Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyLoad DataLee Precision
Wideners Repackbox

Thread: Starting from scratch

Boolit Buddy

Starting from scratch

Get a newbie started right now...

FINALLY got the RCBS Luber/sizer cleaned out of some NASTY *** grease that must have been in there since the battle of Shiloh..? Stunk to hi heaven and was "green"...??

Thankfully the heater I bought ran for about 45 minutes and had it warmed enough it came out in nasty looking "green" hunks.

Now to put some new in! I have some RCBS...which IS green colored??? and Jakes sort of amber colored stuff thats 50/50 mix.

Which would YOU start out with??

Boolit Grand Master

What are you planning to shoot?
    Old enough to know better, young enough to do it anyway!

Men who don't understand women fall into two categories: bachelors and husbands!

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by stubshaft View Post
    What are you planning to shoot?

44 caliber...215-250 LSWC...900-1200 fps

Boolit Grand Master
    You can't go wrong with any of the 50-50 Beeswax-Alox blends, IMHO. Plus they have the advantage of being very stable in the lube pump... they won't degrade and turn green! I shot a lot of .44 mag loads at those steel animals standing far away, an any failure was always attributable to operator error!

Froggie

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Frog View Post
    You can't go wrong with any of the 50-50 Beeswax-Alox blends, IMHO. Plus they have the advantage of being very stable in the lube pump... they won't degrade and turn green! I shot a lot of .44 mag loads at those steel animals standing far away, an any failure was always attributable to operator error!

Froggie

I'll start with your advice Froggie! Thanks.

Not sure what brand of lube was in that thing when I got it ( used from e-bay and in mint condition) but it was green when I was digging it out of there and it STUNK to high heaven...whew! ( I found out later that RCBS lube is green colored)

dont quote me on this but ... it used to be that rcbs lube came in two flavors , pistol and rifle , pistol was greenish colored and rifle was more of a beige color , the current rcbs page only shows one lube ( i'm betting pistol as it's the only one in stock at midway - who also has 3 reviews of said product ) the composition isnt noted ( only for the rifle @ 50-50 )
    Je suis Charlie

" To sit in judgment of those things which you perceive to be wrong or imperfect is to be one more person who is part of judgment, evil or imperfection."
    Wayne Dyer
    if it was easy would it be as worthy ? or as long of lasting impression ? the hardest of lessons are the best of teachers [shrugz]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLzFhOslZPM