WidenersRotoMetals2Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
Load DataTitan ReloadingRepackboxReloading Everything
Lee Precision Snyders Jerky

Thread: Lead in the wood stove

Boolit Bub

Question Lead in the wood stove

After I load up some Cast bullets,I step out the door and test for acc,recoil,ect. by shooting into either the stack of wood 50 yrd away with rifle, or the one 40 ft away for the pistols. soooo the other day I'm loading the outside furnace,and I see a glob of what looks like lead in the grates. well i fish it out and it doesnt have any heft to it.its about 3 in. long and reminds me of a puddle of candle wax. I dont know if this is bullets or not,as sometimes I split the wood down to recover the lead,and dont get all of it. if it is bullet lead ,wheres the weight??
    Thank You.

Boolit Bub
    Almost sounds like some aluminum got in the woodpile.

Boolit Grand Master
    It isn't lead.

Shiloh
    Je suis Charlie

"A society of sheep must in time beget a government of wolves."
    Bertrand de Jouvenel

“Any government that does not trust its citizens with firearms is either a tyranny, or planning to become one.” – Joseph P. Martino

“If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert , in five years there would be a shortage of sand.” – Milton Friedman

"Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns; why should we let them have ideas?" - J. Stalin

Boolit Master

Sounds like someone put some aluminum pop cans in the stove. Never can tell what's in wood. I drug an old stump down the hill last year and set it afire. Took two days to burn. When I was stirring it up, there was an old axe head in it./beagle
    diplomacy is being able to say, "nice doggie" until you find a big rock.....

In Remembrance

Beagle. Did you look the axe head over carefully? There are a lot of Winchester axe`s still around in the darndest places!Robert

Boolit Master

I still have it in the garage. It's pretty rusted and pitted and I don't know if a logo still exists on it. Been there a long time. Big old box elder stump./beagle
    diplomacy is being able to say, "nice doggie" until you find a big rock.....