Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My wife aged 40 now has stage 3 Ovarian Cancer

Boolit Master
    Got my fingers crossed!
    "Investment" is the new "Throw money at it!"

Detectives, and Cobras, and Agents!
    Oh my!

Boolit Master

Our Prayers are with you. Ive been married 31 years and couldnt imagine ever losing her.
    My fater in law and stepDad both have cancer and were givin 6 months to live. My father in law has gone 7 years since they told him that and my StepDad has gone two years but his cancer now they say in incurable. The impotant thing is to keep fighting and give her something to look forward to. We plan a cruise every year and so far they have made every one of them.
    Take Care and God bless you.

Boolit Buddy

prayers

Praise God.I hope it will be Nonmilignant and she will be fine.We will Keep Praying for Her and You as well.Mike
    If I tell you a Rooster can pull a plow You better hook him up

Boolit Buddy

Smile

Hang in there. I had a bad week and it got better.
    She needs you and we are praying for you and rooting for you both.
    Think of the positives. You will be closer to your wife by going thru this together.
    You will value simple things like, holding hands, one more day together, a smile.

When you got the news, the earth tilted. It takes a while to learn how to walk on a tilt. But God is able. Able to do anything. And we are praying for you.

May you receive a heartfelt prayer for every tear you shed.

Catmandu

One Friday afternoon ten years ago (before I met her) my wife felt terrible at work. She called the doctor and after a long conversation he told her to get to the emergency room. She had no clue or symptoms before hand but she had lukemia and it almost killed her. She flat lined twice over that weekend and it was touch and go for about a year. The happy ending is that she is 100% cancer free. Four years ago we met. Two years ago we were married (first for both of us). Seven months ago she gave birth to our son (first for both of us). We are 41 years old. God still does miracles and I'm a blessed man! It aint over till HE says it is! God bless you and we will be praying for a speedy recovery for your wife. jb

I have been on both sides of the trauma that you are going through. I know how powerless you can feel about trying to help because it seems that there is so little that you can do. The whole situation can just feel out of your control. That is not so, and by being there, living each day as fully, and as happily as you can, you will do much to help your wife's recovery. Think, and truly believe that it is something you have to live with, through, and not against, and your body will help hers recover. Genuine positive attitude helps the medicine do it's work. God is there for all of us, all the time if we let Him be, just make sure that you are there in ways that can help too. We can not accept what our fears may tell us. Our job is to live while we are alive, and to be fully alive for those that need us.

I'm on the other side of that now, having stage 4 cancer myself. I was given a few months to live nearly two years ago, and continue to do well. I snowshoed a couple of miles last week, and will probably head for the range later today. I try very hard to only be sick when I am sick, and I sure don't dwell on it. There are no guarantees in this life, we can only appreciate, and enjoy what we have this moment............. and you have much to give your wife.

Guys (and Gals): We got the good news several days ago, that after the second surgery and the biopsy and pathology analysis, the report came back NO MALIGNANCY!!!! It was such a relief to both of us words can not express how "delivered" we both felt! Thanks to all for the prayers, understanding and expressions of support. We have had such an outpouring of support from the closest family to people that did not even know us, but wanted to help or express their well wishes and prayers. We thank all of them and all of you too that were concerned or wanted to offer emotional support. Gladly we have had a happy ending.

God bless!

Glad to hear things are good! May God continue to bless and keep you and yours!

Life doesn't get better than it is at the moment you get such news! Embrace it, and keep that feeling close to your heart! Words can't express how great I feel about hearing that. Will she undergo any further treatments, or just periododic check ups? My thoughts are with you both in this second chance at life!
    Last edited by NHlever; 02-02-2010 at 10:51 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123