WidenersInline FabricationTitan ReloadingReloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataRepackboxRotoMetals2
Lee Precision Snyders Jerky

Thread: Just got the LETTER...........

Boolit Mold

Just got the LETTER...........

From Shiloh Sharps!!!! My 45-90 #1 Sporter goes into production the end of this month! I have been waiting a long time. Now I have to come up with a big chunk of CASH but I am prepared...been saving nickles and dimes for an eternity

Wink Sharps

JOHN JOHN JOHN GET BACK DOWN HERE TO EARTH YOU CAN'T BE WALKING AROUND WITH YOUR HEAD IN THE CLOUDS.

GOOD FOR YOU YOU ARE GOING TO FALL IN LOVE WITH THIS PIECE SO PREWARN YOUR WIFE OR GIRL FRIEND THAT YOU WILL BE SPENDING LESS TIME WITH HER.

They are a work of art and good luck enjoy.

Ken
    Ken.

Be nice if it was better, but it could be worse

Sounds like a really great piece, I'm sure you'll love it. Now you'll have to come up with another big chunk of cash for moulds, cases, reloading stuff and a thousand other things you'll end up wanting for it. You're lucky you could save enough for it, I had to do the unthinkable action of selling guns and other prized possessions like a 14X16 wall tent setup, to afford a C. Sharps Hi Wall and MVA scope for it. The lengths we go to for our toys.
    Enjoy,
    McLintock

In Remembrance
    Be sure to tell the guys over on the Shiloh forum, if you want a resounding response to your news. They will immediately file adoption papers to make you part of the family.
    Retired...TWICE. Now just raisin' cows and livin' on borrowed time.

Boolit Grand Master

Starline has the brass for not much more than 45-70. If you don't need to size the bases you can cran out your 45-70 dies and use them. The bullets and molds from your 45-70 will work also as the 405 range of bullets will hold up well to 300 yards. If you want to reallly try her legs you might go for the postell or some such. I loaded mine with 70 grains of FFg and a pair of grease wads and a 405 bullet to give me a slightly souped up 45-70. If yo go whole hog and this is a 10 pound or so gun the rifle will get a little tiring after 20 rounds or so. If it shoots like the rest of them I have seen you will be one happy camper, yu have the top of the line.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnK
    From Shiloh Sharps!!!! My 45-90 #1 Sporter goes into production the end of this month! I have been waiting a long time. Now I have to come up with a big chunk of CASH but I am prepared...been saving nickles and dimes for an eternity
    John, how long ago did you send them your deposit to get on the list ?
    Parker's , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines

Boolit Master
    Ordered my 50/90 Shiloh in October 03; received it February 05. Took it to Quigley shoot in Forsyth to play in June 05. Gonna shoot Quigley with brother this year. Only problem is it's too long to fit under my pillow! ENJOY ONE OF THE NICEST THINGS YOU'LL EVER OWN!!! Get a copy of Venturino's SHOOTING BUFFALO RIFLES OF THE OLD WEST and the SPG BP CARTRIDGE RELOADING PRIMER from the authors. There's a lot of information and they'll autograph the books. Visit the Shiloh web site too. (Visit the factory. Like visiting the cousins you like back home.) You are about to join a big family when your Shiloh arrives.

Super Moderator

............You do realize too that we will have to have pictures?

............Buckshot
    Father Grand Caster watches over you my brother. Go now and pour yourself a hot one. May the Sacred Silver Stream be with you always

Proud former Shooters.Com Cast Bullet alumnus and plank owner.

"The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."

Shrink the State End the Fed Balance the budget Make a profit Leave an inheritance

Boolit Bub

To answer a question about my order........

I got pretty lucky! My order was placed last Oct. so its only been 7 months. Luckily I was reading the forums one day and a feller out in Minn. was a little short on cash due to purchasing a new house and didn't want to loose his deposit on his rifle. To make a long story short, we traded order numbers with the blessings of Shiloh. His order was placed March 2005. I will most likely receive my rifle in August or Sept. making the backorder period at about 17 to 18 months.

I already have all the necessary equipment for reloading BPC's. I have been doing some Ebay selling to suppliment the kitty. The only problem is I keep going to the Shiloh Sharps website and drooling over the options. Decided to upgrade the wood and finish which added some "un-budgeted" expense. Also decided to have Shiloh do a chamber cast for me. The only thing I really need to do is get a nice tang and upgraded front sight. Will have to make do with the stock buckhorn and blade sights for now.....those are some expensive sights!!!

Buchshot, I will take some pictures!

Boolit Bub
    John:

Congrats on gettin the new rifle. I ordered my #1 45-90 in Jan 06. I think im in for
    a long wait.

Michael