Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
RepackboxRotoMetals2Reloading EverythingLoad Data
Wideners Snyders Jerky

View Poll Results: When Tumble Lubing - Do you Stand-em Up or Leave-em Lay after you pour them out?

Voters
439. You may not vote on this poll
  • Stand-em Up

204 46.47%
  • Leave-em Lay

235 53.53%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Tumble Lube Poll - Stands-em UP or Leave-em Lay?

swirl them around in a plastic bowl, dump out on tin foil, leave alone until dry.

True gun control, is hitting where you aim.

Boolit Master
    I have a smooth bucket lid I use just for drying. I dump them out and use a pair of hemostats to stand them all up. I have noticed the coating is much more even if you stand them up.

NOW, How many of you scrape the left over of and save it? I always save all the scrapings and toss it in the pot when making homemade lube.

i thin my alox at least 60 % mineral sprits and stir and drop the mess in a cardboard box. seems to work just fine. Cardboard soaks up what runs to the down side of the round. Just seem cleaner to me.not sure that works so well with semi auto stuff. tried with a 105 grain lee mold 380 round nose. . Got a lot of alox on lip of the loaded case/round which i had to wipe off.

no left overs to scrape off. I use the white label x lox. cheap and works for me.

Boolit Man
    I lay them then use a hair dryer to dry them in 15 mins - no need to wait overnight.!!

Boolit Bub
    I have both an RCBS Lubamatic II and Lee sizing dies for many different calibers, and have sized bullets using both methods for years. At one time when tumble lubing I use to stand my bullets up, now I do not bother since I found it did not make a difference. I just make sure that they are spread out evening and not touching one another. I have conducted leading tests and found absolutely no difference. But suit yourself, either is fine. Enjoy.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345