WidenersSnyders JerkyRepackboxLoad Data
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2
Reloading Everything Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Liquid Turtle Carnauba Wax

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jcwit View Post
    For what it costs, probably very little. However it also works very well in the tumbler.
    That I wouldn't doubt. I have a bottle of Cabelas tumble polish and it smell a lot like auto polish.

After looking at the tumble polish it is not at all like auto polish. I could see using car wax/polish for tumbling could be bad juju. It might leave a layer of polish or wax on the shells that would make them slick. They may then not grip the sides of the chamber walls very well and put a lot of pressure on the bolt. This could lead to a major failure.
    Last edited by mto7464; 11-01-2009 at 11:11 AM.

Boolit Master

Thanks everyone for the information. I've got an experiment scheduled for the next trip to the range with White Lightning chain lube with a Lyman 311410 and I'll reserve the Turtle Wax for the tumbler (great idea).

Bruce
    I Cast my Boolits, Therefore I am Happy.
    Bona Fide member of the Jeff Brown Hunt Club

Guys,

For anyone still interested in Carnauba wax there are two that work and are readily available everywhere. Meguiar's Pure Carnauba Paste and Mother's Pure Carnauba Paste. They both have no abrasives (cleaners) or contaminating additives and are available at almost all automotive shops. They are both about twice the price of other automotive waxes but well worth it for boolits.

They are both available in paste form and liquid (don't buy the liquid). They are both available with and without abrasives (cleaners). Buy only the pure carnauba paste without additives or cleaners from either of them... It will say on the can.
    "Hindsight is always so much more accurate than foresight, but well considered foresight so much more valuable." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Banned

Thanks, TDC, I'll check in to that.

Gear

Boolit Grand Master in Remembrance

They are both available in paste form and liquid (don't buy the liquid). They are both available with and without abrasives (cleaners). Buy only the pure carnauba paste without additives or cleaners from either of them... It will say on the can
    For Heavens sake name just why????????

The abrasives are so soft in the std. polishes it is impossible to harm a hardened steel barrel.
    You're going to have a he!! of alot more wear from a cleaning rod or the cleaning chemicals or other products. Ever hear of JB Bore Cleaner, its an abrasive. Got any abrasive left inside your case from tumbling? Auto wax or any other? Any wind blown dirt or grit in your barrel or on you bullet? How about dust sticking to that LLA tumble lube?

Man some of the folks here are really paranoid!!!!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jcwit View Post
    For Heavens sake name just why????????

The abrasives are so soft in the std. polishes it is impossible to harm a hardened steel barrel.
    You're going to have a he!! of alot more wear from a cleaning rod or the cleaning chemicals or other products. Ever hear of JB Bore Cleaner, its an abrasive. Got any abrasive left inside your case from tumbling? Auto wax or any other? Any wind blown dirt or grit in your barrel or on you bullet? How about dust sticking to that LLA tumble lube?

Man some of the folks here are really paranoid!!!!
    No not paranoid, just ignorant about what the abrasives are. This is why intelligent people ask questions to get answers so they will no longer be ignorant about something.