RepackboxLoad DataReloading EverythingLee Precision
MidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2
Inline Fabrication Snyders Jerky
Page 31 of 46 FirstFirst ... 212223242526272829303132333435363738394041 ... LastLast

Thread: Tumble Lubing--Made Easy & Mess-Free

Boolit Mold
    I've been lurking here on the forum for a while. I'm getting ready to start casting 9mm, 45acp, 357mag. This is a great place for information. Thanks and I hope that I don't make so many mistakes with all this great information

Boolit Buddy
    started casting for 7x57 and 45 ACP. this sounds good-except-can I use Bees wax instead of the JPW? Ihave about a kilo of beewax and 2 bot of Lee Alox...
    TIA

Boolit Mold
    I made a batch of this a yesterday and lubed some boolits. It seemed to dry pretty quick but the boolits seem to feel slightly oily. They are not sticky, my fingers feel like they have some sort of light oil on them after I handle the boolits. Is this normal? If not what might cause this?

The two tubs of JPW that I ordered from my local hardware store just came in yesterday, so I'll be making some of this up soon. Read all of the 31 pages within this thread. Great info. Need to run to Goodwill to get a hotplate and small pot. Was in there a couple weeks ago and they had a two burner unit, but at the time, didn't realize I needed it.

made up a batch of this and casted 2k 9mm rounds to put it on. it is great!!!!
    my boolits are no longer sticky!!!
    i have about 1k with just alox on them that are still kinda sticky "i did go thin, but it is just sticky stuff"
    am going to try putting it over the top of the straight alox and see if it helps.

thank you recluse for for figuring this recipie out and sharing with the world

i coated over the alox with the recluse formula and worked great for anyone that may have same issue i had

Boolit Master
    Thanks the follow up post on 45/45/10 over just alox. I have used the Lee lube on tens of thousands of bootlits and in fact when it was a newish thing I purchased a 4 gallon case direct from them . At that time I had a sideline reloading / casting business and while myself and customers liked the results the tackyness was an issue with some. Powered graphite or talc helped a lot but was another operation.

I have some lubed and sized with straight lox from White Label and have since ordered thier Delux 45/45/10 and will wait and use it for the second coat .
    NRA Patron Member
    Vet . 2nd of the 47th 9th.Inf. Viet Nam Mar. 67-68

Boolit Buddy

I made my first batch last week and have not had a chance to use it yet, I just cast a few hundred 9mm that I need to lube, now when I shook the bottle of lube it wasnt liquidy so I opened it and it was kind of pasty, Now I followed the amounts to the T (I Believe) is this how it is supposed to be?
    Is this the reason for heating it up a little? It seemed fine even up until I put it in the cabinet and I didn't notice the thickness until a week later.

Boolit Master
    seated with Him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus (Eph 2:6)
    check it out, doesn't even cook the 45/45/10, just dumps it all into a plastic container, adds bullets, and swirls it around for a few minutes:

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by newcastter View Post
    I made my first batch last week and have not had a chance to use it yet, I just cast a few hundred 9mm that I need to lube, now when I shook the bottle of lube it wasnt liquidy so I opened it and it was kind of pasty, Now I followed the amounts to the T (I Believe) is this how it is supposed to be?
    Is this the reason for heating it up a little? It seemed fine even up until I put it in the cabinet and I didn't notice the thickness until a week later.
    Yep. At least that's what mine looks like anyway.

Boolit Master
    I am sure the by eye ball looks about right mix will work , even just Lee alox by itself has worked for decades,thousands of reloaders and millions of rounds. Pure Johsons Wax. works, dripping candle wax on the bullets works , perhaps not well but it works.

Cooking the carries from the Johnsons is required if one is truely trying to end up with 45/45/10 as the thread intended. I would not want 50 bullets lubed with this mix ratio, and 50 lubed with another etc.,etc..
    NRA Patron Member

Boolit Mold
    Couldn't get past acouple of minutes of the vid... I guess I can always watch it when I have alittle insomnia.

In Remembrance
    Quote Originally Posted by Cane_man View Post
    check it out, doesn't even cook the 45/45/10, just dumps it all into a plastic container, adds bullets, and swirls it around for a few minutes:
    Well familiar with this guy.

He came over, nosed around for a short bit, then *voila* became an instant Internet expert via him creating YouTube videos.

We've seen a BUNCH of brand new "boolit castin' experts" on YouTube who lurked over here just long enough to get their video fodder down and produced.

*Shrug* See my post in Our Town about Macho Women and Gunstore Gunslingers.

Banned

For sure, need to consider the source. Will check out "Macho Women and Gunstore Gunslingers" thread

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Recluse View Post

We've seen a BUNCH of brand new "boolit castin' experts" on YouTube

Can't beat "Tried and True".
    Lucky Joe
    "There's always a way."

After the time and energy for Myself to produce a usable BOOLIT I would not treat them like that. And he really has no darn clue. The sad part is that others that also have less of a clue will think him a Genius.
    If one sits in thundering quiet the soul dies slow instead of yell to the heavens for all to hear and behold the righteous and upstanding and ones of which should be held with tales of woe. By C.A.S. <--- Thats Me lol.

Boolit Master
    seated with Him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus (Eph 2:6)
    cooked up some of Recluse's snot today... only thing I can add is don't put the LLA bottle in the microwave to heat it up... smoke, sparks, flames!

Some Posts Kill Me lol.
    If one sits in thundering quiet the soul dies slow instead of yell to the heavens for all to hear and behold the righteous and upstanding and ones of which should be held with tales of woe. By C.A.S. <--- Thats Me lol.

Boolit Master
    Come Monday or Tuesday I should have my Delux 45/45/10 from White Label Lubes and I have a bunch of 9 MM 125 RN and 135 . SWC cast just waiting on it. Perhaps this eliminate having to clean the seating steam so often if not no big deal as I have a heat gun which takes care of it in short order.
    NRA Patron Member

Boolit Master
    Northeastern part of Penn's Woods near Slocum Hollow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Recluse View Post
    Well familiar with this guy.

He came over, nosed around for a short bit, then *voila* became an instant Internet expert via him creating YouTube videos.

We've seen a BUNCH of brand new "boolit castin' experts" on YouTube who lurked over here just long enough to get their video fodder down and produced.

*Shrug* See my post in Our Town about Macho Women and Gunstore Gunslingers.

It is "that age group & mentality". I know it all to well! They are all there for their moment in the sun at everyone else's expense!
    Last edited by JWFilips; 03-10-2013 at 08:15 PM.
    " Associate with men of good quality, if you esteem your own reputation: for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " George Washington

Page 31 of 46 FirstFirst ... 212223242526272829303132333435363738394041 ... LastLast