Load DataRepackboxRotoMetals2Reloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyWidenersInline Fabrication
Titan Reloading Lee Precision
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Toilet wax ring

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mold maker View Post
    Does anybody have an idea when the Bee's Wax was removed from toilet rings? My Dad left a stash of them that was overlooked since 1976 when he retired.
    I remember reading 100% beeswax on the packages when I worked for a plumber in 1980-81. Of course we were buying them from a small town hardware store so they could have been there for several years before we got them.

Robert

I made my first batch of Felix lube using toilet ring wax as a beeswax substitute. Seemed to work pretty good to me.

Funny thing is when I worked for a timber company everyone was raving about Obenoufs boot grease that the loggers used to treat cork boots. I bought some and the smell reminded me of all the toilet seating rings I had used setting toilets in the Navy.

Ever since then I have used the toilet seating wax rings as a cheap source of boot grease for my boots. It works great!

Kev

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by mold maker View Post
    Does anybody have an idea when the Bee's Wax was removed from toilet rings? My Dad left a stash of them that was overlooked since 1976 when he retired.
    I have one left from my Dad's accumulation that was bought in the mid sixties. I would say by the mid seventies they were replaced by the new "improved" (cheaper) materials.

Boolit Master at Heaven's Range 2010

bullet lube

I use the rings and parafine 50/50 and added heavy gear grease.bought in yard sale a deep frier to melt them.
    WILDCATT

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12