MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataReloading EverythingRotoMetals2
Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingRepackboxWideners
Lee Precision Snyders Jerky
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fleabay mold prices...DANG HIGH

Fleabay mold prices...DANG HIGH

I was following a fleabay auction for a lyman/ideal 311365 double cavity mold. This is the pointy 30cal. HBC boolit. Discontinued mold that is getting hard to find.
    I was going to bid if it looked like $75-80 would take it. I must have been dreaming. Durn thing has over $200 on it now!
    Last edited by DanM; 11-30-2009 at 03:43 PM.
    Ten Bears; "You are the Grey Rider. You would not make peace with the bluecoats. You may go in peace."
    Josey Wales; "I reccon not."

Charlie Waite; "Men are gonna die here today, Sue, and I'm gonna kill them."

Blasted hellish frozen northern wastelands, AKA Minnesota
    Buy anything on eBay and you can be certain you were willing to spend more on it than anyone else in the world!
    "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."

OUCH....the mold sold for $255.
    Ten Bears; "You are the Grey Rider. You would not make peace with the bluecoats. You may go in peace."
    Josey Wales; "I reccon not."

Charlie Waite; "Men are gonna die here today, Sue, and I'm gonna kill them."

I have seen this many times were things sale used for more that new costs, It costs to be first all the time ! Holo 6.5, pacman, ect. ect.

Figures. I sold a 45-255 swc Hollowpoint mould there, hoping to find village idiots as described. All my bidders were edumocated, I guess, LOL!

Boolit Master
    If you think FleaBay is high, you don't want to look at moulds on gunbroker. While there are some high prices on eBay, gun broker is consistently high on starting prices. I watch for moulds on the sites I frequent....the best buys are usually here from an individual or the group buys.

Gunbroker has been my best source for once fired brass.

Boolit Master
    Holy smokes! I'll bet a couple of our vendor mold makers here could duplicate that mold for a lot less, in multi-cavity format to boot! Even starting a GB from scratch, and you would be way ahead. Like I said, we sure do have it good here, what with all these reasonably priced custom mold makers.

Ohhh, but I forgot....maybe the guys who buy these on fleabay are collectors of "vintage" items and don't actually use them?

lathesmith

Boolit Master
    Yesterday, I watched as two, used Lyman moulds -- both currently catalogued, by the way -- sold for much more than new.

Boolit Master
    I have been looking for either a Lyman 350457 or350482 but can never bring myself to outbid the collectors. I am with lathesmith in the hopes that one of the mold makers here will offer some of these older designs.

Boolit Master
    Keep in mind some of these "buyers" are overseas and might not have the source of molds we are used to.

Yes these guys can really drive a price up, BUT, if you can never buy one at the local store whats it really worth to you when you see one on Flea Bay??

Technology changes the world and not always for the better.

Boolit Grand Master

There are other sites you can try that aren't usually as bad. Believe it ornot there are some honest vendors out there that just want to sell a product for a reasonable profit. I found myself when brouseing eb to stick mor to the buy now stuff. If you watch and be patient you can find occational deals there. Might try actionarms. They don't have as much though.
    Aim small, miss small!

Boolit Buddy

Fleabay mould prices...DANG HIGH

I can only echo LimpingJ above ! It looks like some of the custom mould makers would offer the out-of-production numbers i.e., Lyman #321297, #350447 and
    #350482, just to name a few.

Galena Guru

I stole a discontinued Lyman 462560 4 banger ( very rare ina four ) off fleabay for $150 ...

Try GunsAmerica as well , the prices are fixed .. I stole my 480 there ..
    Schamankungulo

Matt. 5:14-16

GMCS USN ret.

In Remebrance

OTH, you can still get books, clothing and tools for less than you would elsewhere even with the shipping. I can find older wool jackets and trousers for instance at far, far less than I'd pay for new.

Moulds? The prices are crazy.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    I was following a fleabay auction for a lyman/ideal 311365 double cavity mold. This is the pointy 30cal. HBC boolit. Discontinued mold that is getting hard to find.
    I was going to bid if it looked like $75-80 would take it. I must have been dreaming. Durn thing has over $200 on it now!
    I have watched ebay auctions on molds for several years now. Every Lee mold there is --- even if it is from a store and is NEW goes for several dollars more than Midway will sell it for. I don't understand why people are so dumb???????

Josey Wales: "You a Bounty Hunter"
    Bounty Hunter: "Man's got to do somethin for a living"
    Josey Wales: "Dying ain't much of a livin boy"

Thanks, now I know where to sell a couple of no longer needed molds.
    Pitmaster

HELGA: Where are you going?
    HAGAR: To sign a peace treaty with the King of England.
    HELGA: Then why take all those weapons?
    HAGAR: First we gotta negotiate...

"The Second Amendment protects an individual right to possess a firearm unconnected with service in a militia, and to use that arm for traditionally lawful purposes, such as self-defense within the home." Antonin Scalia

Black Powder 100%

Livingston, La. 20 miles east of Baton Rouge, La.
    The problem with flea-bay is that even though it is not legal to do many sellers use a second to increase the prices. You will see bidders with no feed back and have just signed up out bid you. I had this happen on more than one occassion and decided to stop looking on flea-bay. On one mold that I felt was a set up I stopped bidding at the very end and let the fake bidder win. Well don't you know that I received a e-mail the very next day saying that they had a non-paying bidder and that the mold was mine for my last bid. I said no thanks.
    Shooter of the "HOLY BLACK" SASS 81802 AKA FAIRSHAKE; NRA ; BOLD; WARTHOG;Deadwood Marshal;Bayou Bounty Hunter; So That his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat; 44 WCF filled to the top, 210 gr. bullet

Boolit Grand Master

Where our governors, congressmen AND THEIR WIVES make our license plates
    I was bidding Sunday and was the victim of the most accurate snipe ever seen. As the count hit 0 I was still the high bidder then the screen said SORRY YOU DID NOT WIN. Can the snipe programs really go to the last 1/10 second?

Probably. I lost a camera (at a decent price) at three seconds recently.

Next time I see something I truly want, I might look into one of those snipe programs - as much as I think they are vile. But you have to fight fire with fire, as they say.

Boolit Grand Master

Where our governors, congressmen AND THEIR WIVES make our license plates
    Three seconds might give you a chance to raise your bid but what can you do when the other bidder can go to less than a second before their bid shows. This is not the first time this has happened to me. It seems like some people can set the clock back then enter their bid. Could this be possible? No not in FLEEBAY with all their security. HA HA HA

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast