RotoMetals2Reloading EverythingInline FabricationSnyders Jerky
MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxWidenersLoad Data
Lee Precision Titan Reloading
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: This thread is a time capsule...

This is the first time I stumbled on this thread as well....what a great story. Now that you've hunted for 8-9 years....you'll know what I'm talking about here....when you're there in the stand all by yourself in the woods in the stillness and the quietness....you become your own worst enemy with your thoughts. All the "what ifs" of life creep in and you go through regrets, anger, fears, complacency, and sometimes pure joy at the thoughts of the "what might have beens". Its purely a trick of the mind. Its also a great time to reflect on what God has created...just for you...at that moment. That reflection for me brings me back to reality of my life...and the happinesses that I've experienced and still experience.

I'm glad you got to experience it. Better late than never...I've hunted since I was 12 (almost 55 now) and spent all but two of those years hunting (college craziness)...You'll never forget your first hunt...first game taken, first learning experience that you'll vow never to do again...but there are many more hunts ahead and lots more stories to be told.

Congrats...now you gotta get a hog I can't wait to hear that one.

redhawk

The only stupid question...is the unasked one.
    Not all who wander....are lost.
    "Common Sense" is like a flower. It doesn't grow in everyone's garden.

If more government is the answer, then it was a really stupid question. - Ronald Reagan

Boolit Grand Master

Good morning
    The scull looks fine. Feller I know from Maine told me you know if it is done if it never smells like rotten meat. He was right !
    I have no regrets being a hunter since other hunters decided I was good enough to tag along. I think my first time out I was the one who climbed up on the brush piles to jump around and scare out the cotton tails ! What great fun ! That was SW Michigan 55 years ago.
    Mike in Peru
    "Come unto Me, all you who labor and are heavy burdened, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28
    Male Guanaco out in dry lakebed at 10,800 feet south of Arequipa.

Boolit Master
    Outstanding Sir.Congrats on a job well done.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo
    People never lie so much as after a hunt,during a war,or before an election.
    Otto von Bismarck

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123