WidenersInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad Data
RepackboxTitan ReloadingReloading EverythingRotoMetals2
Lee Precision

Thread: Which Mold Handles

Boolit Mold

Which Mold Handles

Hello. I am new to this forum but have been lurking here for a while trying to learn what I could about casting bullets. I have just started casting my own in the last few months and love it thanks to all of the information that I have found here.

I was going to order a new mold for a 35 Rem. that I have and wanted to get the RCBS 2 cavity mold but I like the Lyman handles better. Question is will the Lyman handles work with the RCBS mold? The molds that I started out with was Lee.

Any help would be appreciated.

Nightfisher.

Boolit Master

Although I don't have everything handy right now, I am pretty sure that Lyman handles are too thick for RCBS molds. You will also have to recut the hole. Better to get the RCBS handles. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Beau
    At one with the gun.

Boolit Man
    I have that mould and it works the best for me on the RCBS handles,I have tried other 2 cav RCBS moulds and they didnt work with the lyman handles I have on hand but maybe others will work,But then again I like RCBS handles much better and am willing to trade Lyamn handles for rcbs handles
    Everyone Is Entitled To Be Stupid, But Some Abuse The Privilege

Boolit Buddy
    my lyman handles wont work with rcbs molds.the shank is too thick and the hole would need to be re-drilled. if i did all that i think they would be too sloppy for my lyman molds.

Moderator Emeritus

If you have a set of Lee handles for their 6 cavity moulds you can file them down and redrill if you absolutly can't find a set of RCBS handles. Gianni.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Boolit Grand Master

I have several sets of Lee six cavity mould handles. They will work fine with the RCBS mould blocks but as Mt Gianni stated you will have to remove about .020" from the handle extensions that go alongside the mould blocks.

Dale53

Boolit Mold
    I appreciate the response. I have never seen either of the molds or handles and didn’t know if they would interchange without any problems. I will order the RCBS handles with the mold to keep from having any problems.

Thanks again.

Nightfisher

Banned

I don't know what the problem is! I have been using Lyman handles in RCBS moulds for years. They are a perfect fit unless you have a 2 cavity RCBS and that only takes drilling some holes in the handles. Any dummy can do that!