WidenersTitan ReloadingReloading EverythingRepackbox
Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataInline Fabrication
RotoMetals2

Thread: 45 ACP ammo

Boolit Buddy

45 ACP ammo

Years ago (lots o years) I bought some 45 acp ammo at a gun show, headstamped "WCC 74" . When I shot some of this (this is factory ammo , no signs of tampering, or reloading) some of the primers left the cases upon firing.
    Dident shoot no more of it. Then while still working in a repair shop, a customer sent a gun in , along with a handfull of cases headstamped (you guessed it) WCC 74. These cases were bulged at the rear near the extractor groove, the cases were not reloaded as near as I could tell, and his pistol was unaltered. The pistol fired +P ammo without showing any signs of bulging cases.
    Now that I have a little time on my hands I decided to pull the bullets to salvage
    the bullets, about 20 rounds into this I got a round with no powder at all.
    Bottom line is I just wanted everyone here to know this if you happen to find any of this stuff around , it loods like an accendent looking for a place to happen.
    Also has anyone has encountered these symptoms before in factory ammo. I'm guessing that the brass is soft?? I know this stuff gets out there occasionally, and I shoot damn little factory ammo , but I thought I would put this on here and possibly save some one a problem, or learn something myself.
    John

Boolit Grand Master
    You would think that defective lots of ammo would be recycled or destroyed, but some of it gets out apparently. Thanks for this information--those of us with surplus 45 ACP ammo should examine headstamps--if you have some of this WCC-74 stuff, do some random sampling like John did and see what's up.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

44woody

wcc caseings

I have a bunch of the caseings do you think they could be bad I know a reloader that reloads them all the time but he has one of those big auto michines that spits out 60 or so a minute and as far as I know there has never been a problem with them 44Woody

Boolit Buddy

Dont think they can ALL be bad , it may have been the powder charge. , but the slugs are all that will be fired in my guns.
    John