Snyders JerkyTitan ReloadingInline FabricationRotoMetals2
WidenersReloading EverythingLee PrecisionLoad Data
MidSouth Shooters Supply Repackbox
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 6 cavity 155 lee

Boolit Master at Heavens Range Pb head's Avatar

Wink 6 cavity 155 lee

By Gawd it would be nice to have the Lee .312-155gr in 6 cav configuration. I go though a bunch in 3 differant Swiss K31's and now I find it shoots very well in a 308 Win. I'm scared to try it in the 06's and 303, I have a hard time keeping the supply up with a single cavity. I'll just bet there would be others that would very much like that proven design in a 6 cavity.

Pb head

Super Moderator

............The things a champeen shooter in the 7.62x39 Rooski Shortski too! Why don't you be the hero and head this deal up later on this summer?

...............Buckshot
    Father Grand Caster watches over you my brother. Go now and pour yourself a hot one. May the Sacred Silver Stream be with you always

Proud former Shooters.Com Cast Bullet alumnus and plank owner.

"The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."

Shrink the State End the Fed Balance the budget Make a profit Leave an inheritance

Boolit Bub
    i also use this boolit in my k-31, ,308's, 30/06, 7.62x39 and 7.62x54, works great in all of them. if we do a group buy on a 6 holer put me down for one...dick
    if it ain't broke don't fix it

6 Cavity

Quote Originally Posted by Pb head
    By Gawd it would be nice to have the Lee .312-155gr in 6 cav configuration. I go though a bunch in 3 differant Swiss K31's and now I find it shoots very well in a 308 Win. I'm scared to try it in the 06's and 303, I have a hard time keeping the supply up with a single cavity. I'll just bet there would be others that would very much like that proven design in a 6 cavity.

Pb head
    Since it's not a new custom design but one of their own standard bullets, I would think they could sell a special ordered run of those at pretty much the same cost as their regular 6 cavity molds.

Boolit Master
    I go through a lot of these 155s too. It's the best boolit I have for my K31 and it works great in my 03A3 and Krag as well. I also would be very interested in a six cavity version. I can't commit to a project now, but I might have time this fall. If there's enough interest, and no one else wants to do the legwork, I could take on the project then.
    Maineboy

Little Egypt, Part of the political fifedom of Chicago
    LEE was contacted about doing their standard bullet in six cavity molds, they want custom prices for doing it! This is a very good bullet, but the RCBS 308-165-SIL shoots as well or better. Its a shame that bullet isn't scaled up to .311" body and .303" nose.

Boolit Master
    Count me in on this, and I have never even tried a single one of these. I have seen enough talk on them, and with as many 30's as i am fooling with it would sure help out.

Any chance we could do some type of group buy on 6 banger handles? I could use 3-4 pairs of the things.
    Jeff

Boolit Master
    You guys are all plotting together to keep me broke!

Ok. Ok. I want one ( or 2) also...

If Lyman gets their act together and offers some good stuff in 4 cavity....I'll need a second job!!!!

Dale

Boolit Master
    Hey, the 'handle' group but would be cool, too.

Boolit Master at Heavens Range Pb head's Avatar
    If I remember right a group buy on the handles was checked into a while back. Turns out it was just as cheap to oder off of Midsouth or Midway.

As far as heading up a buy on custom Lee 6 cavity moulds, as much as I'd like to I don't think I could handle it what with running two pistol matches a week plus one each air pistol and 22 rifle shoot a month all at my home club. That and trying to keep all my shooters and myself supplied with boolits has me busier then a one armed paper hanger. Don't know how I found time to work before I retired.

Pb head

Moderator Emeritus

If we have to pay full custom price for an existing mold how about adding a small meplat to it say .225-.245. A flat makes it easier for me to find a top punch and it still should feed from the autos. Gianni.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Boolit Master

MT Gianni, Lyman #467 top punch works well with this boolit..Ray

Talking

Ohhh Boy! Oh Boy! I want one of these! I'm currently the ONLY caster/Reloader for our small 7.5 X55 club. There are only 4 of us in it...but that still keeps me busy! A 6 holer would be great!

Count me in!
    “For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life” – John 3:16

That still amazes me…I don’t care who you are or how much I care about you, I would never let you kill my son. I can’t even begin to understand how much He loves us.

Talking !55

I'm in for one. Works great in my 1911 Swiss and also in my Nagants. Mel

On Heaven's Range

Yeahyeah..whatthehell....count me in on the 6-cav 30-155 too!
    Regards from BruceB in Nevada

"The .30'06 is never a mistake." - Colonel Townsend Whelen

Cool

Are we going to do this right away? I want one of these, too, but am going out of town for a couple of weeks and not sure if I'll have Internet access.
    Regards,

WE

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by C1PNR
    Are we going to do this right away? I want one of these, too, but am going out of town for a couple of weeks and not sure if I'll have Internet access.
    They'd better NOT be doing this right away I can't afford to get in on the 358-180 I REALLY wanted to, and I'd have liked to have also gotten the 45 Colt boolit. But, no! These things are coming along as crowded together as sardines.

Hopefully since no one has stepped up to manage it, it'll go another couple weeks? I hope so anyway!

.............Buckshot
    Father Grand Caster watches over you my brother. Go now and pour yourself a hot one. May the Sacred Silver Stream be with you always

Proud former Shooters.Com Cast Bullet alumnus and plank owner.

"The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."

Shrink the State End the Fed Balance the budget Make a profit Leave an inheritance

Boolit Master

Me too!

Well, if we are just counting noses, count me in too! And no cracks that my nose is big enought to count for two, just one thank you! Maybe Lars will honcho this and see if we can get 100 orders!

Boolit Master
    I'm in, and I'll run the buy if no one else wants to. Maybe talk about it a spell, open orders June 1st, and plan on placing the order July 1st?

How say you on specing this one just a hair on the fat side, say .313 nominal rather than .312?
    Sometimes you gotta wonder if democracy is such a good idea.

Boolit Master

Leftover,

That sounds great. I would also like to go, say .313 and maybe a .304 nose? Kinda like the big Fat .30?

Also would like a small meplat.

I'm in, just let us know the ordering data and I'll send ya a check.

Thank you for steping up!

Cat

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast