had only one Lee Loader that would pop primers more than one out of 200, that was my .44 Mag loader. I just chamfered the primer pockets ala removing military primer crimps and haven't had a primer pop since. I have an arbor press in my shop and that makes primer seating with a Lee Loader a breeze, and easier on the hands than a hand primer...
    My Anchor is holding fast!

Boolit Man
    Well I'll be dang, harbor freight has a cheapo for $20, about what I could buy a hand primer for and I could get various uses out of it besides priming. Until it breaks. If it breaks. Sometimes cheap junk lasts just fine, so long as it's simple enough.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910