PBcastcoLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingInline FabricationWideners
RotoMetals2 Load Data
Page 5 of 46 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Tumble Lubing--Made Easy & Mess-Free

Boolit Buddy
    Black Kiwi only works up to about 1000 fps. Beyond that you have to use neutral or add a Gator check.

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Ron.D View Post
    I spent 2 hrs. today driving around town trying to buy Johnson's paste wax. Home Depot, Rona, Walmart, Home hardware, etc. I can find Trewax and Minwax, but no Johnson's. In my frustration I sent an email off to S C Johnson's. Within 4 hrs. I got a very nice reply from a lady named Connie, stating that they had discontinued the product, but would pass my request on. They would also be sending me a sample of alternate products Just when I find a solution to my undersized boolits, this shows up. Have any of you bought JPW recently?? My guess is that there must be a substitute. Anyone have any ideas where to go from here. This recipe's too good to scrap. Ron.D
    After searching unsuccessfully in a number of stores, I discovered Lowes carries it.

Boolit Mold
    I found mine at Menards in the household cleaners area.

Banned

Recluse did you ever get around to testing that pain lubing formula?
    Inquiring minds want to know.

Andylol

Quote Originally Posted by prickett View Post
    After searching unsuccessfully in a number of stores, I discovered Lowes carries it.
    NOT my lowes, not even a place on the shelf, BUT I did notice that "Turtlewax" has a carnuda paste wax. as I'm sure several other Auto polish makers do as well. Looks like some reshearch is going to be required to see what the make up of these Auto wax's is
    IHMSA # 566 "time sure flies when you're having FUN"

Boolit Buddy snake river marksman's Avatar
    I picked some up at the ACE store in Jackson the other day. They had plenty. Now all I need to do is get some Alox.

Boolit Master
    I picked up the last 2 cans the local home depot had.. and the price tag was orange so I figured that it was discontinued.. so it is no longer made eh? I betted scour around for it.. if I can find a case, that will do me well for a while, I'm at the end of one can and have 2 unopened cans.. Let us know about the substitute.

In Remembrance
    Quote Originally Posted by bigthicketthunter View Post
    Recluse did you ever get around to testing that pain lubing formula?
    Inquiring minds want to know.

Andylol
    Nope, not yet.

Been loading up several calibers, though, from 30-30 to 30-06. I have some hotter velocity 200SWC loaded up in .45ACP. The real test will be some 105 SWC boolits I'm loaded in 9mm--and I'm purposefully stoking the load up to see if I get any leading.

Will let you know what happens.

In Remembrance

We cheated spitshining shoes and boots. We used Amway Shoe Glow, I think it was. Spit shine in a spray can. Fine stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by DLCTEX View Post
    We cheated spitshining shoes and boots. We used Amway Shoe Glow, I think it was. Spit shine in a spray can. Fine stuff.
    My unit uses Harry's girlfriend's hairspray to do that..
    Harry is the only one that got girlfriend that lives near the barrack back then

Boolit Buddy
    Pricket. I contacted SC Johnsons and they tell me they haven't been shipping it to Canada for a while now. Duckhunter is kindly sending a can by mail to help get me through. I've found out that Trewax, which is available here is almost pure carnauba however would therefore lack some of the other ingredients that JPW has. Duckhunters can will get me through for now and sometime in the next 2-3 yrs. I'll be in the states and pick up a lifetime supply. Thanks. Ron

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by TORCHrider View Post
    Thats the stuff. This place has it for like $6.20 a can.
    http://www.scjbrands.com/mailorder/)

Quote Originally Posted by Ron.D View Post
    I've found out that Trewax, which is available here is almost pure carnauba however would therefore lack some of the other ingredients that JPW has.
    Is this a liquid or paste ???

Boolit Master
    Hmm.. I thought I read that it was discontinued and well, I was out at my somewhat out of the area Home Depot. They didn't have it last time but I checked today and they had it again.. for just under $6 a can. Not knowing if it was discontinued or not and since it doesn't exactly go bad, I picked up 5 more cans of it. They still had about a dozen cans of it after I grabbed my 5. Wife told me, "5 is enough for now.. you can get more some other time".

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne S View Post
    Is this a liquid or paste ???
    Paste

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by sargenv View Post
    Hmm.. I thought I read that it was discontinued and well, I was out at my somewhat out of the area Home Depot. They didn't have it last time but I checked today and they had it again.. for just under $6 a can. Not knowing if it was discontinued or not and since it doesn't exactly go bad, I picked up 5 more cans of it. They still had about a dozen cans of it after I grabbed my 5. Wife told me, "5 is enough for now.. you can get more some other time".
    After reading this last night I decided to go on a scavenger hunt today for JPW. My wife said this morning she had to go into town for a couple items so I asked her to look for JPW in the stores. Lo and behold, she called me a few minutes ago and said she had found JPW at the local Home Depot. She picked up three cans for me to use in my tumble lude. I suspect that will be a lifetime supply for this old codger. Glad I read this thread and saw it was discontinued by SC Johnson. That gave me the motivation to look for it (again) but this time I recommembered!

Edd
    Charter member Michigan liars club!

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in Government." -- Thomas Jefferson

"Consider the clown(s) just one of God's little nettles in the woods, don't let it detract from the beauty. Sooner or latter you are going to run into the nettles regardless of how careful you are."

Beware of man who types much, but says nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Rem700 View Post
    Paste
    http://www.trewax.com/cgi-bin/catego...XXX&type=store
    I'll look for this locally, AND the nice think about tumble lubing is you can make a very small batch to test

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne S View Post
    http://www.trewax.com/cgi-bin/catego...XXX&type=store
    I'll look for this locally, AND the nice think about tumble lubing is you can make a very small batch to test
    Wayne I was kinda wondering if Minwax for wood would work. Had I not found the JPW, I was thinking about trying a small batch with Minwax Finishing Wax. Just a thought.

Also I did a Bing search for "paste wax" and found a couple waxes that MAY be appropriate here:

http://www.rockler.com/CategoryView.cfm?Cat_ID=102

Since the JPW may be hard to find, I was looking for an alternative that might be substituted.

Edd
    Charter member Michigan liars club!

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in Government." -- Thomas Jefferson

"Consider the clown(s) just one of God's little nettles in the woods, don't let it detract from the beauty. Sooner or latter you are going to run into the nettles regardless of how careful you are."

Beware of man who types much, but says nothing.

Boolit Master

badgeredd, I looked at the link you provided. One of the waxes is "Briwax". The link says it contains toluene as the solvent. One of the ingredients of TNT? Maybe we can learn to make explosive lube for extra omph!

Custom Cast Boolits Google Search

The Learning Never Stops!

Page 5 of 46 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast