Snyders JerkyLoad DataInline FabricationRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingRepackboxWideners
Reloading Everything Lee Precision
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My wife aged 40 now has stage 3 Ovarian Cancer

Boolit Master

A chaplain friend once reminded me that we hear the word "cancer" as "death sentence", and that isn't always the case. She has a course of treatment available and a doc in the family to help navigate it all, as well as a husband who obviously cares for her. Don't mistake your love and concern for weakness because it isn't. I'll keep you both in my prayers.
    Most people would sooner die than think, in fact, they do so. -B. Russell

Prayers and warmest wishes to you both.

Scott

I stood in your shoes 11 years ago last April. My wife, Linda had just been diagnosed with non-hogkins lymphoma. The verdict, 50 -50 for five years or less. Well eleven years later she is still giving me the gears. No sign of cancer. Cancer CAN be beaten. Have faith in the doctors, and faith in your church.

Our families prayers are with yours.

Take Care

Bob
    Its been months since I bought the book, "How to scam people online". It still has not arrived yet!

"If the human population held hands around the equator, a significant portion of them would drown"

Boolit Master

May God bless her. Hang in there. In our prayers.

In Remebrance

My thoughts and paryers will be with you and your waife and afamily. Hang tough.

Boolit Buddy

Prayers

Our prayers are with your wife and your families. Look only to Him, He will bring you and your family through. Circuit Rider

Boolit Master

+1 on prayers and modern medicine. She CAN beat this. My best to the both of you.

Boolit Master

you and your wife have a tough road ahead and it will stress you many times but cancer can be beaten now. Your love and devotion to each other will be tested now like no other time in your lives.
    You and your wife will be in my prayers.
    I have out lived one wife and accepted being thrown away by another and it is all just life's challenges to see if we are tough enough. I am sure you and your wife are tough enough.
    As to the crying thing, it really means nothing but that you care very much about your wife and that is a good thing.
    Stay in touch
    Beware of a government that fears its citizens having the means to protect themselves.
    NRA Patron member
    Veteran

I just prayed for your wife and your family, that God will give you peace and healing for your wife.
    Crabo

Do not argue with idiots. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by The Virginian View Post
    It is going to be a long road and I pray she gets through it.
    Hang tough and stay strong!

Our thoughts and prayers are with you .... stay strong for her!!

Boolit Buddy
    Glad to hear there is some encouraging news! Our good hopes and small prayers for your wife and you!

My thoughts are with you and your wife.

Not to be too clinical or to be too business like at this point, but I have been there done that about 3 years ago with my sister. You should really see about getting a trusts/estate/will attorney to make a house call with you and your wife, especially if you two have kids.

If I had to do it over again with my sister, I would try to keep her on presnidone, a steroid, for as long as possible. Presnidone, as you probably know, makes people want to eat and pack on the pounds.

And not to thread drift this into a totally different direction... but, yeah, I would have bought marijuana for my sister to smoke, that would have hopefully made her get the munchies and get rid of her nausea. Again, making her keep up her weight.

Boolit Master
    We will keep you all in our prayers.
    Healing for her according to God's grace; and strength for the rest of you to be there for her.
    Lorene and I have been married nearly twenty years, and I cannot imagine life without her.

God Bless

Rich

All of your brothers here extended their thoughts and prayers and ears.Be strong and stay positive always.
    " I like a little rebellion now and then. It is like a storm in the atmosphere"
    Thomas Jefferson

Best wishes man. Pray heartfelt prayers. Not just for her but for some strength. She needs strong support.

Boolit Buddy

prayers

I'll keep yall in our prayers.My Wife of 27 years has been fighting Ovarian cancer for 1 year and 2 months.3 surguries a round of Chemo a round of radiation and just started another round of Chemo yesterday.All in a year and 2 months.She is supposed to be free of Cancer when we finish this round of Chemo in 4 1/2 month's.I know what your going through so Keep Fighting and Praying and Gods will will be done.Hang in there Mike
    If I tell you a Rooster can pull a plow You better hook him up

Boolit Grand Master

Don't despair. My wife of 46 yr was treated for cervical cancer in Feb. 2007.
    She's more in charge now than ever before. Beating cancer does that to wives.
    Keep your faith and be determined. Prayers work miracles and there are lots being said for both of you.

Guys I have what might be some great news, my wife went in for her second surgery which was laproscopically done which is much easier to recover from. The OBGYN/Oncology surgeon said that he did not think she has cancer and unless the pathology comes back differently, it may have just been chronically inflamed ovaries which can mimic cancer in some tests. He said that she had none of the classic symptoms or growth in the omentumn that cancer patients would have. Let's keep our fingers crossed, but I think we are over the worst.

It's great to receive good news. Praise God for that report. Prayers said.
    "He who has gone, so we but cherish his memory, abides with us, more potent, nay, more present, than the living man."
    Antoine de Saint-Expuéry

Steelbanger, NRA Life
    PRPA, Annual member

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast