WidenersSnyders JerkyLoad DataMidSouth Shooters Supply
Titan ReloadingInline FabricationRotoMetals2Repackbox
Reloading Everything Lee Precision

Thread: Remington 11 questions

Boolit Grand Master

Remington 11 questions

I hear that any of the Remington magazine extensions for 870, 11-87, 1100 will fit a
    Remington 11 (12 ga). Anybody know for sure if this is true?

Also, anybody experience with the ATI units? Inexpensive, glass-filled polymer tube with
    a steel nut. Seems.

Likely to workl.

Bill
    If it was easy, anybody could do it.

Boolit Master
    I don't know as I've never tried these extensions on an m11 however. The distance from the front of the barrel loop to the front of the receiver is fairly critical. This distance is dictated by the wood in the forend between the front of the barrel loop and where the magazine cap tightens down on the forend. As long as the threads are correct and the extension will screw down far enough so that there is no fore and aft play in the forend I don't see why it wouldn't work. I'm a bit skeptical because I believe the magazine cap on the M11 is deeper than an 870 or 1100 but I may be wrong. If they won't tighten down enough to properly position the forend one could always fabricate a spacer to go between the extension and the forend.
    Hope that helps.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety".
    Benjamin Franklin

Where an excess of power prevails, property of no sort is duly respected. No man is safe in his opinions, his person, his faculties, or his possessions.
    James Madison

Boolit Master

The 870 extension works fine on the Browning A-5, I have done it. I see no reason whatsoever it won't work on a Remington 11.

The threads on the mag cap for a A5 are different from earlier models 1950 ish and 1962ish and beyond. I had a Choate mag extension that I bought for my project and it would NOT screw onto the mag tube of my older gun. It would however screw onto the tube of my nice 1964 gun which has no chance of being made into a riot gun.

Remember it has to screw all the way onto the mag tube and engage the detent on the fore end or else it will just screw itself back off as you shoot the gun.

If you buy one just make sure you can return it if it doesn't work.

Randy
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

Boolit Grand Master

Going to try a friend's 870/1100 extension tube before I buy anything.

Bill
    If it was easy, anybody could do it.