Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingTitan ReloadingLoad Data
MidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2RepackboxWideners
Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lyman Warranty ?

Boolit Grand Master

I have a Lyman 450 that broke the same link a year ago. I called Lyman and they said that I would have to upgrade to the "new" 4500 sizer so that the parts would work properly? It cost me $45.00. What I got was the exact same link that I initially wanted and a bunch of screws and nuts and a new handle with the redesigned round ball head! Looked at the invoice that they had sent me and got the part number off of it. Went to flea-bay and found one new for $16.00!

Now I have to get another one as I just broke the link again last night sizing 580gr .512'boolits!
    Old enough to know better, young enough to do it anyway!

Men who don't understand women fall into two categories: bachelors and husbands!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by stubshaft View Post
    I have a Lyman 450 that broke the same link a year ago. I called Lyman and they said that I would have to upgrade to the "new" 4500 sizer so that the parts would work properly? It cost me $45.00. What I got was the exact same link that I initially wanted and a bunch of screws and nuts and a new handle with the redesigned round ball head! Looked at the invoice that they had sent me and got the part number off of it. Went to flea-bay and found one new for $16.00!

Now I have to get another one as I just broke the link again last night sizing 580gr .512'boolits!
    Yeah that's what happened to me too Stubby. I bought TWO of those links because sooner or later another one is going to break. As soon as I can either get heat to my shop or spring gets here I'm going to make one out of STEEL as it should have been to prevent this. If you get the sizer good and hot with the heater and get some lube flowing to it first and put some lube, oil, alox, something on that first bullet it will help this but the big bullets I now usually run through my RCBS Lubrisizer....

Art
    ”Only accurate rifles are interesting”
    ——Townsend Whelen

In a time of universal deceit , telling the truth is a revolutionary act
    —- George Orwell

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12