Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersLoad Data
PBcastcoReloading EverythingRepackboxRotoMetals2
Inline Fabrication Lee Precision
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Stolen Guns sticky

Cast Boolits Founder/B.O.B.

Stolen Guns sticky

If you have had guns stolen, like I have and you have the serial numbers to list.

These were stolen in 1993:

t/c contender 39612 had a 221 10" Octagon and a 45/410 10" bbl at the time of the theft.

Ruger Flatgate Single Six 22 18513

Ruger 45 Colt Blackhawk 04749289

These were stolen in Seaside Oregon.
    Boolits= as God laid it into the soil,,grand old Galena,the Silver Stream graciously hand poured into molds for our consumption.

Bullets= Machine made utilizing Full Length Gas Checks as to provide projectiles for the masses.

http://www.cafepress.com/castboolits

castboolits@gmail.com

Browning 12ga. 3" mag 32" full choke vent rib # 6V 92883. House broken in early 90's Bob

Boolit Buddy
    45nut this is a good idea i have been keeping a list in my shop of guns stolen from my cas shooting pards and will start adding the ones reported here from my cast boolit pards also
    mule

Generous Donator

Stolen from Spfld Oregon about 3-4years ago by Step-son
    Rossi Puma SRC 357 K131511 Rossi 70 Stainlerss steel 22 LR L004187 RBH 357 Mag 36-85409 RBH 41 mag 41-27109 Taurus Ultra-lite 38spl RE58456 Taurus pt92 AFD 9MM TGL65145D The other 9 he stole were recovered. These are believed to be somewhere between Salem and here. Never know where they ended up though. Step-son is on the run in Hobbs New Mexico and knows the state won't extradite him. There is still a warrant out for his arrest as he skipped out after his sentencing and was on Community Corrections. At least Spfld PD contacts me every 6 months to see if any have been recovered.

Boolit Master

I have been fortunate enough I never had any guns stolen (knock on wood). But my old boss gave me an idea awhile back that made sense. He was telling me he keeps all his personal stuff on a CD-Rom. Copies ofhis house deed and pics of the serial #'s off his few guns he owns. He keeps the CD-Rom in a lock box at the bank. Sounded like a good idea to me.

Back in 1970 I had a Winchester 94 Classic Rifle , SN 3217500 stolen from my apartment when I was working in Connecticut. I was going to take it home to Vermont but never even got the chance. It was brand new from the factory.

Boolit Master

Not stolen, but I would love to find the first rifle I bought years ago at a Rose's market in Norfolk, Va. A No. 4 Mk 1* Lee-Enfield, # 22L3803. I put an S&K scope mount on it with a Tasco Pronghorn 4X32 scope on it. My very first rifle. Traded it on a motorcycle with a bad title. Oops.
    Lead Forever!

The 2nd amendment was never intended to allow private citizens to 'keep and bear arms.' If it had, there would have been wording such as 'the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. -Ken Konecki, July 27, 1992

John Galt was here.

"Politics is the art of postponing an answer until it is no longer relevant". (From the movie 'Red Tails')

Boolit Master

Stolen September/October 2008
    Colt 1911A1/1927 sn4876
    SigSauer P226 snU537197
    Pro Patria-Ne Desit Virtus

About 30 years ago I bought a Pistol off of a Motor Cycle guy who needed some money. I still have it. How do I check to see if it was stolen? I would hate to get stopped with a stolen gun.
    XD 40

My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a ***** house or a politician.. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" Harry Truman

Cast Boolits Owner

You can have the local PD run the numbers in the database. Be prepared to give it up and put up with questions if it is stolen. My guess is that it being something from so long ago they may not get a hit on it but I have been wrong before.

The moral question now is do you not get the number run for fear of losing the pistol but chance getting caught with it which would be a felony preventing you from possessing any weapons for the rest of your life or do you get it run and chance losing just that one. Decisions, decisions. I know what I would do......

Robert

Quote Originally Posted by Vyrone View Post
    About 30 years ago I bought a Pistol off of a Motor Cycle guy who needed some money. I still have it. How do I check to see if it was stolen? I would hate to get stopped with a stolen gun.
    "The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion."
    - Albert Camus -

Boolit Master

Stolenweapon.com
    Pro Patria-Ne Desit Virtus

Checked out stolenweapons.com. No hits on the serial number or on the pistol.
    Don't know how up to date their data base is, but I feel better. I hate to go to the LEO and If they do find it stolen, go on their records. If I knew it was stolen, I would just as soon drop in in the middle of the lake.
    This is my bedside gun and I have only fired it about 20 times in the last 30 some years. The last 12 rounds was when I took my ccw training. I never gave this much thought until I started reading these forum and started to worry as I don't have any documentation on the purchase. Now I know to do a invoice on any purchase or sale of a firearm, as I sold 4 of my firearms at a gun show a couple of months ago and purchased one, all documented with sellers and buyers.
    XD 40

My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a ***** house or a politician.. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" Harry Truman

Smile

One other way to check the status requires that you have a friend who is a LEO, and able to run a check for you without getting into trouble himself.

I had a couple friends who were Chief Deputy Sheriff for two different counties. Before I bought a used gun I always asked for one or the other to "run the number."

It did help that I also had each of them as one of my Instructors in the Reserve Post Academy at the local Community College.
    Regards,

WE

Thankks C1PNR,
    I just fired off a email to a friend of mine that is a retired deputy sherriff to see if he knows some one, good suggestion. thanks
    XD 40

This is an excellent thread. I buy private, so will be on the look out for some of these serial #'s as I always check with a friend who runs numbers on stolen weapons for me whenever I am drooling over a possible new weapon.

I had my firearms stolen a month ago, the culprits were caught but they sold off their takings, so I'm back to having nothing at the moment.

Boolit Buddy
    My house was broken into last July. Stolen was my Mauser 71/84 rifle made in 1888 by Danzig ser. # 8011. Luckily for me I had removed the bolt and barrel bands, as I was replacing some missing/broken parts. After filing a police report I waited for 5 months, then hearing nothing , I sold the bolt and all the parts, brass, boolits and dies I had to a fellow who was trying to get 1 good rifle out of 5 parts guns.
    carlislell

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by carlislell View Post
    My house was broken into last July. Stolen was my Mauser 71/84 rifle made in 1888 by Danzig ser. # 8011. Luckily for me I had removed the bolt and barrel bands, as I was replacing some missing/broken parts. After filing a police report I waited for 5 months, then hearing nothing , I sold the bolt and all the parts, brass, boolits and dies I had to a fellow who was trying to get 1 good rifle out of 5 parts guns.
    carlislell
    What county?
    GSSF RSO
    NRA RSO
    DU

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    George Orwell

These are the times that try men's souls.
    Thomas Payne

I had a S&W Model 39-2 in 9X19 stolen last year. Suspect it may have gone to the KC, MO area. Serial # A169505. Would appreciate any help. Still have the box, one clip and brushes. My youngest son bought it from an officer in the Navy and sent it home about 30 years ago. Thanks in advance.
    Dick

On October 23rd I lost a Glock 36 45 caliber pistol at the Charlie Elliot Wildlife Center pistol Range in Georgia in Jasper County. Serial # is GWB411 If anyone comes across it i would appreciate a note letting me know where they saw it.
    thanks
    Roger

Boolit Mold

stolen guns from another site

thought Id pass this on from another site Calguns.net
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello All
    I know it's a long shot but just maybe!
    Please forward this on to other sites, forums or boards.
    Administrator ok to move this post as needed.
    thanks Dave

Please notify me (559 896-4326) or Fresno Co Sheriff dept. (1 800 522-0086 or 559 488-3111) located in Central California

Here is a list of all the weapons stolen:

Fresno Co Sheriff case # 10-16785
    Reward

1. Mauser Steyr Mod 1912 Chile, W/ Correct Bayonet & Sling 7 X 57, D658, 95%, Matching #’S
    2. Mauser Mod 1909 Argentine, W/ Correct Bayonet & Sling, 7.65 X 54, B2793, 95% Matching # ‘S
    3. Mauser Mod 98/29, Persian, W/Correct Bayonet & Sling, 8 MM, C00380, 100%New Unissued & Matching #’S
    4. Mauser Mod 98k, Brno, W/Correct Bayonet & Sling, 8 MM, 1079L, 100% Large Trigger Guard For Russian Front
    5. Mauser Mod 98k, Columbian, FN, 30-06, 25170, 80% Correct Bayonet
    6. Mauser Mod 98k, Nazi Proofs, Late War Production, 8 MM, 35375, 60% Correct Bayonet & Sling
    7. Mauser Mod 98, WWI 1918, 8 MM, 942349-111, POOR, Roller Coaster Bayonet & correct sling
    8. Mauser, Swedish Mod 38, With Flash Hider, 6.5 SWED, 272783 620181, 95% With correct Bayonet, scabbard, frog & sling
    9. Ljungman, M-42-B, Swedish Auto, 6.5 SWED, 510648, 90% With Bayonet, scabbard & sling
    10. Stutzen, Short Rifle, M95, 8 MM, 867910-512, 90% With Sling
    11. M-1 Grand, Springfield Armory Restored including cleaning kit stock, 30-06291245, 95% With Correct Bayonet & Sling, white (maple) stock
    12. Remington, Springfield 03-A3, WWII issue, 30-06, 3053299, 80% With Correct Bayonet, scabbard & Sling13. Lee-Enfield, Mk II #1, Australian issue, 303Brit, A7350 (D37281)100% New Unissued, Matching W/Correct Bayonet & scabbard
    14. Mosin-Nagat, Mod 28, Finland, 7.62x54, 27416, 60% Civil Guard Model With Slings, Replica Bayonet
    15. Euroarms, 120-B, Hawkins Muzzleloader, 54043742, 85% Power horn, Sling
    16. French MAS, Military, Model 1936, 7.5 mm, 51334, 90% W/Sling & incorrect bayonet
    17. Winchester Mod Os 1894, lever action 25-35, 469949, 65% Drilled for saddle ring or side mt scope
    18. M-1 Carbine, Inland Division, w/scope, US.30 Carb, 743224, 90% With Correct Bayonet & Sling wood refinished

SHOTGUNS
    1. American Arms, Diarm-Itziar, Side By Side Double Barrel10 3 1/2 IN, (STOCK #1099)100% new 32“ Barrels, F/F, ramp, camo sling
    2. Ithaca, Single Barrel, Century Trap, 34 Inch, 1258801468, 95%Trap full choke, gold trigger, ramp

HAND GUNS
    1. S&W, Mod 36, Nickel Steel, Pachmyers, 5 Shot Revolver38 SPEC, J791975, Pachmyers, Trigger Shoe & padded case
    2. Replica single shot cap & ball, .36 cal, boarding pistol
    3. Lyman, New Model Army, Cap & Ball, 6 shot Revolver, 44 w/ holster & belt

Thanks Dave

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast